• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse PPI reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Horse PPI reclaim

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
    BUT....I think....they have attempted to interpret Example 8 (albeit an odd way of +'s & -'s)..but have failed to spot that this example is "an active loan" where the residual PPI balance is written off and the loan reverts back to the balance that would have been without PPI

Hence the enormous shortfall in their offer of redress
    I agree - that could well be the case. It would have the same effect as the theory I put forward earlier, but your explanation that it was treated as an active loan makes better sense to me. It is strange that - although they explained example 8 (or their understanding of it) - they didn't mention re-scheduling in their letter. We may need to watch out for this in future.
    Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
    With Loan 3, the settlement was NOT made with a further BH consolidation loan, so we DO have to claim the PPI element in the settlement directly this time.
    The debt was settled with a repayment of £10619.56. As 29.141% of this was PPI, then £3094.65 is due to be refunded from this.
    I believe this is where BH have made their error, in that they 'Carried-Forward' the £3094.65 PPI to nowhere !!!

Comment

I agree - that could well be the case. It would have the same effect as the theory I put forward earlier, but your explanation that it was treated as an active loan makes better sense to me. It is strange that - although they explained example 8 (or their understanding of it) - they didn't mention re-scheduling in their letter. We may need to watch out for this in future.
      Thanks once again bill and Turbo for your comments, I, as stated in my last post, have replied to black horse once again almost 2 weeks ago, have heard nothing back from them, will give them to the start of next week then ill be back on chasing them as by then the 14 day dead line for a reply from them I stated in my last reply, will be past. as always, ill keep you posted.

Comment

UPDATE : Have just come off the phone chasing black horse for a reply, they told me a letter was posted to me yesterday.......... the person I spoke to on the phone couldn't tell me what was in the letter......... I now wait in anticipation for it to drop through my letterbox...... will keep the forum updated when I receive it and will work out my next move.........

Comment

Fingers crossed for you D1anne.
          Gill x

Comment

I have now received a reply from black horse, they are insistent that there calculations and offer are correct and have gone into a detailed explanation on how they have worked this out, I will scan there reply and send it to Bill and turbo and they can post on here and reply with what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by d1anne View Post
              I have now received a reply from black horse, they are insistent that there calculations and offer are correct and have gone into a detailed explanation on how they have worked this out, I will scan there reply and send it to Bill and turbo and they can post on here and reply with what they think.
              I have e mailed this to bill and turbo and await there response.

Comment

Ok..on phone internet ..
                Will reply around 5-6 ish when i get home from York

Comment

I have had a quick look and note that bh say the term REBATE " is a PPi REFUND

Will load em to photobucjet later for all to see and comment

Turbs

Comment

I have had a quick look and note that bh say the term REBATE " is a PPi REFUND

Will load em to photobucjet later for all to see and comment

Turbs
                    I am prepared to reply back for one last time to them, and IF required go down the ombudsman router but may need some assistance to get the info gathered that they can understand and hopefully agree with. but will await and see what yourself and Bill make of there comments first.

Comment

Right--just back--will load up letter for all to see in photobucket

Be back later in evening after digested implications D1anne--Bill---feel free to post your analysis

EDIT---personal details still in--will edit them out for you

Turbs
                      Last edited by Turboman; 8th March 2013, 17:45:PM. Reason: edited personal stuff out + Bill--feel free..

Comment

Well done, and thanks, Turbo.

Taking Loan 1, which was for £2000.00, with £323.43 PPI added. To calculate the PPI apportionment, we simply divide the PPI amount (323.43) by the total loan amount (2323.43), and this comes to 0.139203677 on my calculator, which is 13.9203677%. Excel has rounded this up to 13.9204%. How they calculate it to be 13.9123% is beyond me - but hardly worth arguing over.

They say "At the point of settlement, an early settlement rebate of £162.39 was applied in reduction of the balance of PPI owed..."
                        The point of settlement was 16/02/07. There is NO entry in the statement of an early settlement rebate, or even a PPI rebate, nor of a sum of £162.39. So - if the statement is a true statement of account, then this £162.39 rebate is fiction. However, THREE DAYS after the point of settlement there is a sum of £151.89 credited as "SETTLEMENT ADJ." There is NO mention of the words, "early," "rebate," or "PPI." It must therefore be something OTHER than a PPI rebate, and has been taken for what it is described as - and presumably a reward for early settlement of the loan. But arguing that this is not a PPI rebate will probably just prolong the agony, and I doubt if the the FOS would accept our argument that it isn't. So, I'm inclined to accept their loan 1 calculation, but with £151.89 as the "PPI Rebate." This will have the effect of reducing the PPI claim in Loan 2.

