• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

halifax tmpp rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halifax tmpp rejection

hi,
    thanks in advance for any information provided. my wife and I took out tmpp with the halifax mortgage. we feel that we were mis-sold ppi for this product. we felt the sales adviser was quite pushy at the time and that we were not told of the restrictions of claiming etc and that we needed the tmpp in order to enhance chances of mortgage acceptance. At the time of taking out this product my partner and I were on 6 months full sick pay and 6 month half pay with our respective employer. The product covered myself for life cover and not my wife's. The critical illness component of this product covered myself but not my wife's. The sickness cover on this product would have paid £432 per month for both of us after a 30 day period (this would not have covered our mortgage payment). I was under the impression that when this product was sold then it would have been equal for us both. I initially sent a letter of complaint to the Halifax, (27/12/13) (they received this on the 29/12/13) and we also filled in their questionnaire that was sent to me and returned it. we did not hear anything back for 7 weeks after returning the questionnaire, Then we received a phone call from the Halifax asking for more information (15th January) It was explained by us in that phone call that our preferred method of contact was written correspondence so as we would have the proof should the complaint be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Services (even at this point the member of staff was pressurising us to provide information over the phone). we were promised correspondence in the post of the further information they required, however after a couple of weeks this hadn't materialised, so I sent another letter dated the (5th February 2014) stating that I had not received any correspondence to provide further information or indeed received any letter providing a final response of this complaint. on 12/02/14 we received correspondence (cant prove this as no date on envelope) dated 21/01/14 and 22/01/14 with a final response stating that our complaint was not going to be upheld due to the lack of information provided. we are quite angry and upset at this decision as firstly we were willing to provide information by post it just appears that this is not the Halifax's way, secondly (and we are not ones to be cynical) but it appears that they only responded after the letter I sent on 5th February 2014 and dated these letters to us 21/01 and 22/01 so in essence it meant that they had responded in the time frame allowed to them where in theory it three weeks overdue. please advise thank you
    Tags: None

Re: halifax tmpp rejection

Hi and welcome

If they confirmed it final did they also mention about your rights to complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS)? with an enclosed leaflet of how to complain to the FOS? If so if final they should enclose this and you therefore have 6 months to do so from the date on the final decision letter.

Now Halifax are known to reject and send standard-generic fob off letters, but before you decide to go to the FOS, give Halifax about 14 days to review, but send email to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the business and a copy to the complaints team to make them aware you have taken this up with the CEO.

Email the CEO, tell them you are most diappointed with the outcome of your complaint of having this rejected. You gave eligible/genuine reasons to make the complaint as your rights to do so, but do not feel the complaints team even investigated it, or taken into account all your reasons that apply.

You also need to raise the fact that, you feel the complaints team didnt act fairly to your complaint when they expected you to forward further information over the telephone when you made it pretty clear to them at the time they did contact you by phone your preferred method of contact is telephone only, as you understand this is evidence you will require if you forward your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
    I would also raise the fact that on research it appears that Halifax have failed and rejected many customers this way. It is so wrong and unfair!

Enclose copies of your rejection letter to the CEO and if you a copy of your complaint letter/form, or give your full reasons of your complaint, and add that as a respectable business, you believe your complaint to be reviewed, reconsidered and hopefully overturned, but if you hear nothing within 14 days you will consider taking further action with evidence you hold on your complaint.

Hope this helps, if you require the CEO email address let me know. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

[QUOTE=di30;410758]Hi and welcome

If they confirmed it final did they also mention about your rights to complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS)? with an enclosed leaflet of how to complain to the FOS? If so if final they should enclose this and you therefore have 6 months to do so from the date on the final decision letter.

Now Halifax are known to reject and send standard-generic fob off letters, but before you decide to go to the FOS, give Halifax about 14 days to review, but send email to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the business and a copy to the complaints team to make them aware you have taken this up with the CEO.

Email the CEO, tell them you are most diappointed with the outcome of your complaint of having this rejected. You gave eligible/genuine reasons to make the complaint as your rights to do so, but do not feel the complaints team even investigated it, or taken into account all your reasons that apply.

You also need to raise the fact that, you feel the complaints team didnt act fairly to your complaint when they expected you to forward further information over the telephone when you made it pretty clear to them at the time they did contact you by phone your preferred method of contact is telephone only, as you understand this is evidence you will require if you forward your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
      I would also raise the fact that on research it appears that Halifax have failed and rejected many customers this way. It is so wrong and unfair!

Enclose copies of your rejection letter to the CEO and if you a copy of your complaint letter/form, or give your full reasons of your complaint, and add that as a respectable business, you believe your complaint to be reviewed, reconsidered and hopefully overturned, but if you hear nothing within 14 days you will consider taking further action with evidence you hold on your complaint.

Hope this helps, if you require the CEO email address let me know. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

hi Di thank you for your response, I would like the CEO email and address please. please find time to read reply letter from the Halifax thankyou IMG_0001.pdfIMG_0002.pdfIMG_0007.pdfIMG_0004.pdf there are a couple of more pages to send

Comment

[QUOTE=bcool;411122]
        Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Hi and welcome

hi Di thank you for your response, I would like the CEO email and address please. please find time to read reply letter from the Halifax thankyou [ATTACH]10814[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10815[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10816[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10817[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10818[/ATTACH] there are a couple of more pages to send
        IMG_0005.pdfIMG_0006.pdf

Comment

I shall dig out the details now for you, please bear with my as my puter is running a little slow lol, cheers.

Comment

Right okay, you need to tell them, that if you were aware of these costly frowned upon policies back then, then you would have certainly raised this up sooner, but you have only recently became aware and realise that you have genuine reasons to have raised the complaint.

I also note they are giving you the opportunity to write back with further information, so as I said above, write to the CEO but also write back to these too who sent you the letter, or if you wish give the complaints dept an opportunity with further info, and if they do not overturn it, then email the CEO.......

here;
            davidnicholson@halifax.co.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X