• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC & SAR Response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC & SAR Response

Hi All,

Wondering if someone could advise. Over a month ago I sent off a SAR and cheque to my bankers; HSBC, I was wanting information relating to the several loans I have had with them over the years and was going to reclaim the PPI.

Got home tonight to find a letter from HSBC, saying they are sorry I want to complain, and could I complete the attached form.

The form they sent is the basic "Payment Protection Insurance Consumer Quesionairre" that can be found anywhere on the web.

They have not sent any of the information they should have under the SAR.

How do I stand ?

Is it accepted for them to deal with PPI Claims this way ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: HSBC & SAR Response

Originally posted by highwaytohell View Post
    Hi All,

Wondering if someone could advise. Over a month ago I sent off a SAR and cheque to my bankers; HSBC, I was wanting information relating to the several loans I have had with them over the years and was going to reclaim the PPI.

Got home tonight to find a letter from HSBC, saying they are sorry I want to complain, and could I complete the attached form.

The form they sent is the basic "Payment Protection Insurance Consumer Quesionairre" that can be found anywhere on the web.

How do I stand ?

Thanks

Hi there

So they guessed that you want to make a reclaim on the PPI then, even though you not mentioned anything to them as yet, because you requested a SAR?

You can with your reasons for being mis sold (and if you've not done so already put in a reclaim on the PPI).

Meanwhile, they should still send you the paperwork via SAR.

So if its way over the 40 calendar days and they have already accepted the £10 payment enclosed with the SAR, you could chase them up and tell them they've had 40 days and you're still awaiting the data of the SAR and note the payment they have already debited for this request.

Any problems in regards of the SAR, you can also contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Hope this information helps.

Comment

Wonder what they are hiding.....

They still have to answer you SAR and give you ALL the details requested.

Originally posted by highwaytohell View Post
      Hi All,

How do I stand ?

Thanks

Comment

What did they do with the £10 fee?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I need to check my bank account to see if they actually banked the £10 (Personal cheque).

Them sending me what is effect the Ombudsman form, tells me they are fishing to see how much info I have or if there is strength in my claim.

I have completed it, will send it recorded tomorrow and have commented on the bottom of it that they have NOT complied with my SAR and that they have a legal obligation to do so within 40 days or I could make a court request against them.

Shall see what happens now.

Thanks for your advise, very much appreciated.

Comment

I would add "40 days from original request, dated xx/yy/zz, or complaint will be made to the ICO"
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Response amended :-) thanks

Comment

Hi All,

Well today brought some further response from HSBC after I sent them a reminder :-)

Basically as you will see from the attachements, they are saying they have tipped the bank upside down and cannot find ANY of my paperwork relating to these loans ......And I find that hard to believe.

However, they go on to confirm the loans and the PPI that was added, and also add my payment statement from one of the loans.

So questions:

• The one with the statement I can calculate using the various spreadsheets around the WWW, but how am I going to calculate the one with no payment history ?

• Where do I go from here with this one, bear in mind they have already received the questionairre that is available from the Ombudsmans site.

Looking forward to the response...... Somehow this has turned a really rubbish week, into something to smile about.........strange!

HTH

Comment

Also...........

Just used one of those calculation spreadsheets, and I'm astounded (see attached), surely these figures cannot be correct?.

Before I convince myself of something thats wrong...... What would you say I am entitled to claim back ??? On the last loan mentioned in the letter!

I know the banks have been screwing us for years, but really am shocked at this spreadsheet if its correct.

Thanks

HTH

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X