EDIT: Extra stuff. I have modified Loan 1 spreadsheet to show the £151.89 Settlement Adj. as a PPI rebate. This reduces the PPI 'Carry-Forward' to £109.73. However, if we accept BH's calculations for Loan 1, then we accept THEIR calculation that £121.87 is carried forward - which is better for us. So I propose that we accept their Loan 1 calcs. Revised spready attached:-
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bill-K; 8th March 2013, 18:37:PM.

Comment

Well done, and thanks, Turbo.

Taking Loan 1, which was for £2000.00, with £323.43 PPI added. To calculate the PPI apportionment, we simply divide the PPI amount (323.43) by the total loan amount (2323.43), and this comes to 0.139203677 on my calculator, which is 13.9203677%. Excel has rounded this up to 13.9204%. How they calculate it to be 13.9123% is beyond me - but hardly worth arguing over.

They say "At the point of settlement, an early settlement rebate of £162.39 was applied in reduction of the balance of PPI owed..."
                          The point of settlement was 16/02/07. There is NO entry in the statement of an early settlement rebate, or even a PPI rebate, nor of a sum of £162.39. So - if the statement is a true statement of account, then this £162.39 rebate is fiction. However, THREE DAYS after the point of settlement there is a sum of £151.89 credited as "SETTLEMENT ADJ." There is NO mention of the words, "early," "rebate," or "PPI." It must therefore be something OTHER than a PPI rebate, and has been taken for what it is described as - and presumably a reward for early settlement of the loan. But arguing that this is not a PPI rebate will probably just prolong the agony, and I doubt if the the FOS would accept our argument that it isn't. So, I'm inclined to accept their loan 1 calculation, but with £151.89 as the "PPI Rebate." This will have the effect of reducing the PPI claim in Loan 2.

EDIT: Extra stuff. I have modified Loan 1 spreadsheet to show the £151.89 Settlement Adj. as a PPI rebate. This reduces the PPI 'Carry-Forward' to £109.73. However, if we accept BH's calculations for Loan 1, then we accept THEIR calculation that £121.87 is carried forward - which is better for us. So I propose that we accept their Loan 1 calcs. Revised spready attached:-
                          Thanks so far Bill, I presume you are looking at the rest of the info they have given in comparison to your calculations ?? I suppose what I need to know is bottom line, is this still worth fighting over and if I go back to them or down FOS route, do I have a leg to stand on given that ill have to wait a year on their reply, if it is thought for one min that BH calculations are way out like calculations showed before I believe this is worth fighting for....... can you understand where they are coming from and how they get to the figure they quote ?? or are they trying to offer less than they should ??

Comment

Looking at Loan 2, BH have remembered to add the 'Brought-Forward' PPI of £121.87 (their calculation), but they appear to have completely forgotten to add the new PPI of £1142.99 which has been charged on the new loan. So Loan 2 is entirely wrong IMO. Again, taking the "SETTLEMENT ADJ." of £777.50 as a PPI Rebate, and using their own 'Brought-Forward' PPI of £121.87, I calculate a PPI refund of £228.80 is due and £253.97 PPI to be carried forward to Loan 3. Revised spready attached.

EDIT: BH have not completely forgotten to add the new PPI - but they HAVE forgotten to include it in the apportionment ratio, and therefore have omitted it from the 'carry-forward' PPI amount.

BH have offered £227.54, BUT they calculate that £396.59 PPI is carried forward to loan 3, whereas I have calculated it to be £253.97. So - if you are going to accept that the £777.50 was a PPI rebate, then their offer is better than my calculation. Again, however, THEIR figure for the rebate is £799.47 - and there is no such amount shown in the statement.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Bill-K; 9th March 2013, 15:13:PM. Reason: Clarity.

Comment

Keep it up Bill--going to bed as doing my head in again---bl.oody BlackHorse suddenly out of the blue conjuring up what the Rebate Refund figures actually comprise

When we dealt with all those Firstplus stuff--their statements were clear and in plain English what the final rebates, refunds, PPi refunds etc were representing-----not Black Horse---I think we have a member somewhere who is good at reading peoples minds--am I allowed to send for her-pmsl

Comment

Keep it up Bill--
                                Not easy at my age - but I'm taking plenty of blue Smarties. :lever:
                                going to bed as doing my head in again---bl.oody BlackHorse suddenly out of the blue conjuring up what the Rebate Refund figures actually comprise
                                They are the lowest. Either completely thick - or ten steps ahead of us. I suspect the latter, sadly.
                                When we dealt with all those Firstplus stuff--their statements were clear and in plain English what the final rebates, refunds, PPi refunds etc were representing-----not Black Horse---I think we have a member somewhere who is good at reading peoples minds--am I allowed to send for her-pmsl
                                They have 'wised-up,' I suspect. And so the game of leap-frog continues.
                                Errrrm - let's perhaps leave clairvoyance as the last resort - we may yet need to resort to it !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X