• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2 barclays c/c's with ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 barclays c/c's with ppi

hello all,this is my first post.i am helping my partner to reclaim ppi on 2 barclays credit cards. she has made a complaint about ppi on 1 of the cards and received a letter to say they have upheld the complaint...they are offering £8,500. in 2006 she made a claim on the policy for a broken knee, and was paid a grand sum of £10... not much use to someone that's selfemployed ! however they paid it. so my first question is, if they paid out for a claim was it still miss sold? my second question is, if she signs the acceptance form for this ppi claim will it affect the claim thats about to be made on the other barclay card? we also think that she has cpp on 1 card, would that be a separate claim? thanks for your help.phil
    Tags: None

Re: 2 barclays c/c's with ppi

Wow--£8,500 offered!!!

It can still be deemed mis-sold even if a claim has been made

The actual claimed amount is deducted from the calculated redress amount

The 2 card claims will (should) be treated indepently of each other

Remind me what cpp stands for please

Turbs

Originally posted by impact1 View Post
    hello all,this is my first post.i am helping my partner to reclaim ppi on 2 barclays credit cards. she has made a complaint about ppi on 1 of the cards and received a letter to say they have upheld the complaint...they are offering £8,500. in 2006 she made a claim on the policy for a broken knee, and was paid a grand sum of £10... not much use to someone that's selfemployed ! however they paid it. so my first question is, if they paid out for a claim was it still miss sold? my second question is, if she signs the acceptance form for this ppi claim will it affect the claim thats about to be made on the other barclay card? we also think that she has cpp on 1 card, would that be a separate claim? thanks for your help.phil

Comment

Card Protection Policy

Comment

as Enaid says, it's to cover identity fraud, and as i understand it.....fraud is covered by the card issuer, so CPP is miss sold. my partner has been paying an annual fee of about £75 for a few years. The PPI on the first card has been running since 1992 and is still current. It had been running on the other card since 1992 but was cancelled in 2005, hopefully it will still be worth a few quid! thanks for your replies phil

Comment

Hi and welcome

Many have still been successful in ppi reclaiming even if a successful claim has been made. For example; it may have protected for one thing and not the other, so in this case you are entitled to make a reclaim on those grounds.

Comment

FWIW, I agree with all the above guys' posts, Phil. I think you have a good couple of claims. As Enaid confirms, CPP is 'Card Protection Policy,' which can be reclaimed now. We need to evaluate the £8.5K offer first, methinks - and then go on to check out the later stuff. As Turbo has implied, £8.5K is a decent amount, so this is a serious PPI claim. We can help - but it will probably need work from you as well - nothing cerebral - just the tedious stuff of punching in numbers to a program. If you're up for that, then we're up for it, too.

Comment

my thanks to Di and Bill...........Bill i could be up for it depending on the info i have to evaluate the offer. ive had a look around the site and can't find the program that you refer to. The offer/acceptance letter is dated 13/12/ however it was delivered on the 27th and says that she should reply within 10 working days, which has already past, should that be a concern?....Thanks phil
              Last edited by impact1; 31st December 2012, 11:16:AM.

Comment

Turbo and I have a spreadsheet/calculator program for credit card PPI, but it is not yet resident in the site's spreadsheet library. We hope to remedy this soon, and are hoping to upgrade the PPI advice soon. I've attached a copy of this, so please download it, and make a couple of copies of it. It does need a good set of records, so if you don't have copies of your statements, you should send a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR or SAR). It will cost £10, but should get you copies of all your data going back a minimum of 6 years. I'm not sure which is the best one to use, as there are several to choose from, but I'll attach a copy of the one I use.

As regards passing the deadline - it doesn't matter if you are intending to challenge the offer - but if you were going to accept it, then this would be difficult now. It sounds like you have passed the point of no return, so it's probably best to go through with this. It MAY be possible to get an extension of the deadline by mentioning that there was insufficient detail as to how the offer was calculated for you to make an informed decision on it, and that you have had to obtain further advice and assistance. This includes sending a DSAR, which can take 40 days to comply with. Worth a go, I reckon.
                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X