• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GE Cards (Now Santander) PPI Decline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Cards (Now Santander) PPI Decline

As expected Santander declined PPI refunds on 2 old GE Money Cards. I have got the details of the insurance provider (as suggested on this site, thanks) but my question is what to do next, especially as the 6 month period for ref to FOS (if applicable) ends on the 17th and 18th Jan 2014.

We have had all successes apart from what will be 2 small claims probably but still feel it is worth a go if there is anybody out there who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks as always.
    Tags: None

Re: GE Cards (Now Santander) PPI Decline

Hi there

So now its time to forward to the underwriter.

I suggest to have a go yourself first and if the underwriter does not agree by the time they give you a final decision, you can complain to the FOS.

How old was this account and on what grounds was it rejected? (in other words when was the account taken out and settled)?

If rejected because they are saying its too old where they not able to locate anything on the account or because of the time limit etc.

Did they actually say you are covered to complain to the FOS? The FOS are only able to take on complaints if the business you complained to were FSA regulated at the time you taken out the accounts, if this does not apply then you contact the underwriter/insurer who was possibly regulated by the FSA as for dealing with insurance matters.

Please let me know the procedures you have taken so far in order for me to know how to help you, cheers. :-)

Comment

Hi,

Yes, schoolboy error, it is the FLA they have referred us to.

One account was 1998, the other 2000.

They rejected both claims on the following basis:

Purchase of PPI was on a non-advised basis with sufficient info provided at point of sale to make an informed choice, or soon afterwards. No advice was provided or recommendations made. They said that the applicant (wife) would have been asked to sign a CCA and that this document had an optional, seperate place to sign if PPI was required. They then say they have enclosed a copy CCA for our reference but they have actually sent a copy of the signed application form (for each account) rather than a seperate CCA agreement. Their is a signature in the the box for both apps "Account Cover" section.

In May we sent letters to start the claims saying she had sufficient work cover etc and then the FOS PPI Questionnaire was received and sent back.

Decline letters dated 17 and 18 July were then received.

Thanks for anything you can add/help us with

Comment

Hi there
        Thanks for posting back.

It also reminded me to dig out my letter for you, so I shall send you a pm shorthly in order for you to now move forward with the insurer/underwriter, if this fails, they these are usually covered/regulated by the FSA so your able to take this one to the FOS as from the underwriters final decision, so you should have a new 6 month timescale. Please bear with me and I shall pm you shortly.

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks,

I will let you know how it goes

All the Best

Comment

Your welcome

Hope you received my pm message and the best of luck x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X