• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Loan application data - PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan application data - PPI

Whilst searching through paperwork of my (2) mid 90's loans taken out with Lloyds TSB, I also came across a loan taken out in June 2006, but the agreement for this ticks no ppi, yet the application data states Special offer loan with insurance, the payments show the same as on the agreement but its getting me wondering now if there was ppi added, its a settled loan.

I have posted the copy of the Application data on this actual 2003 loan below, please tell me what you think, thank you. Click to enlarge.
    Tags: None

Re: Loan application data - PPI

This loan was completed within 6 months, so its possible interest.

But was just confused on why the loan agreement has no ppi, yet the paperwork as above states with ins, so assumed that amount was that with loan insurance.

Comment

Was it an internet application?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Was it an internet application?

Hiya

No, have never done a loan application online with Lloyds, always done in the branch, but this is from the paperwork within the SAR.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Hiya

No, have never done a loan application online with Lloyds, always done in the branch, but this is from the paperwork within the SAR.
          Did you get Mr Iam A Pratt keying the loan and from the drop down box put the wrong thing in?

I'd check that with LTSB to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            Did you get Mr Iam A Pratt keying the loan and from the drop down box put the wrong thing in?

I'd check that with LTSB to be honest

LOL.
            I have emailed them anyway to make sure, but I do believe now it was not added even though it does say so on that amount above.

This to clear we paid - £15,870.32, within 5/6 months.
            So possibly the interest, if it went to full term then the repayments would have been = £19931.40.
            So if this was interest then - £3420.05 by working on the amount of loan £16,511.35 + £3420.05 = 19931.40. Something like that, does that make more sense perhaps?

So on working this out then looks like there was no PPI on this one, makes a change lol, so the paperwork was probably just a mistake.

Also found a calculator....
            http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...alculator.html
            Last edited by di30; 16th July 2011, 19:02:PM.

Comment

A thought came to me on the above.

On the other loans where they have refunded the ppi, as the paperwork above, it does not show the loan amount separately, but as a whole loan amount, so maybe this is where the confusion lies, so I will have to check statements just to be sure.

Comment

Di

Have you got the bank statement from inception of the loan?

Were you credited with £16,500.35?

OR (if it did have PPI ) a lesser amount which would have been the cash advance portion of the total loan (ie the PPI portion would have gone direct to the insurers)

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                  Di

Have you got the bank statement from inception of the loan?

Were you credited with £16,500.35?

OR (if it did have PPI ) a lesser amount which would have been the cash advance portion of the total loan (ie the PPI portion would have gone direct to the insurers)

Hi Turbo

I checked the date it on the statement and that is exactly the amount that went in, I remember I wanted to clear a non lloyds TSB debt of £9K and the odds. x

It does seem like odd number for a loan and not rounded off as such doesn't it do you think?

Comment

Hi Turbo

I checked the date it on the statement and that is exactly the amount that went in, I remember I wanted to clear a non lloyds TSB debt of £9K and the odds. x

It does seem like odd number for a loan and not rounded off as such doesn't it do you think?

I expect the odd pence were what was owed on the last one Di----If the total loan was for rhe amount you got credited (with no subsequent dr to insurers) it would seem that you did not have ppi

But it states.....with ins----bit odd-I agree.

Comment

I expect the odd pence were what was owed on the last one Di----If the total loan was for rhe amount you got credited (with no subsequent dr to insurers) it would seem that you did not have ppi

But it states.....with ins----bit odd-I agree.

Yeah maybe a possible error perhaps, I know we paid off Liverpool Victoria off with that new loan from Lloyds, at = £9.660.51 which came out of the bank a few days after the lloyds loan was paid in.

Lloyds loan £16,511.35 1 July and £9.660.51 for LV came out on 8 July.
                      There shows a payment on the same day of the loan in the paid out section £5,320.67 on the 1st July, don't know where that comes in though.

Comment

Yeah maybe a possible error perhaps, I know we paid off Liverpool Victoria off with that new loan from Lloyds, at = £9.660.51 which came out of the bank a few days after the lloyds loan was paid in.

There shows a payment on the same day of the loan in the paid out section £5,320.67 on the 1st July, don't know where that comes in though.
                        £5320.67 perhaps was the old loan? the rest outstanding might be left over that wasn't used. How much was actually credited to the account because most banks do loans in multiple of 500 ie 16500 or 17000. It is strange where they do it as above.

Comment

Di can you scan us the bank statement from 1-8th July so we can see ref numbers etc

Perhaps £5320 is PPI out????

Comment

Hi

Just got back now.

This loan was to cater for non lloyds debt as stated on the above paperwork, but will try to scan up the statement shortly, cheers both.
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Di can you scan us the bank statement from 1-8th July so we can see ref numbers etc

Perhaps £5320 is PPI out????

Hi Turbo

Do you mean they may have at first added it, then deducted it?
                            Sorry if I have my wired crossed here lol.
                            Last edited by di30; 17th July 2011, 18:06:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I was thinking that di-that they credit you with the lot then deduct the ppi bit to send to the insurers----can you scan or list out exactly all the ref numbers etc descriptions from 1st july to 8 th july

Hi

Just got back now.

This loan was to cater for non lloyds debt as stated on the above paperwork, but will try to scan up the statement shortly, cheers both.
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Hi Turbo

Do you mean they may have at first added it, then deducted it?
                              Sorry if I have my wired crossed here lol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X