• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage ppi

Well, like the majority of us am awaiting a response from HSBC for a complaint that was put on hold in January. I have sent a letter two weeks ago and have still had no response. Really annoying now.

Anyways, this tempted me to dig out the paperwork I had on a Mortgage back in 2004 with an ex partner. The house was sold in 2007 but I kept all the paperwork, as you do when going through separation. So looking back i think we was mis sold the ppi. Why do I think this, well, in one of the letters I have which is a letter containing recomendations, there is the following statement...

I recommend :

Mortgage Repayment Protector to provide a monthly benefit to help cover your regular payments for upto 12 months in the event of unemployment, accident, or sickness.

You both protect your lifestyles with one of our income protection plans. However, you have declined to do this as you both wish to rely on you employee benefits to meet any needs in this area. Whilst neither of you can envisage being off work due to ill health or accident for a prolonged period of time, you do have needs to provide income protection in the long term. The household will rely upon both your incomes to meet expenditure, and any loss of income will have a serious effect on your ability to meet these outgoings and maintain your lifestyle, and i would strongly urge you to re-consider your thoughts with regards this area.

Would you say I have a case here? Not only do I feel even after we declined it the policy still appeared on the mortgage, but the strong urge and re-consider statement are quiet forceful in my opinion.
    Also I had at the time, and still do so, had a very good sickness cover in work that would cover me, and my ex partner worked for her father so was unlikely to loose her job.

I hate HSBC and am on a mission to cause them as much aggro as I can, as they have me.
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage ppi

A sure fire case, get that claim in straight away.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Am about to do the paper work for this. Is it still worth writing a letter or will the FOS Consumer Questioner be sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by LouieJ View Post
        Am about to do the paper work for this. Is it still worth writing a letter or will the FOS Consumer Questioner be sufficient?
        I'd always cover both bases and send both

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X