• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hsbc ppi worth pursuing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hsbc ppi worth pursuing?

Hi all

I had a loan back in 1998-2000 which i do recall having ppi on it, my problem is that i do not have any paperwork at all, on contacting hsbc they state they no longer hold any information as they are only obliged to hold records for 6 years.
    Can I take this that it would be a waste of time pursuing this complaint ?
    Tags: None

Re: hsbc ppi worth pursuing?

Hiya

If you can try tracking down the loan account number and have your reasons that would help.

Sometimes they will tell you they no longer hold any information, but unless you send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the data dept, a separate dept to what I know of, let them see if they can get hold on the info.

Many of us been told no information held, yet on sending a SAR it's sometimes a different story.

Do you require a copy of the SAR template letter? One of us will be happy to post this up for you.

Do you still have the loan account number?

Comment

Hi Di

Yes I have the loan account number and already done a sar request that provided nothing other than my recent corrospondence with them. The fact they provided nothing am I just to forget ppi reclaiming on this particular loan

Comment

If this was me I would still be trying for the price of a stamp and with the complaints dept being separate to that of the data dept as well.

Usually or sometimes, if a bank is unable to find your information, they may instead come out with an offer, for example Lloyds do usually off the standard £1,200 if they're unable to track down info

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          If this was me I would still be trying for the price of a stamp and with the complaints dept being separate to that of the data dept as well.

Usually or sometimes, if a bank is unable to find your information, they may instead come out with an offer, for example Lloyds do usually off the standard £1,200 if they're unable to track down info
          You think go for the complaints dept then, what address would I contact them on then?

I dont believe or trust hsbc at all in all honesty, little trust in most of the banks

Comment

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2//contact-u...Links_PPI_Link

You should write to us at:
            HSBC, PPI Complaints
            PO BOX 6177
            COVENTRY
            CV3 9HP

Check the above link as well, for the procedures of comlaining to them.

Just a thought, did you bank with these as well?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X