• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax credit card PPI rejection - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax credit card PPI rejection - please help

Hi, Can anyone help me please. I have a claim on going with the Halifax since march 12 for PPI on a credit card I had in 2004. Originally I received a letter in April saying they were rejecting my claim as they had tried to contact me but to no avail so they went ahead without me. Also the letter said I called them to apply. I wrote back appealing the descission, as they have never called me, I asked them to confirm who they had been ringing as I believed it to be the address I lived at 2004 and no longer lived there. (They were sent all my current details on the FOS form) I also asked them for proof I called them as I know this never happen is I was only young and didn't understand what PPI was. None of these questions have been answered.I received a letter back in August saying I had not given them written authority to discuss my claim with a Gary Beaumont and until they received such letter they would correspond with me directly. I have no connection with said person and called them to find out what was happening. A lady at their call centre read out a letter supposedly sent in by my husband! (I am not married) and the claim was almost exact to mine. Again I asked for my claim to be reviewed as how could I be certain it was myself they had been trying to contact. I left all my current contact details. By October I hadn't heard anything so I called them again to find out the latest, she said she would get someone to call me. All they did was resend the original letter dated April rejecting my claim. Again no one called me to discuss. Could anyone tell me if it is worth perusing this further? I am starting to reach the end of my tether, I get the impression that if they send the same correspondence enough times I will just give up. Is it worth trying a PPI handler? If so can anyone recommend one. The way i feel at the moment 30% less of something is better than nothing at allAny advice gratefully received.Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax credit card PPI rejection - please help

Originally posted by h4yley80 View Post
    Hi, Can anyone help me please. I have a claim on going with the Halifax since march 12 for PPI on a credit card I had in 2004. Originally I received a letter in April saying they were rejecting my claim as they had tried to contact me but to no avail so they went ahead without me. Also the letter said I called them to apply. I wrote back appealing the descission, as they have never called me, I asked them to confirm who they had been ringing as I believed it to be the address I lived at 2004 and no longer lived there. (They were sent all my current details on the FOS form) I also asked them for proof I called them as I know this never happen is I was only young and didn't understand what PPI was. None of these questions have been answered.I received a letter back in August saying I had not given them written authority to discuss my claim with a Gary Beaumont and until they received such letter they would correspond with me directly. I have no connection with said person and called them to find out what was happening. A lady at their call centre read out a letter supposedly sent in by my husband! (I am not married) and the claim was almost exact to mine. Again I asked for my claim to be reviewed as how could I be certain it was myself they had been trying to contact. I left all my current contact details. By October I hadn't heard anything so I called them again to find out the latest, she said she would get someone to call me. All they did was resend the original letter dated April rejecting my claim. Again no one called me to discuss. Could anyone tell me if it is worth perusing this further? I am starting to reach the end of my tether, I get the impression that if they send the same correspondence enough times I will just give up. Is it worth trying a PPI handler? If so can anyone recommend one. The way i feel at the moment 30% less of something is better than nothing at allAny advice gratefully received.Thanks
    Hiya
    It does sound to me there's been some confusion, and the fact that you were/are not married etc...

I would write to the Chief exective Officer (CEO) put it all into writing, explain the situation in full, (far better than dealing with matters over the telephone).

Have you requested for a SAR (Subject Access Request) the paperwork of this account?
    Any telephone calls should be recorded either as recorded as taped or in written transcripts, times of the calls made etc and to what tel number they made the call.
    It may be of some help for your case.

You could ask your local MP to write to them and send a copied letter to the CEO of the business, it may help, because it looks like they failed you with poor customer service, and I would also bring that to their attention as well. No business like to be given a bad name, and they have FSA guidelines to follow when complaining, and for every customer to be treated fairly.

If you have not requested a SAR, and you want to do this, I or someone here will post up the template for you, with that you have to enclose £10 cheque or postal order, and they have up to 40 calendar days to comply.

Hope this helps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X