• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recommended CMC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended CMC

I have been asked by someone if there are any CMCs who do not charge upfront fees in investigating mis-sold PPI claims and who are also reputable. She has a good many old, expired credit accounts on which she may have paid PPI and doesn't have the time and energy to run claims directly herself.

Anyone any recommendations? I know CMCs are frowned upon by many posters but in this instance the person concerned really doesn't have the will to run her own complaints and wants a CMC to do this for her.
    Tags: None

Re: Recommended CMC

Sorry I do not know of any that I can recomend.

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    I have been asked by someone if there are any CMCs who do not charge upfront fees in investigating mis-sold PPI claims and who are also reputable. She has a good many old, expired credit accounts on which she may have paid PPI and doesn't have the time and energy to run claims directly herself.

Anyone any recommendations? I know CMCs are frowned upon by many posters but in this instance the person concerned really doesn't have the will to run her own complaints and wants a CMC to do this for her.

Comment

TBH don't think you are likely to get a positive response to that question, but thats only my opinion. Any CMCs asking for upfront fees should be totally ignored.
      Enaid x
      Last edited by enaid; 17th November 2010, 14:34:PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I figured
        But thought I'd ask on her behalf, as there does seem to be the odd CMC perusing the PPI forum!

Comment

Is there not a family member or relative that could assist her?
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Is there not a family member or relative that could assist her?
            Hi PF.

I guess not. She told me she has about 15 existing and closed credit accounts, including some settled mortgages, where PPI MAY have been sold. What triggered her enquiry was a random sales call from a CMC but when they sad they wanted an upfront (quote: "refundable") fee, I advised her to tell them to get lost, and that there may be a similar service that works on a contingency basis.

Comment

Worth remembering too that any CMC would command a high fee on that amount of claims and may wipe out nearly all she got back.

sigpic

Comment

Hi yeah, totally. But her view is that something is better than nothing. Maybe I can do it for her and we can split the refunds lol

Comment

As she has only just discovered that she may of been missold the policies in here favour she does have 6 yrs from point of discovery under the limitations act to claim her money.

So with that in mind she has plenty of time and maybe worth her doing one or two to get the feel of it.

If she needs help with letters and counter any arguments they throw at her as you know we are here to help with that.

I know forum user Nelliewops had a lot to do and got some fantastic results too I'm sure she will help.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Maybe I can do it for her and we can split the refunds lol

Sounds a good plan to me
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17th November 2010, 22:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your replies PF, much appreciated.
                    DS

Comment

Your very welcome DS any help you need with these just shout.

My hard drive is full with counter arguments and such like.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X