• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hsbc ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hsbc ppi

Hello, I have a hsbc credit card, and my girlfriend was looking through the statement the other day and asked me what the "insurance premium - 79p per £100" was, which i didnt know, is this PPI, i didnt know i had this to be honest. It is still active at the minute. Should i cancel this.

many thanks msherrock
    Tags: None

Re: hsbc ppi

Hi and welcome

If the insurance is not wanted, you can cancel at anytime, but it is still good to have protection in place to protect for unemployment, sickness etc.
    However, you do not have to have this, so you have a right to cancel at anytime.
    But if you believe you was mis sold the cover, you can make a complaint and try to make a reclaim on the ppi premiums you paid, and the relevant interest.

To make a complaint, you must have your reasons, you can ask them to cancel at the same time, and you do not need to let them know the amount, as they should provide you with these details once resolved.

But, if you do not have any further paperwork, and want further data on your account, you can optionally request for a Subject Access Request (SAR) there is a template letter on here if you want us to post this up for you for this request. They should provide you with all the details they still hold on the account by 40 calendar days and you enclose the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order.
    (*This is as said optional).

Or you can with your reasons if you believe you were mis sold make a complaint by completing the complaint form, give your reasons.
    There are many, for example.
    If the PPI was automatically added to the account.
    Forced into taking it out.
    Maybe you were unemployed when you taken out the account, in this case the ppi would not have protected you.
    Or maybe you were only working part time hours, 16 to 18 hours.
    Or even covered with Sickness by employer.

The list is endless.

Read more direct from HSBC site.
    http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-us...tion-insurance

And who to write to..
    http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-us/complaints

Comment

Hi,
      I also have an HSBC credit card with ppi and I'm thinking about cancelling the ppi and then making a claim for misselling as although I have already made a small claim on it many years ago due to illness, I remember being penilised in some way and I know I was disappointed with the payout but was too ill to make a fuss as I had concussion, and was penilised in some way ( I can't remember what it was now) for claiming. I was very unhappy at the time. My questions are as follows:

1. Do I still have a right to claim if I have already claimed on the insurance?

2. I took out the insurance whilst working part time. Does this make a difference?

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by silver7 View Post
        Hi,
        I also have an HSBC credit card with ppi and I'm thinking about cancelling the ppi and then making a claim for misselling as although I have already made a small claim on it many years ago due to illness, I remember being penilised in some way and I know I was disappointed with the payout but was too ill to make a fuss as I had concussion, and was penilised in some way ( I can't remember what it was now) for claiming. I was very unhappy at the time. My questions are as follows:

1. Do I still have a right to claim if I have already claimed on the insurance?

2. I took out the insurance whilst working part time. Does this make a difference?

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Many thanks.
        Hi and welcome

Yes you can still make a reclaim, for example the cover may have covered you for one thing yet not the other, yet you were paying for the full policy.

However, it is not suggested to cancel it while making a complaint, as this will be done later on once resolved, with that you should receive all premiums you paid, plus relevant interest to date.

If you worked say under 18 or 16 hours yes you do have a case, but as you were paid out on an illness they may raise this up, but there are many other reasons why the policy may not have suited your full requirements.

Also just to add, if you can please add a separate thread, so we can keep this on track and not to confuse it with other reclaims, it's not a problem but will be easier to deal with if you get my drift lol . Any probs let us know.

Comment

There was something on penalty sites about reclaiming CCPP (Credit card protection) okay it may not be the same as PPI, but it's still one you can complain and ask for a refund ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Hi and welcome

If the insurance is not wanted, you can cancel at anytime, but it is still good to have protection in place to protect for unemployment, sickness etc.
            However, you do not have to have this, so you have a right to cancel at anytime.
            But if you believe you was mis sold the cover, you can make a complaint and try to make a reclaim on the ppi premiums you paid, and the relevant interest.

To make a complaint, you must have your reasons, you can ask them to cancel at the same time, and you do not need to let them know the amount, as they should provide you with these details once resolved.

But, if you do not have any further paperwork, and want further data on your account, you can optionally request for a Subject Access Request (SAR) there is a template letter on here if you want us to post this up for you for this request. They should provide you with all the details they still hold on the account by 40 calendar days and you enclose the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order.
            (*This is as said optional).
            Golden Rule - get proof of postage

Or you can with your reasons if you believe you were mis sold make a complaint by completing the complaint form, give your reasons.
            There are many, for example.
            If the PPI was automatically added to the account.
            Forced into taking it out.
            Maybe you were unemployed when you taken out the account, in this case the ppi would not have protected you.
            Or maybe you were only working part time hours, 16 to 18 hours.
            Or even covered with Sickness by employer.

The list is endless.

Read more direct from HSBC site.
            http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-us...tion-insurance

And who to write to..
            http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-us/complaints
            Hope you don't mind me adding that bit, Di.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X