• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS PPI

So I found out from CPP that I had a PPI when my RBS cc was taken out in 2007 and the policy ran until it was cancelled in 2009by god knows who... not me thats for sure, as I didn't know I had it in the first place until I was told by cpp vote letter. So I call and speak to RBS a few weeks ago to lodge a complaint, and 3 weeks later (tonight) they call me.. The guy goes through everything, explains he will be handling the case and asks if I remember taking the PPI out the day after applying online for the CC, so I say NO I didn't take it out. He asks if I can remember what I was doing for work at the time.... My answer, I'm not sure I think either part time work or un employed as shortly after this I moved home to Cornwall... I asked him " do you have any work details for me on your screen... His reply Oh yes Miss C.. you worked for a company called "One Over" WHAT??????? I have never heard of this company before, let alone worked for them.... I thought he was taking the p*ss... but was very serious... I think from my reaction he could tell that I was telling the truth.... Whoever placed that PPI on obviously had a sense of humour when they put down the name of the company I apparently worked for!!! Anyway he said he would either call me back or I would receive a letter in the next few days... I'm not sure whether to feel positive about this or be angry.
    Thriftkitten....
    Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.
    Tags: None

Re: RBS PPI

That's strange!
    Hope you receive a positive response soon, keep us posted, good luck x

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I do look forward to their response one way or another.
      Thriftkitten....
      Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Comment

Ok quick update, I received a letter from RBS Customer Concerns Team, stating that they had finished reviewing my complaint regarding a mis-sold PPI and have decided to uphold the complaint and offer me £1056.92, they also included a break down letter on the back, I am happy with this amount as I wasn't aware I even had a PPI on that credit card which ran for 2 years from 2007 until 2009 when someone other than myself aparently cancelled it. I have no idea how it will be paid to me, the letter did state that if I had any arrears it would be used for paying them. I do have a balance of about 2k on that credit card which is not over it's credit limit, but an amount is taken by DD monthly so I wouldn't call that arrears. Although I do have an overdraft which I'm currently drowning in with RBS on a Current account. Do you think the money will be paid to cover that even though the PPI was for my Credit card? I must keep a check on this as I cannot access an RBS branch where I live, (too far away) so everything is done via direct banking.
        Thriftkitten....

Comment

Just to let you know I received a cheque, Happy Days :bedjump:
          Thriftkitten....

Comment

So sorry to have missed this one, I noticed your previous post was when I was going through a listful of Dr's and hospital appointments and I never got round to responding.
            Well done on your success!! Great work! x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X