• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claiming against norton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claiming against norton

:tinysmile_aha_t:i have just had a response from fcsc that i have to go through norton as they sold me the loan with ppi and not picture can anybody advise me or guide me or better still has anyone won their claim for mis sold ppi
    Tags: None

Re: claiming against norton

Think it was Norton who Di had a lot of dealings with Norton---will pm her to look in

Comment

Hello there

Thanks for your message Turbo x

It was AC from over PAG who have had dealings with Norton, will have to pop back to check out her threads.

But anyway, if Norton Finance was the ones who set up and sold you the loan, then it's correct that you pursue these.
      What year did you take out the loan?

Comment

Originally posted by 3661973 View Post
        :tinysmile_aha_t:i have just had a response from fcsc that i have to go through norton as they sold me the loan with ppi and not picture can anybody advise me or guide me or better still has anyone won their claim for mis sold ppi
        Hi there,

I successfully reclaimed PPI from Norton last year, but I have to admit it was a very long and difficult process. My loan - taken out in 2006 and redeemed in 2007 - was with Swift, not Picture. I don't think I'm exagerrating when I say that Norton are notoriously hard to deal with - they won't admit to anything - and in my case sent a recording of the phone conversation selling us the PPI which they obviously believed proved it wasn't mis-sold. After getting nowhere with Norton I went to the FOS who found in my favour, but Norton refused to comply with the adjudicator's decision so it was passed to an ombudsman. Even after he too found Norton guilty of mis-selling they were still reluctant to pay out. Eventually they did so, but only after I had been on the verge of having the legally binding decision enforced through the courts

Across the forums whilst I've come across quite a few Norton mis-sold PPI victims, I've found hardly anyone else that has received their money back although I know there are a few about who are awaiting FOS decisions etc. From start to finish the process took me 17 months............which I guess is not too bad compared to some! I did get all my premiums plus interest back (as well as compensation from the FOS because Norton originally turned down my complaint), so despite the fact it won't be an easy ride it's definitely well worth pursuing!

If you can provide us with any other info about your loan we can most likely advise you further!

Good Luck and keep us posted

Nellie x

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
          Hi there,

I successfully reclaimed PPI from Norton last year, but I have to admit it was a very long and difficult process. My loan - taken out in 2006 and redeemed in 2007 - was with Swift, not Picture. I don't think I'm exagerrating when I say that Norton are notoriously hard to deal with - they won't admit to anything - and in my case sent a recording of the phone conversation selling us the PPI which they obviously believed proved it wasn't mis-sold. After getting nowhere with Norton I went to the FOS who found in my favour, but Norton refused to comply with the adjudicator's decision so it was passed to an ombudsman. Even after he too found Norton guilty of mis-selling they were still reluctant to pay out. Eventually they did so, but only after I had been on the verge of having the legally binding decision enforced through the courts

Across the forums whilst I've come across quite a few Norton mis-sold PPI victims, I've found hardly anyone else that has received their money back although I know there are a few about who are awaiting FOS decisions etc. From start to finish the process took me 17 months............which I guess is not too bad compared to some! I did get all my premiums plus interest back (as well as compensation from the FOS because Norton originally turned down my complaint), so despite the fact it won't be an easy ride it's definitely well worth pursuing!

If you can provide us with any other info about your loan we can most likely advise you further!

Good Luck and keep us posted

Nellie x

Oh yes of course, you too Nellie.:tinysmile_grin_t:, I knew there was someone else and couldn't think who lol, so thanks for posting up honey and I agree it will be well worth pursuing xx

Comment

My memory is going Di---of course it was Nellie & Any Chance, not you---lol

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              My memory is going Di---of course it was Nellie & Any Chance, not you---lol

LOL, Turbo, don't worry honey, I had to think myself, with all these reclaims I've done of my own lol, xx

Comment

thanks nellie for giving me hope,although it might take a while.I took out the loan in aug 2006 for 46000 +11477.00 ,i asked for a settlement figure in may,and they said i owed 56000,and i have already paid them 28000 in payments,and i`ve found out the ppi premium was just for 5 yrs and that`s up next month,and i still have about 16yrs left on the loan,have i been ripped off or what!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks nellie for giving me hope,although it might take a while.I took out the loan in aug 2006 for 46000 +11477.00 ,i asked for a settlement figure in may,and they said i owed 56000,and i have already paid them 28000 in payments,and i`ve found out the ppi premium was just for 5 yrs and that`s up next month,and i still have about 16yrs left on the loan,have i been ripped off or what!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

You have a good case here, with being sold one of these policies is a reclaim/complaint in itself, so personally I think you have a good case.

When they sell this product to you, they try to make it sound so good, such as you will receive a good percentage of this back if no claim have been made.

They have stopped selling this type of policy now, and only right they should stop as well!

They are extremely costly indeed, and the worse thing here is, you would continue to pay for the PPI for the life of the loan, and yet it would not protect you after the 5 years.

You do have a case here.

Comment

You're very welcome........and sorry to hear that you've been so royally ripped off :tinysmile_cry_t: To give you encouragement, my Norton PPI was for less than half of yours and I received a refund cheque for almost double that amount by the time the interest had been added!

Don't give up hope, but keep at them until you have success

Nellie x

By the way Di - did Any Chance ever get her refund from Norton? I know she was posting over on mse a while back, but don't remember ever seeing an outcome..............xxx

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                      You're very welcome........and sorry to hear that you've been so royally ripped off :tinysmile_cry_t: To give you encouragement, my Norton PPI was for less than half of yours and I received a refund cheque for almost double that amount by the time the interest had been added!

Don't give up hope, but keep at them until you have success

Nellie x

By the way Di - did Any Chance ever get her refund from Norton? I know she was posting over on mse a while back, but don't remember ever seeing an outcome..............xxx

Hi Nellie

I did leave a post over at PAG yesterday to check on this, could not find it on the winner's thread, so I assume it must still be ongoing, funny enough just this minute I have just also posted to someone else in regards of this business over at MSE.

Di
                      xx

Comment

Hi all, just to let you know I eventually have had Nortons PPI refund ....at last

Comment

Originally posted by Any Chance View Post
                          Hi all, just to let you know I eventually have had Nortons PPI refund ....at last
                          Hi Any Chance

Welcome to Legal Beagles.
                          And again Well done on your win, wonderful news that!xx

Comment

Originally posted by Any Chance View Post
                            Hi Any Chance

That's great news - very well done

Nellie (Liberty Lily on MSE) x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X