• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI sucess with Smile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI sucess with Smile

My very last PPI reclaim was with Smile. I just received a letter today confirming full refund, refund of interest and 8% extra! They did not challenge my claim-it was all over in 16 weeks. Strange thing was, I had made a successful claim on the policy for an accident, so was somewhat surprised rherebwas no challenge from them. This completes all my refunds for PPI: I have a 100% sucess rate!
    Thanks!

Debtisbad
    Tags: None

Re: PPI sucess with Smile

Well done Debtisbad. though am not surprised they did not challenge give the recent high court ruling etc. as any such refusal would not be in their best interest and quite frankly stupid of them if they had refused or challenged your request for refund.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Excellent - well done you!

Comment

Wonderful news!

Well done and Congratulations!

Comment

Hi i was just wondering, i too am about to make a claim from smile and i also made a succesfull claim from them on the policy, my loan is 6 years old, i was just wondering, did you admit in your ppi claim that you made a claim at the time? just wondering if i should leave it out as they maybe dont have all the information.

Comment

Originally posted by astarcg View Post
            Hi i was just wondering, i too am about to make a claim from smile and i also made a succesfull claim from them on the policy, my loan is 6 years old, i was just wondering, did you admit in your ppi claim that you made a claim at the time? just wondering if i should leave it out as they maybe dont have all the information.

Hi there

You can still make a reclaim on the PPI even if it was successful for a claim, for example, it may have paid out for one thing and not the other.
            So basically depending on what reasons you have as well.
            The amount due would be reduced as some of the PPI was used on a successful claim, hope that makes sense.
            They will probably know and still possibly hold the record that a claim had been made, but that should not make any difference, just on the amount due, so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hi there

You can still make a reclaim on the PPI even if it was successful for a claim, for example, it may have paid out for one thing and not the other.
              So basically depending on what reasons you have as well.
              The amount due would be reduced as some of the PPI was used on a successful claim, hope that makes sense.
              They will probably know and still possibly hold the record that a claim had been made, but that should not make any difference, just on the amount due, so no worries.
              ok thanks, just to give you more of an idea, i no longer had any details of the loan but my experian showed this:
              Account type: Loan
              Started: 22/02/2005
              Current Balance: Settled
              Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £483 over 18 months
              Settled On: 02/10/2006
              File Updated for the Period to: 01/10/2006

what i do know is that i was off work for 10 weeks with two fractured feet, i successfully claimed two months payments (£483x2=£966)

i phoned smile (co-op) who put me through to the ppi claims department who helpful enough to start my claim by giving me a claim reference number and also my old loan account number i no longer had.
              they have sent me a questionnaire to fill in about my loan and why i feel i deserve a claim along with if i claimed on my ppi.

I honestly can't remember what i loaned from them 6k, 7k or 8k or what the interest rate was, maybe i should of asked during my phone call but didnt think to at the time. i just know 18 months worth of £483 means i paid back £8694.

If it looks like they will deduct £996 from what ever im owed im wondering if im wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by astarcg View Post
                No need to mention it, the question is not asked. Download the firm, it's on the right hand side.of the website login page
                Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                  My very last PPI reclaim was with Smile. I just received a letter today confirming full refund, refund of interest and 8% extra! They did not challenge my claim-it was all over in 16 weeks. Strange thing was, I had made a successful claim on the policy for an accident, so was somewhat surprised rherebwas no challenge from them. This completes all my refunds for PPI: I have a 100% sucess rate!
                  I returned the acceptance of offer form to them and it said that it takes 40 days for the payment to reach an account. In fact, the money went in about a week after they received the form.

It is refreshing to see one bank acting in this way.
                  Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

hi, just thought i would update my case with you,
                    smile have offered me £1325 which is including my added 8% but they are deducting £960 for the successful claim i made for my accident leaving the total they will pay around £350, i never admitted to the claim but seems they found the record on file from 2006, is it fair game and i should accept or should i reject and insist im owed 100%

Comment

Bad luck! They never saw mine, so I got the cake and ate it
                      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                        Bad luck! They never saw mine, so I got the cake and ate it
                        the cake is a lie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X