• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse PPI

Hi, hope you are all well and any advice is greatly appreciated.

My mother has various debts and I'm trying to help her sort them out.

She has a loan with black horse for 15000, which she took out just over 2 and half years ago. She has lost the original agreement and other statements.

I asked them to send me a statement of account and a settlement figure, and I got them last week. The settlement figure is 16000.

On this years statement it shows that the original amount of credit was 19000, which I guess is 4000 PPI.

She is off work at the moment with no pay, and I have been in contact many times with black horse and told them this and they still haven't sent any claim paperwork.

I don't have the original agreement, so I cant look at the terms and conditions.

The statement states an APR of 19.5%.

What I'm asking is would it be better to pay off this loan, with a loan with a better APR and go after a PPI claim

Or pursue them to honour the ppi and pay the loan till she is back in work.

Many Thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Black Horse PPI

Thanks for posting

I think Marshey or Bill better at this than me--will PM them

Comment

Originally posted by yartez View Post
      Hi, hope you are all well and any advice is greatly appreciated.

My mother has various debts and I'm trying to help her sort them out.

She has a loan with black horse for 15000, which she took out just over 2 and half years ago. She has lost the original agreement and other statements.

I asked them to send me a statement of account and a settlement figure, and I got them last week. The settlement figure is 16000.

On this years statement it shows that the original amount of credit was 19000, which I guess is 4000 PPI.

She is off work at the moment with no pay, and I have been in contact many times with black horse and told them this and they still haven't sent any claim paperwork.

I don't have the original agreement, so I cant look at the terms and conditions.

The statement states an APR of 19.5%.

What I'm asking is would it be better to pay off this loan, with a loan with a better APR and go after a PPI claim

Or pursue them to honour the ppi and pay the loan till she is back in work.

Many Thanks for any advice.
      Hi, are you wanting to make a claim on the PPI whereby you said you had asked for claim paperwork? Did you ask in a recorded delivery letter? How do you know that she definately had the PPI if you did not have agreement?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but we really need to know whether you actually want to claim on the PPI or claim the PPI was missold?

Also as regards settling the loan and getting another, with your mother being off work now then maybe she would struggle getting another lender to accept a loan application. There is also the matter of what she would be charged to settle the loan and it looks to be more than she borrowed so "does" look to include a single premium if she has made regular repayments on time to date.

Comment

yartez, if you send a Subject Access Request (SAR) then lloyds should send you a copy of the original Consumer Credit Act agreement plus other infornation like historic statements etc. If you could then post the agreement up that would be useful.

I understand that you are doing this on behalf of your mum and therefore are as much in the dark about what is going on as anyone else!

Try and get as much info as possible and post it up here.

The SAR will take 40 days and cost £10.

If you send Lloyds a CCa requesdt they have 14 days to resond with a copy of the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
          yartez, if you send a Subject Access Request (SAR) then lloyds should send you a copy of the original Consumer Credit Act agreement plus other infornation like historic statements etc. If you could then post the agreement up that would be useful.

I understand that you are doing this on behalf of your mum and therefore are as much in the dark about what is going on as anyone else!

Try and get as much info as possible and post it up here.

The SAR will take 40 days and cost £10.

If you send Lloyds a CCa requesdt they have 14 days to resond with a copy of the agreement.
          Get your Mum to sign it though-or they'll bounce it--else you'll need to enclose a signed Power of Attorney letter & they muck you about a bit then-tbh--ie put you in same bracket as a claims firm

Comment

yes thats good advice from Turbs there, Yartez.
            Look up the template letters your mother will need to send for the CCA and SAR requests.

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying quickly.

We have contacted Blackhorse regards a claim on the PPI as she is out of work and heard nothing.
              They are useless. Im paying the monthly loan and her mortgage payment at the moment for her.

Having read up that only 1 in 5 PPI claims are successful anyway, im wondering whether it would be better to go for a missold PPI, and have that taken off the loan.

She is sure that it includes PPI, and I think it was a single premium.

What I would like to know is can I still claim for missold PPI, if I have tried to make a claim against it.

Many Thanks, and would it best to send them a SAR as she has no paperwork?

Comment

Hi there

A SAR can be useful if you've no documentation at all.

Good luck on your reclaiming.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Does anybody have any idea who I send the SAR to... is it Lloyds?
                  I can't find any details for a data controller at black horse.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi

I have a wad full of lloyds address below, for the SAR the bottom one, is the one i used.

