• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Upfront Single Premium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upfront Single Premium

Can't get multi quote going again so copy/paste--grrrrrr

Marshy:
    Just to add that your settlement figure looks high and it is not because of the PPI. It is because your settlement was worked using the rule of 78 which is now abolished thankfully as it produces a settlement that is only fair to the banks and not the consumer.

I make your settlement should have been £9409 and you paid £9698 so maybe you had charges included with it.... maybe you could ask that they check this and give you a breakdown.

Millie:
    What about my rebate though Turbo, which I never had?

Right--Millie--you ain't due a rebate as it wasn't an up front PPI additional loan at all

You may need to ask why your final settlement figure was so high-as Marshy points out above

Bit about various settlement methods:
    • older loans subject to older regs (can't remember date maybe pre 2005 (Marshy help me) & predominately Rule of 78 calcs which Marshy has done above
    • as above + admin fee varying between £50 to £250
    • just pay off outstanding balance
    • just pay off outstanding balance + admin fee varying between £50 to £250
    • outstanding balance + 1,2 or 3 months extra interest
    Whatever it is,its on your agreement somewhere which you signed

It may not be fair but its legal & binding

In practice however-we have found that not all lenders actually impose the maximum they can-indeed working with Laini & AnyChance , me & Bill were pleasantly surprised that Halifax only charge outstanding balance + interest to Settlement date

Firstplus also sometimes inconsistent depending if they've sussed out the level of understanding you have & how arsey you are

Right-in your case :

Using various Amortization Schedules at 9.4%-after 10 payments your outstanding balance would be in the region of £9,300-ish & monthly interest now running around £72-ish per mth

Marshy has used our usual Stewart Rule of 78 Calculator and got £9,409-ish

You have paid ££9,698-ish which is high

As Marshy says above, you could do to ask the question why your Settlement Figure was so high - but you definitely ain't due a PPI Refund lump sum.

Late Edit--do you have the "small print"?
    Last edited by Turboman; 30th October 2010, 10:57:AM. Reason: Last line added

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
      Your payments to be reclaimed are £310.50
      8% on each from date paid to 1/11/2010 = £183.79
      Total = £494.29

see here:

[ATTACH]4081[/ATTACH]
      And they offered £466 but the difference will be because time has gone by and the statutory interest has therefore increased.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Originally posted by Millie View Post
      What about my rebate though Turbo, which I never had?
      You don't have a rebate on a monthly payment as you are only charged monthly. Rebates are against single premiums and yours was not one.
      Last edited by marshallka; 30th October 2010, 11:06:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OK, Got it!

Thanks ever so much both, that has helped me immensely!!!

Cheers!
        Millie.

Comment

Re: LOST DOCUMENTS

I am in a similar situation as millie.

I closed my account with Yorkshire bank and HFC in 2001. I have definitely been mi-sold PPI however i have misplaced my loan agreement. I have requested the documents but was told the documents had been destroyed since it has been over 6 years. Is there anyway of continuing with the claim? and recovering the documents? I haven't yet tried ICO or could i write to the archives? I would really appreciate your help as i feel i am at a stand still. :tinysmile_cry_t:

MANY THANKS

Comment

Thanks guys.

This is the information from my original credit agreement
            Loan - £10,000.00
            Interest - £4,072.64
            96 Monthly instalments of - £146.59
            APR – 9.4%
            PPI - £31.05
            Total Monthly Payment - £177.64

Paid one combined payment of £177.64 each month, loan and ppi together, not seperate.
            Loan was taken out on 4th Jan 2003, made 10 payments of £177.64, then paid in full £9,698.39 on 4th Oct 2004. I had no rebate.
            When I first asked for refund, they denied PPI attached until I produced my credit agreement, then offered me £466.00.
            In their letter today they say, "please find enclosed a copy of your loan agreement which illustrates that the PPI insurance charged was a monthly premium. I hope this clarifies for you that the PPI was not an upfront single premium and therefore no further rebate is due".

Sorry, I have no idea what it covered us for.
            As your policy was paid monthly when you paid up your loan you wernt entitled to a ppi rebate as you had not paid for the full duration of the loan. In a single premium policy you pay the amount upfront and it is spread over the term of the loan. So if you pay up your loan early then you should be entitled to a proportionate rebate on your policy if it is single premium. But if you have paid monthly then you have paid for the cover that you have already had.

Hope this helps somewhat

Cheers
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            sorry please ignore above comment noticed it has already been dealt with.

Did you say you didnt know you had the policy? what proof have abbey provided to show that you opted to take the policy?
            Last edited by PPItechexp; 8th February 2011, 01:06:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OK, off to the FOS then.

Thanks for all your help.
              any news on your claim millie?(fos)

Comment

Re: LOST DOCUMENTS

Originally posted by leanna.w View Post
                I am in a similar situation as millie.

I closed my account with Yorkshire bank and HFC in 2001. I have definitely been mi-sold PPI however i have misplaced my loan agreement. I have requested the documents but was told the documents had been destroyed since it has been over 6 years. Is there anyway of continuing with the claim? and recovering the documents? I haven't yet tried ICO or could i write to the archives? I would really appreciate your help as i feel i am at a stand still. :tinysmile_cry_t:

MANY THANKS
                once you recieve a final response take your case to the fos and they will be provided with al the information th ebank can get hold of.

Cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X