• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI HSBC vs whatnest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI HSBC vs whatnest

HSBC have responded to my PPI reclaim request, they have made a full refund offer plus interest (or have they !!!). So just as i was about to book that long overdue world cruise i actually then read the whole letter......and got to the bit about compensation for six years only. so i now have to provide them with evidence(statements) of PPi payment prior to 2005 !!!! to be able to claim the 4 years prior to this. Lucky then that i have an old filing cabinet with ALL my statements since account inception.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI HSBC vs whatnest

Lucky then that i have an old filing cabinet with ALL my statements since account inception.
    That was a very wise move, the bank will have screenshots of you whole banking history, but what you have done is saved a lot of letter writing

The bank is exercising damage limitation here but not going right back to inception and forcing you to prove beyond 6 yrs.

So great that you kept everything as so many of us do not.

Well done
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
      HSBC have responded to my PPI reclaim request, they have made a full refund offer plus interest (or have they !!!). So just as i was about to book that long overdue world cruise i actually then read the whole letter......and got to the bit about compensation for six years only. so i now have to provide them with evidence(statements) of PPi payment prior to 2005 !!!! to be able to claim the 4 years prior to this. Lucky then that i have an old filing cabinet with ALL my statements since account inception.

hi whatnest thats great, for the benefit of the new members on here, you couid also sar (subject access request) the bank though couid,nt you to get the info as i wouid have thought it was the banks responsibility to find out what the score is with regard to ppi payments dating back beyond 6 years that you have on your accounts, i hear hsbc are very tricky in this regard and will try to fob you off at every turn,as p.f says though your foresight has saved you a lot of work and a tenner.

Comment

Thanks Cappo and Pf, its not so much the tenner im concerned about more the £1600 reclaim prior to 2005 , which with the not so insignificant interest will come in very handy at the moment !!
        I sent off an SAR a while back and that is at the bank waiting for me to collect, so i will probably go and get that tomorrow.

Comment

[quote=whatnest;212653]Thanks Cappo and Pf, its not so much the tenner im concerned about more the £1600 reclaim prior to 2005 , which with the not so insignificant interest will come in very handy at the moment !!
          I sent off an SAR a while back and that is at the bank waiting for me to collect, so i will probably go and get that tomorrow.[/quote

i,ve had all this with hsbc phoned them last week got two consolidation loans for 15 and 9k i,m getting the same runaround,will get round to sarring them this week, i can,t see them rolling over, one goes back to 2003 one 2004-2005 but as you say it,s a serious lump of money isn,t it but they,ve stolen it off us so que sera sera

Comment

Cappo, Yep tell me about being given the run around....they wont send SAR stuff direct to me, i have to collect it from my branch !!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
              Cappo, Yep tell me about being given the run around....they wont send SAR stuff direct to me, i have to collect it from my branch !!!

Hi there

When you call in at your branch, you do not need to tell them what you require your details for, just tell them personal matters if they ask.

Normally though, as you will be aware they should send by generally recorded/registered post to your address by 40 days.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X