• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI -Barclays wont play ball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI -Barclays wont play ball

Hi all

I got a letter back from Barclays today returning my 1.00 back and stating as the loan was repaid and there is nothing outstanding there is no requirement for them to comply to my request.

Actually I didnt need the Credit Agreement as I have located it after I sent the letter. Any thoughts what my next step is??

Should I submit my compliant now directly to the FOS.

thankyou
    Tags: None

Re: PPI -Barclays wont play ball

What is your complaint Jaydp?

You haven't given us much information yet--& I think you have to have a "go away" letter before you go to FOS---I'll ask Marshy

Comment

Sorry Turbo,
      The claim is for PPI against a loan from Barclays. I took a loan out repaid it the following year with a another loan from them both loans they sold me PPI.

Comment

Can you post up the agreements or better still Loan Statements(edited out personal details of course) or:

Amount of Cash Loan
        Amount of PPI Loan
        Total (as a cross check)
        Mthly Payment IN TOTAL
        Date of first payment
        No of payments made
        Settlement Figures
        Refunds given
        APR %

Then we'll get you the template letter to fire off at Barclays--while me & Marshy do some background sums for you

Comment

Originally posted by jaydp View Post
          Hi all

I got a letter back from Barclays today returning my 1.00 back and stating as the loan was repaid and there is nothing outstanding there is no requirement for them to comply to my request.

Actually I didnt need the Credit Agreement as I have located it after I sent the letter. Any thoughts what my next step is??

Should I submit my compliant now directly to the FOS.

thankyou
          As Barclays quite rightly stated if you sent £1 for a copy of the agreement (in accordance with the CCA) if no debt is outstanding then they need not comply.

What sort of complaint is this? I have an idea you are on about PPI as its in the PPI thread?

If this is the case then you need to make a complaint to Barclays using the FOS questionnaire

the consumer questionnaire
          Consumers need to complete this questionnaire if they want to complain about the sale of PPI either to the business they think is responsible or to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
          The questionnaire asks the consumer for details about their circumstances at the time of the sale of the PPI – and for their recollections about what happened during the sale.
          You can download the consumer questionnaire in Word format from our website.

...giving your own reasons for why you think it was missold to you.

You then give them 8 weeks to give you their final response in the matter (either they will uphold or not and with the Judicial Review going on its highly unlikely they will answer the complaint) and if they do not uphold in your favour you are then free to take to the FOS.

Send everything by recorded delivery and keep copies for yourself.

Comment

Link don't work for me Marshy

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              What is your complaint Jaydp?

You haven't given us much information yet--& I think you have to have a "go away" letter before you go to FOS---I'll ask Marshy
              You do have to have a go away letter (LOL). I doubt that peeps are even getting them now with this review going on but still you can take to FOS if you have given them the 8 weeks required to complete their investigations or give their final response.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              Link don't work for me Marshy
              This one is better

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm
              Last edited by marshallka; 1st November 2010, 12:48:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

hi guys,

I am just starting to upload the docs requested another 5 mins or so thank you

Comment

Hi Marshy and turbo

many thanks for your assistance, I have the two agreements attached as PDF, the first loan was taken out in 2005 and the second top up was in 2006. and both repaid
                  at that time I had no mortgage and was living at home with my parents, so I did not need PPI. I would appreciate your assistance with a new letter to send of to them as they have returned the postal order of 1.00 thanks

Comment

I had a similar letter from Abbey for a PPI refund request. Of course, they said they would not repay and they also advised thst the FOS could not deal with an old account!

They will say anything to fob you off.

However, I went to the FOS. It took a few months but the FOS made Abbey refund pluis interest plus compensation!

I suggest you do the same, once Barclays state that they will not pay, write to the FOS.
                    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Cheers--got to out-will look later tonight--Marshy will look after you and

I'll send for Bill also---good at letters also

Comment

Hi Marshy and turbo

many thanks for your assistance, I have the two agreements attached as PDF, the first loan was taken out in 2005 and the second top up was in 2006. and both repaid
                        at that time I had no mortgage and was living at home with my parents, so I did not need PPI. I would appreciate your assistance with a new letter to send of to them as they have returned the postal order of 1.00 thanks
                        Hi, where you say you had no mortgage so no need for the PPI this would not be a reason for a missale. Do you have any other reasons for misselling it that you are using? Were you offered the insurance or was it conditional of the loan?

Comment

Hi Marshy. basically I was under the impression that the loan would only be agreed if there was PPI, I was sold PPI based on the fact that it would protect me from unemployment and also pay if I was ill etc, I told them that I was not a home owner and also I had a secure job at the airport and was not on a temp contract like some employees at the airport I worked at.

Comment

Hi Marshy. basically I was under the impression that the loan would only be agreed if there was PPI, I was sold PPI based on the fact that it would protect me from unemployment and also pay if I was ill etc, I told them that I was not a home owner and also I had a secure job at the airport and was not on a temp contract like some employees at the airport I worked at.
                            According to recent statstics, the FOS are upholding a very high level of PPI complaints. The key is to have a valid reason for saying that it was sold. Saying that authorising the loan was comnditional on taking out PPI would nbe a good example of mis-selling.
                            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                              According to recent statstics, the FOS are upholding a very high level of PPI complaints. The key is to have a valid reason for saying that it was sold. Saying that authorising the loan was comnditional on taking out PPI would nbe a good example of mis-selling.
                              Hi. what sort of proof do the FOS ask for though?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X