• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard defending PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard defending PPI claim

You will obtain everything relating to the account; all historic information, which clearly you do not have.
    Don't forget to request the information that related to the PPI also; Norwich Union Insurance Limited were the underwriter for the PPI.
    The PPI details will have to be provided as they were within the four corners of the Credit Agreement.

If, you are unable or, reluctant to spend the £10 statutory fee.
    You could make a section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 Request at a cost of £1.00; requesting a true copy of the original credit agreement with Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and any other document referred to in it. Together with any and all subsequent Terms & Conditions as varied under "the Act" (The Consumer Credit Act 1974)

Send by Recorded Delivery and keep copies; do not sign just print name

Comment

I spoke with Barclaycard - evidently they didn't receive my letter asking them to review there decision to defend my claim for PPI reimbursement !

Do i now re-send letter to the same claims dep or just apply for Subject Access request ?

Comment

Barclays, keep using the same old, got lost in the post, excuse...!
        Please, peeps always best to send Recorded Delivery, even 2nd class will do.

It won't harm to make a SAR, this is something that should be done when making a PPI claim; information gathering:beagle:

Comment

Hi

Just received my SAR seems a lot of information - they do seem to have sent a copy of my original application - with paragraphs blocked out - its so small i can hardly read it ??
          In order to progress my claim for PPI refund how am i to use this information ?

Regards

Comment

Hi

Not heard anything from B/Card regarding asking for a review of their decision !
            Should i place with ombudsman & wait their response ?

Best regards
            Neil

Comment

Hi Neil

How long ago did you ask for a review?

Did you try the CEO (Chief Executive officer)?

Comment

Hi

Asked for a review back in October & sent it recorded delivery , so i know they have it !
                Not tried the CEO though - should i simply send another letter to him ?

Neil

Comment

i've now contacted ombudsman as I'm swear my six months period is running out from when Barclaycard decided to defend .

Comment

Good for you, it does seem to be taking a long time.
                    I would then be tempted to email the CEO again and say you are disappointed not to have had any feedback from him, as you understand your email was received in October, so today you made contact with the FOS.
                    Just a thought, wonder if that should nudge him! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks for your feedback .... i'm still not 100% sure i have a legitimate claim ? they keep telling me i applied bty post so i won't win ? any thoughts ?

Comment

Hi

they must take into account your reasons despite how it was applied, and I do understand even though it is more diffcult when it was a posted application, you can still succeed.
                        Hopefully the FOS will see through this.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Just for your info - i received a letter today from Barclaycard informing me they reached the wrong decision back in 2013 & in-fact i do have a claim for mis sold PPI - now how do i work out the figure they have told me is correct ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X