• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Can somebody help me with these questions,

1 Can I claim PPI without the original paperwork?

2 Can I only claim for Loans in the last 6 years?

Thanks in Advance
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed

1. Yes
    2. No
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by superglens View Post
      Can somebody help me with these questions,

1 Can I claim PPI without the original paperwork?

2 Can I only claim for Loans in the last 6 years?

Thanks in Advance

Hi there

Yes you can still make a reclaim without the paperwork, but having the account number helps and if you know you were paying for ppi and of course have reasons for being mis sold - you can make a reclaim.

However, having the paperwork can be really helpful, for example, the calculations etc.

Many have been successful in making reclaims from accounts taken out in the 90's, also prior to that.

Let us know if you require help from here, cheers.

Comment

Hi Superglens and welcome to you.

Yes, you can make a claim for a PPI refund. As Di says, the more detail you can give the lender concerning the account(s) you are claiming from, the better. Also, if you have changed address since the original account was opened, then you may need to let the lender know. You may need to provide some ID. But there is nothing to stop you making a claim.

If the lender admits mis-selling the PPI, and makes a payment offer, then you're home and dry - but the chances are they will refute the claim - and that is where you may need paperwork. If you cannot back up your claim with evidence or proof, then the lender can say there is nothing to support the claim.

If you send the lender a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR), then it is possible that they might still have some data that you could use, but this will cost £10, and there is no guarantee that they will have anything that you can use. The older the loan, the less likely they are to have the data.

Comment

Thats great guys thankyou for your help

Comment

Your very welcome.

Do you know the procedures from here now?

If not take a look at the link below which will be a help to you and below that there is a reclaim questionnaire you can use to send your complaint (when you come to making the reclaim of the PPI), you complete and send to the business address, head office or if they have a complaints dept - of whoever set up and sold you the loan account.

Remember to keep copies for future reference as well.

If you require a template letter to request for your paperwork, called a Subject Access Request (SAR), let us know and one of us will post this up as well, if you do this you enclose the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order, and I would suggest using signed for delivery post as well.

Hope this info helps, but we are here to help otherwise, good luck.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=10645

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Comment

The other thing is if you have bank statements that show the payments you made to them that is contemporaneous data which is useful and online banking sometimes allows you to go back further.

The SAR process is useful, but usually if you phone the banks call centre they will be able to give you full details of all your accounts but don't tell them why you are asking the question simply ask for the construction of the loan including loan amount, PPI amount, duration of PPI, duration of loan and settlement date etc. you might be surprised at what information they can give you.

Good luck.

Steve

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X