• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
    It's definitely worth going for those very early ones - I had a really early one show up on a SAR with LTSB that only referred to a loan account number, no further info at all...........Lloyds denied all knowledge of it for ages when I tried CCAing it so eventually I took it to FOS, now they've agreed to refund as a 'gesture of goodwill', lol and am just awaiting the calcs for how much it will be. Should be a good amount as I paid it for 7 years

This banks staff are not honourable at all girls are they.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
      This banks staff are not honourable at all girls are they.
      No indeed Cappo, they're certainly not :tinysmile_cry_t: I'm going to chase this today and will report back xxx

Comment

Do any of you lot have a standard enquiry letetr then for these speculative PPI claims where there is no account number, CCA and no SAR material to prove any PPI on really old finance going back 15+ years? Would be useful to see a copy if you would share it.

Comment

No TDS I don't unfortunately, with these recent ones I tried my luck by just using the account numbers found for them and sent them a copy of a few banking statements with showing the loan payments.
          But with always being sold PPI by Lloyds I taken my chance, so guess I was lucky really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
            Do any of you lot have a standard enquiry letetr then for these speculative PPI claims where there is no account number, CCA and no SAR material to prove any PPI on really old finance going back 15+ years? Would be useful to see a copy if you would share it.
            Firstly, just because a SAR doesnt show up what you want doesnt mean they dont have the info (naughty of them I know but it does happen). If finance was through a high street bank try going into your local branch and asking at the customer services desk for a print out of any accounts you have had with the bank, say need info as accountant/financial advisor requested. If they refuse then say you know the info will be on their system and insist you want to speak to the manager if not willing to provide. More often than not they will print out a list just to get rid of you, no one likes a pain in the neck, take advantage of this. This may well provide the info your looking for.

If not then I dont have a standard letter as such as each claims circumstances are slighty different but you want to be looking along the lines of:

Dear Sirs

Re: Loan Account, account number unknown, Loan amount £x, Start date xxx (year will suffice), address when loan taken out xxxx, monthly payment £X (if known).

Start by explaining that you no longer have the account number however know details surrounding the loan and recall that the loan did have cover attached. Do not go down lines of saying I know you may no longer hold information due to age as this is simply providing them with a ready made excuse, stay positive and assertive and you chances of getting what you want will increase. State you beleive you were missold cover & why you think missold using the usual points from your experience at time i,e, told had to take to be approved etc.

close by requesting redress, obviously as no sar info or cred agreement difficult to quantify value so phrase openly along the lines of - I request a full refund of any premiums paid in relation to the loan(s) detailed above along with any assocated interest. Further, in accordance with FOS guidelines I request further statutory interest at 8%.

This should have the disired effect.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
              Firstly, just because a SAR doesnt show up what you want doesnt mean they dont have the info (naughty of them I know but it does happen). If finance was through a high street bank try going into your local branch and asking at the customer services desk for a print out of any accounts you have had with the bank, say need info as accountant/financial advisor requested. If they refuse then say you know the info will be on their system and insist you want to speak to the manager if not willing to provide. More often than not they will print out a list just to get rid of you, no one likes a pain in the neck, take advantage of this. This may well provide the info your looking for.

If not then I dont have a standard letter as such as each claims circumstances are slighty different but you want to be looking along the lines of:

Dear Sirs

Re: Loan Account, account number unknown, Loan amount £x, Start date xxx (year will suffice), address when loan taken out xxxx, monthly payment £X (if known).

Start by explaining that you no longer have the account number however know details surrounding the loan and recall that the loan did have cover attached. Do not go down lines of saying I know you may no longer hold information due to age as this is simply providing them with a ready made excuse, stay positive and assertive and you chances of getting what you want will increase. State you beleive you were missold cover & why you think missold using the usual points from your experience at time i,e, told had to take to be approved etc.

close by requesting redress, obviously as no sar info or cred agreement difficult to quantify value so phrase openly along the lines of - I request a full refund of any premiums paid in relation to the loan(s) detailed above along with any assocated interest. Further, in accordance with FOS guidelines I request further statutory interest at 8%.

Good Luck.

Fantastic Paul, this is going to help me too on some older ones, cheers so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post

Dear Sirs

Good Luck.
                Good post. Very useful - Thank you.

Comment

Both refunds paid into my bank account this morning, as shown in the posted breakdown. Cheers Lloyds.:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    Both refunds paid into my bank account this morning, as shown in the posted breakdown. Cheers Lloyds.:tinysmile_grin_t:
                    Yey! Well done you!

Cakes are on you this morning then!
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    That'll be 300 chocolat eclairs and 30 Danish pastries
                    Last edited by The Debt Star; 22nd June 2011, 08:49:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                      Yey! Well done you!

Cakes are on you this morning then!
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      That'll be 300 chocolat eclairs and 30 Danish pastries

Cheers, ok on the way with pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post

Nice one Di well done you:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Oh, thank you all for your help and support on my reclaiming, reading that others made successful reclaims from older loan accounts on here helped big time.

THANK YOU ALL .

I am having trouble finding details of the 2 from 1996 and 1997 and up to now just remember the amounts etc, I am yet to contact or call into the branch in due course to see if i can get any more info out of them, shall keep you posted. x

Comment

LOL, even though this is done and dusted, I still received a letter to say about the extra time they are entitled to and that they will get back to my by the end of August the latest.
                            So it looks like they have just sent the same to everyone, with no details of who's have been resolved.

Dear

Update on progress of your Payment Protection Policy Complaint.

Following our previous letter regarding your PPI complaint, we are writing to provide you with a further update.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are unable to resolve your complaint sooner because of the rules which determine how we assess your complaint were being considered by the Court as part of the legal proceedings. Those proceedings have now ended.

I can confirm we will respond we will respond to your complaint as soon as possible and in any event by 31 August 2011 at the latest. This is in line eith the specific requirements that the FSA has published for the handling of the PPI complaints. You can find full details of the FSA's requirements on their website..........

I am sorry that I have not been able to respond fully to your complaint, but rest assured that we are working to resolve your complaint as soon as we can.
                            If you have any questions regarding this please contact us on 0845 300 5599, we will be happy to help. Lines are open between 8am to 6PM, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely
                            Customer Relations.

Comment

Sorry Di, only just caught up with this excellent news - very well done

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X