• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi in dmp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi in dmp

Hi ya guys,

quick question, Hubby and me have a DMP, its working so well its not funny, but hes just said to me Babe im an idiot ( I knew this he married me) I have PPI on all of them loans!!

Can he reclaim the PPI if its in a DMP? If so do we have to do this with the DMP company (who are incredible)
    Tags: None

Re: ppi in dmp

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
    Hi ya guys,

quick question, Hubby and me have a DMP, its working so well its not funny, but hes just said to me Babe im an idiot ( I knew this he married me) I have PPI on all of them loans!!

Can he reclaim the PPI if its in a DMP? If so do we have to do this with the DMP company (who are incredible)

Hiya

Yes of course you can still make a reclaim even if on DMP, but just to make you aware that if your successful they normally refund the award towards the debt, and anything remaining plus interest should come back to you.

You do not pursue the DMP company, you will have to complain to the business that sold and set up your loan accounts.

And remember as well, the PPI is worthless if now with DMP, because your not going to be able to use it, so with the reasons you have for being mis sold, I would also make that clear to them as well.

Comment

What reasons can he use to reclain ppi?

the PPI on his cards are the reason we have a DMP in the first place, we were told we had to have PPI on the mortgage..

Comment

What reasons can he use to reclain ppi?

the PPI on his cards are the reason we have a DMP in the first place, we were told we had to have PPI on the mortgage..
        There are a number of listless reasons for being mis sold.

For example - Pressurised into taking out PPI (this appears to be the case for you) where it should have been optional.

If a pre med condition at the time of taking out the policy, - they will not pay out for a pre med condition taken out at the time of taking out the policy.

If unemployed, the policy would have been worthless to you.
        And so on.

It seems like you were forced to take out the lenders own product, where you should have had the option to say no and take out one of your choice with a stand alone provider.

Comment

ty hun, we were told that we needed the PPI to get the mortgage, and George had protection on the loans and cards he had, he never use the PPI as all our problems werent covered by it.
          We never applied for the PPI off the mortgage, we always got by. He heard somewhere we could apply for it if he didnt need it, and yes the reason he wants to do the PPI reclaim is to help pay off the DMP

Comment

ty hun, we were told that we needed the PPI to get the mortgage, and George had protection on the loans and cards he had, he never use the PPI as all our problems werent covered by it.
            We never applied for the PPI off the mortgage, we always got by. He heard somewhere we could apply for it if he didnt need it, and yes the reason he wants to do the PPI reclaim is to help pay off the DMP

Your most welcome.

In order to make a reclaim, you complete the reclaim questionnaire below, these were issued by the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) for customers to make a reclaim complaint to banks/businesses, always keep copies as well in case you need to complain to the FOS by the final decision, hopefully it will not come to that and you will be successful with a bit of luck.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

You have good reasons here, and make sure you write down all that applies, for a stronger case.

Good luck.

Comment

ty hun <3

Comment

You're in good hands with Di here, Puff. Have a read of this - there is a list of possible reasons for considering that PPI was mis-sold, and template claim letters:

PPI Notes - PLEASE READ FIRST - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Different reasons may apply to different accounts, but basically, you need to go through the list for each separate account, and see how many 'boxes' you can honestly 'tick.'

Then send in your preliminary claim letters. I always suggest that you make this letter as 'general' as possible, without quoting any specific reasons, or amounts. Wait for their response, and then focus on that.

While you're awaiting their response (and it WON'T be instant !!!) - it's a good idea to get all your data together and start to work out how much you expect to be offered in settlement. Turbo and I can help with this.

Comment

ty bill hun

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                    You're in good hands with Di here, Puff. Have a read of this - there is a list of possible reasons for considering that PPI was mis-sold, and template claim letters:

PPI Notes - PLEASE READ FIRST - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Different reasons may apply to different accounts, but basically, you need to go through the list for each separate account, and see how many 'boxes' you can honestly 'tick.'

Then send in your preliminary claim letters. I always suggest that you make this letter as 'general' as possible, without quoting any specific reasons, or amounts. Wait for their response, and then focus on that.

While you're awaiting their response (and it WON'T be instant !!!) - it's a good idea to get all your data together and start to work out how much you expect to be offered in settlement. Turbo and I can help with this.

Cheers for posting the appropriate link for Puffrose Bill, something that I failed to add myself this time lol.

Thank you. x

Comment

:bump:

Bumped so Mr R (username mrpuffrose.. so look after him guys) can print this out on his puter!

Lemme know when you done it G!

Comment

Always nice to work as a team, Di. Nice new avatar piccie, BTW !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X