• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black horse finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black horse finance

I took finance out for a motorcycle in 1999 with black horse finance over 5 years, I remember the amount but nothing else apart from I paid it off in 2003, I did write to them regarding ppi last year but they said they had no record of me, where could/would I go from here? Or have I missed the Boat regarding ppi?
    Tags: None

Re: Black horse finance

Have pm'd di30 for you--hang on till she gets here

Originally posted by Slappyboy View Post
    I took finance out for a motorcycle in 1999 with black horse finance over 5 years, I remember the amount but nothing else apart from I paid it off in 2003, I did write to them regarding ppi last year but they said they had no record of me, where could/would I go from here? Or have I missed the Boat regarding ppi?

Comment

Thanks chum

Comment

Hi and welcome Slappyboy, cheers Turbo for informing me x

Do you have any old statements lying around somewhere perhaps? This should give details of the loan account number.
        When you made the reclaim complaint to BH, did you give them all details you could remember?

I take it the loan was set up and sold to you by BH, were they also the lender?

Have you tried requesting for the Subject Access Request (SAR) for the paperwork/Credit agreement from BH data protection department?
        If not it maybe well worth doing so, you pay the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order and they have up to 40 calendar days to comply to this request. If they no longer hold anything at all on the account they will write to confirm with enclosing the payment made for the fee of the SAR.
        If you have not done this yet but would like to have the copy of the SAR template letter let us know, cheers.

However, with the account being an old account, I dont think BH were regulated by the FSA, in this case they tend to generally reject complaints, so with them not being regulated by the above at the time you taken out the policy - the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) would not be able to take on a non fsa regulated complaint. I will confirm though if regulated by GISC then the FOS consider taking on the complaint.

Another avenue to take on this if it failed with the broker, would be to complain to the Insurer/Underwriter of the business who were most likely to have been regulated as with selling insurance. The FOS usually suggest this avenue if all else fails.

So you could contact BH to ask them for the details of the Insurer/Underwriter of the policy, so we can take it from there.

Sorry for the questions, we can decide what direction to go from there. :-)

Comment

Hi Di, the actual loan was taken out through my local ish motorcycle dealer where I was told that to be excepted I would need ppi, I've trawled through every scrap of paper I found but all came to nothing, I changed banks about 4 years ago so can't access none of that info either when I contacted bh before I said when the loan was taken and cleared and address's, I've not done sar so template would be brilliant thank you. Would It be worth going into old bank and asking if they have any of my acc info? Thanks for your help

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for getting back to me.

First of all I note you said that the loan was takn out through your motorcycle dealer, if these set it up for you then its these you must at first pursue. Do you know the name of the motorcycle business?
            It's always worth calling into your local bank, by giving your name/address/old address etc they may be able to locate the information you require of the account number.

I shall dig out the SAR for you and be back as soon as poss.

Di

Comment

..........Here below is a SAR letter template, also thanks to Bilk for this.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......
              [ Your Name & Address ]
              The Data Controller [ address ]
              Date:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Data Subject Access Request - Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998
              Data Subject: [ xxx, address as above, and formerly of: ]

Please supply all data that your company holds relating to my entire account history. Whilst not exhaustive, for the avoidance of doubt I list below what I require:
              o Full and legible copies of all contracts and agreements that have existed between myself and your organisation, including copies of any documents you hold in support of same. This is to include account no. [XXXX]
              o Full and legible copies of all statements relating to the above accounts. This is to include all credits, debits, charges & interest applied to my account(s) including details of any instances that required manual intervention. It is also to include monthly account balances.
              o Full and legible copies of all correspondence, including all letters, faxes, emails and memos sent and received between ourselves, and any other third party in relation to any of the above accounts.
              o Full unedited copies of any telephone recordings and/or transcripts of these recordings as well as any logs or journals that relate to them.
              o Full and legible copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
              o Full details and legible copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.
              o Full and legible copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.
              o Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of the same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.
              o If any data has been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, reason for deletion, certificates or documents confirming details of destruction. If you are unable to provide such certificates, then I require a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
              Please be aware that the Data Protection Act 1998 clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and there is no correlation to the Limitation Act 1980 whatsoever. This request therefore lawfully includes any and all data which is older than six years. If you do not hold any data older than 6 years, then I require a signed declaration from your data controller confirming this, and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper disposal.
              All data - including data held on a microfiche or similar systems - must be provided within 40 days, and if you require a fee for this, then I enclose the maximum statutory fee of £10.00 – which must not be used for any other purpose. If you choose to waive all or part of the fee, then please be aware that you will still have a legal obligation to comply with this request. I thank you in anticipation of a prompt and full response and compliance.

Yours faithfully,

[ Sign ]

[ Print your name ]

Encl: £10.00 fee.

[ Your Names & Address ]

The Data Controller
              [ address ] Date:

Comment

Di, thanks for the letter, I do know that the motorcycle dealer is still trading, do I need to go see them? I'll try and go into bank within the next couple of days, the accounts were closed only a few years ago so hopefully they will have some record of me lol :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Your very welcome.

Feel free to give the name of the business of the motor-cycle business, as others on here may have had dealings with them too and may know if they are still trading or not, or we could check them out on a website called "Companies House" for Companies search.
                  But yes do ask your bank too that will be a help.

Comment

The motorcycle company is frazers of Gloucester :tinysmile_grin_t: I'll go see bank ASAP

Comment

Cheers

So I take it its these here;

http://www.frasersmotorcycles.co.uk/

Comment

That's the one...

Comment

Brill!

Then you can pursue them for the reclaim, and go from there, and of course try to get the info of the account number from the bank, hope they can help you.
                          Keep us posted and we can take it from there.

Comment

Will be back once I been to bank, thank you ever so much for your help:tinysmile_grin_t: I was so close to trying one of those company's or giving up all together

Comment

So glad you not gone to one of those companies LOL, we are here for you here and will help all we can.

We are here for when your ready so no worries! x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X