• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax

Its a bit long winded this lol.... iv had refunds of claims back off Halifax for my ppi after a long battle a few months ago, (im sure a lot of you are). On a loan I took out with ppi I cancelled the agreement a few weeks later,and had a new agreement given with no ppi. Later on in this loan I was off work for a while with a broken arm, forgetting I had cancelled the ppi on my previous loan I tried to make a claim but was rejected. Having looked at my accepted ppi claims the loan I cancelled with ppi was refunded so they must of charged me for the policy. Im I right in thinking that tecnicaly even tho I canceled it and a new agreement was given I still had ppi so my claim should of stood.
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax

If they cancelled the original loan & refunded the PPI Premiums paid + 8% stat interest AND restructured the loan without PPI--then I'm afraid you won't be covered by the new loan and the old loan is not active(IMO)

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
    Its a bit long winded this lol.... iv had refunds of claims back off Halifax for my ppi after a long battle a few months ago, (im sure a lot of you are). On a loan I took out with ppi I cancelled the agreement a few weeks later,and had a new agreement given with no ppi. Later on in this loan I was off work for a while with a broken arm, forgetting I had cancelled the ppi on my previous loan I tried to make a claim but was rejected. Having looked at my accepted ppi claims the loan I cancelled with ppi was refunded so they must of charged me for the policy. Im I right in thinking that tecnicaly even tho I canceled it and a new agreement was given I still had ppi so my claim should of stood.

Comment

they have only just refunded the premium for that loan tho not at the time of renewing without ppi.

Comment

However--you cancelled the PPI a few weeks after inception--so I do not see that you got a just reason to claim on it--imo

they have only just refunded the premium for that loan tho not at the time of renewing without ppi.

Comment

To clarify-can you post up

• Amount of Loan for cash advance
          • Amount of SPI Loan for PPI
          • Date of loans
          • Date you cancelled PPI
          • Date a new policy without PPI was issued
          • Date AND amount(s) that you received refunds relative to PPI
          • Date you tried to claim for your broken arm

Turbs

Comment

I will inbox you if ok

Comment

looking at this paper work the refund ppi was for the second loan with no ppi it must of rolled over after cancelling the first loan with ppi. ? I tried to claim about 2 years after taking out the loan without ppi, it was refuse and the only solution they said was to renegotiate that loan on a low interest as I was off work. MY point is if I was covered I would of never needed to renegotiate that loan to there benefit.
              Last edited by Evolution; 2nd June 2013, 13:45:PM.

Comment

anymore info on this ?

Comment

please post letter re the refund-personal details removed

i need to know if it was a refund of that part of the second loan that was purely for the increased figure due to the loan on ppi from loan 1

Comment

do you have an email address ?

Comment

Simiantics@gmail.com
                      I share it with Bill-k too btw

do you have an email address ?

Comment

email sent many thanks.

Comment

Will look when back on main pc..on phone ar noment

Comment

you get a chance to look over them

Comment

looking at moment--phew--complex ain't it---might have to get Bill involved later too after I've taken it all in
                              He's good at consolidated loans theory but he will especially be encouraged by their offer of "Indirect Losses" which we know as "Consequential Loss"

you get a chance to look over them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X