Lloyds TSB Registered Address:
                    Lloyds TSB plc
                    25 Gresham Street
                    London
                    EC2V 7HN

Copy Statement Unit
                    Lloyds TSB plc
                    Swallow House
                    10 Swallow Street
                    Birmingham
                    B1 2AL

Customer Care
                    Lloyds TSB plc
                    125 Colmore Row
                    Birmingham
                    B3 3SF

Lloyds PPI
                    Customer Care
                    Lloyds TSB Insurance
                    Tredegar Park
                    Newport
                    South Wales
                    NP10 8SB
                    Tel 0845 3005599
                    Fax 01633 468835

Lloyds Tsb Credit Card
                    Account Services
                    Sussex House,
                    1-9 Gloucester Place
                    Brighton
                    BN1 4BE

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC
                    DSAR TEAM
                    CUSTOMER SERVICES
                    RECOVERY TEAM
                    CHARLTON PLACE C57
                    ANDOVER
                    HAMPSHIRE
                    SP10 1RE

Comment

Hi Yartez.

If your Mum has attempted to claim on the PPI, and LTSB have been ignoring her, then it seems like we have one of several scenarios:-

1. There was no PPI sold with this loan, in which case we have no claim. The only way I can think of to prove this is to find - or get a copy of - the original loan agreement, via a CCA request and/or a DSAR;

2. There was PPI sold with this loan, and it was mis-sold, in which case - if you make a standard claim on this - it may jeopardize your chances of reclaiming the PPI as mis-sold. I think you may need to weigh up what you stand to gain from a standard claim, and a total PPI reclaim. At first glance, I would think that a total PPI reclaim would yield the greater return;

3. There was PPI sold with this loan, and it was NOT mis-sold. Statistically, that seems doubtful, but if LTSB were to assert that they didn't mis-sell, then their behaviour thus far (in ignoring standard PPI claim requests) won't assist them in proving that.

As DS has suggested, we need to get as much evidence as possible to prove that PPI was sold, and then take it from there. My money is on scenario #2, but we need to be able to argue the points convincingly. We also need to be able to work out some figures to give us an idea of what you would be reclaiming.

I note you have it on record that the original loan was for £19000, and have guessed at £4000 PPI. If you cannot find the original agreement, and the loan is still active, then there is no reason I can see why LTSB cannot provide a decent copy of the agreement with a CCA request. It'll cost £1.

A DSAR should yield much more data, though, so is worth considering also.

Comment

Sorry forgot to post these up earlier of Black Horse if you still require any of these, don't want to confuse matters for you.....

Black Horse
                        St William House
                        Tresillian Terrace
                        Cardiff
                        CCF10 SBH

Blackhorse
                        Holbrook house
                        116 Cockfosters Road
                        Barnet
                        Hertfordshire
                        EN4 0DY

Black Horse
                        PO Box 42,
                        Peterlee
                        County Durham
                        SR8 2YQ

Comment

Thanks everyone, will post SAR and a CCA to black horse today and see what we get back.
                          My mothers got herself into trouble with quite a few debts, and doesnt have original paperwork for any of them.

Will be sending SAR and CCA to all of them.

Thanks again

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me. Get the foundations checked out, first, mate.

Remember that a DSAR covers ALL data held on a particular 'Data Subject' (or person) - so you don't nessecelery need to send one for EVERY account - BUT you may need to send a CCA request for each account.

We can build from there upwards, then.

Comment

Thanks Bill.
                              Just about to send the letter to black horse today.
                              I used the template below, which i found on the site.
                              Is this still current, and have enough detail.

Thanks Again

Dear Sir/Madam

SAR (Subject Access Request)

Account numbers (if you know them)

I formally request that you forward me a true record of any Data held by your organisation relating to myself for any and all accounts held currently or in the past with your company. This should include, but not be limited to all transaction lists, agreements.

This request should include any Data held for more than 6 years as under the Data Protection Act there is no time limit for information requested.

If you do not hold Data for a period longer than 6 years I also request confirmation of this in writing along with your methods used for disposal of such information to comply with the Data Protection Act stating the name and contact information of your registered Data Controller and Code Compliance Officer.
                              I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days from receipt of this request in which to return to me the information requested , securely and in legible condition.

Please note that the above address is the one registered with your organisation and which you have previously found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,
                              (signature)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X