• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim on old loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim on old loan

I would be grateful for advice. I recently wrote to Barclays about a loan I took out in 1997 to purchase a business property and repaid it in 2005. I do not have any documents apart from the loan reference number. Barclays have written back and said that they can find no ppi policy in my name and so my complaint has not been upheld. However, they are prepared to re-open my complaint if I can provide a ppi policy number or documentation. I am assuming I would have had a ppi as part of my loan as I was self employed and it seems it was standard policy at Barclays. Is my claim worth pursuing.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI claim on old loan

Hello there & welcome to LB

I would definately give it a go, and they have given you the opportunity for you to make a reclaim.

The account number of that policy would help and any other information you can rememer.

If you don't try you will never know, so do go for it.
    Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for your support DD. Do you think I should go down the SAR route first?

Comment

Originally posted by antbear View Post
        Thanks for your support DD. Do you think I should go down the SAR route first?

Your welcome.
        A SAR is useful if you have no details of the account at all, so it may be a good idea if this applies to you.

Comment

Barclays to be fair are usually pretty good at finding policies where you give them the loan account number, if they have replied like this its likely thatthe loan didnt have any insurance attached, this is further backed uo by the fact it was a business loan, many of these didnt have any insurance on anyway.

This however doesnt mean that you didnt have any other accounts with barclays which did have cover attached, if youve had other personal loans with them before then for the sake of £10 its worth going down the SAR route as Di suggests. Also many barclays customers got cross-sold a barclaycard so if had one of those worth putting in a SAR to them also.

Comment

Thank you Paul - excellent advice will do!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X