• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Time finance/Santander - Pre Medical Condition -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time finance/Santander - Pre Medical Condition -

Hi all

I have an ongoing problem with Santander who took over Time Retail Finance Ltd [Comet TimeCard].

I took a loan out with Time Retail in 1993, I know I had PPI on this loan as I tried to claim back in 1996 due to my illness, alas they rejected due to pre-existing condition.

I was consequently defaulted for the money, however was too ill to do anything about it.

To move forward . All I have is a few letters from them with the account number, monthly payment, loan amount outstanding (NOTHING TO PROVE I HAD PPI) though :tinysmile_cry_t:

I had another loan with my bank taken out in the same month,for £850 less and I think its safe to say that just by that it shows I must of been paying the PPI as I was with my bank and this premium was £21 a month.
    The loan with them was £4500 over 36 months. Monthly payment £194.55
    compared to the bank loan of £3650 over 36 months monthly payment £155.24

They have sent back my £10 cheque for my SAR as they state they no longer hold the information relating to the account (we all know why!!). Okay as it was 18 years ago I might not have an arguent

Anyway I decided to estimate the premium and sent my claim into them.

I have receievd a letter back, stating that as I have no documentation proving I had PPI that they won't look into it and furthermore even if I had a pre-existing condition I would have been covered for other elements . I WAS NEVER MADE AWARE!!!!. what are they talking about surely it has to be sold as a whole, not bits picked out to suit them!!!!! I have a document relating to my bankss policy. pre-existing wasn't even mentioned in their policy, so I highly doubt it was in theirs, things changed over the yeras to highlight this, but didn't back in 1993!

So what can I do:tinysmile_cry_t:

The end result will be a court claim I guess.....Can I even attempt a court claim against them without the proof of PPI and just the evidence of the laon and amount??

Any help gratefully received

Milly xxxxxxxxx
    Tags: None

Re: Time finance/Santander - Pre Medical Condition -

Milly

Have you the bank statement that shows the amount credited at time of loan arrangement?

Milly---you can't compare loans across different lenders--the interest rate might be high on one and low on the other.

Milly----you aint got any hard facts to go to court hun--+ PPI claims are best dealt via FOS unless you got a cast iron set of facts and good legal representation to argue your case (IMO)

Comment

Hiya Turboman,

I do have the bank statement showing the deposit of £4500 in my Bank Account.

Yes I know concerning court, I have no proof and will end up with costs ...its such a shame I was well and truly stitched up with that PPI

I might try another tactic as I was discussing this with a guy at Santander (would never name him to anyone there though) as off the cuff aid they do go back and could pull the details but won't

You know they wrote to me in 2003, still demanding the money and that was 10 years later!

Milly XXX

Comment

I had another loan with my bank taken out in the same month,for £850 less and I think its safe to say that just by that it shows I must of been paying the PPI as I was with my bank and this premium was £21 a month.

Wheres the £21 figure documented Milly? and what is it?

Comment

The figure was the amount per month divided by the original single premium

Milly xxx
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Sorry to confuse you TB that was the other bank loan.:tinysmile_cry_t: I had the paperwork on that one thankfully

milly x
          Last edited by millymollymoo; 29th July 2011, 18:17:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X