• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax PPI on mortgage 2nd rejection letter help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax PPI on mortgage 2nd rejection letter help

Hi Everyone,
    just registered with the site and I am very disappointed with the Halifax rejecting my PPI claim for the second time. All their evidence seems to be based on opinions, assumptions and their own conclusions. I also wrote to them on 24/10/2013 asking them for all documentation of my mortgage account including PPI and gave them 40 days to provide this. Guess what they have provided nothing so what evidence have they based their rejection on?

Any advise is much appreciated.
    Thank You
    Malcolm

Re: Halifax PPI on mortgage 2nd rejection letter help

Sorry should have said 24/09/2013

Comment

Hiya

Have you made contact to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) about this?
      From what I understand, Halifax have bad habit of sending out standard generic fob off letters.

I would raise your issues with the CEO and tell him your not happy with the way this is being dealt with by his team.

In regards of requesting for your paperwork, I take it you done this by forms of sending a SAR letter?
      If so you would have made the payment of £10 cheque or postal order?

If cheque, then I would check your bank account to see if they've taken the payment yet.
      If the 40 days have gone by, you need to send them a reminder (and if you know the fee been debited from your account, also make that clear to them as well).
      Tell them you will allow another 14 days as from the date of your letter/and or email and if you receive nothing by then you will be contacting the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO).

Comment

Thank You Di,
        I have just sent back another letter with the £10 cheque asking them to review my claim again as they have not provided 1 shred of evidence and all their answers are based on assumptions, conclusions & opinions and that they are using delaying tactics. I also informed them I have taken legal advice on the matter with my solicitor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X