• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

One Question...

When Barclays said they will settle all claims, if someone took out a Barclaycard in say 1996 and the complaint was sent in in before April 20th, are they going to pay out on this , no quibbles...?

Cheers

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Congratulations Cappo, well deserved, well done!:tinysmile_kiss_t4: xxx

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
        One Question...

When Barclays said they will settle all claims, if someone took out a Barclaycard in say 1996 and the complaint was sent in in before April 20th, are they going to pay out on this , no quibbles...?

Cheers

I hope so ! I got one of those as well

Comment

I have been advised that a letter / offer of redress is on the way to me re one of my claims for mis-sold PPI and have been mulling over what it might include........and was wondering if the following would apply ?

If a claim on a live account (credit card) was started say last September, then is up held some months down the line and the redress is calculated to be more than the balance outstanding at the outset of the claim,should any interest paid on the balance since September to date be refunded?

I am thinking it should be as if they had dealt with the claim swiftly there would have been no balance to charge interest on -Does this make sense? -

I hope so because on this particular account I will have paid circa £2k interest costs whilst they claim has been dealt with.

Has anybody else been down this route?

Matty

Comment

Well I got a letter from Barclay's saying they were "investigating" and I should hear by the 8th July.
            I also had a "cold" call from a company calling themselves "Premier Financial" ( Claims management)she hung up on me when I stopped her mid speech when I asked how much they would take out of any claim!
            DT
            xx :tinysmile_grin_t:
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
              I have been advised that a letter / offer of redress is on the way to me re one of my claims for mis-sold PPI and have been mulling over what it might include........and was wondering if the following would apply ?

If a claim on a live account (credit card) was started say last September, then is up held some months down the line and the redress is calculated to be more than the balance outstanding at the outset of the claim,should any interest paid on the balance since September to date be refunded?

I am thinking it should be as if they had dealt with the claim swiftly there would have been no balance to charge interest on -Does this make sense? -

I hope so because on this particular account I will have paid circa £2k interest costs whilst they claim has been dealt with.

Has anybody else been down this route?

Matty
              likelihood is that they'll offer simple interest since september but I suspect you would be able to argue that your "live" card was charged at a higher rate of interest since they put it on unilateral hold.
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Just seen the first of the Barlclays JR cases, decision letter received today and funds in account straight away. - Very impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                  Just seen the first of the Barlclays JR cases, decision letter received today and funds in account straight away. - Very impressed
                  Nice to hear these are starting.

Any sign of any from other major lenders as yet?

I've seen lots of Loans.co.uk uphold letters but those letters mean we are still months from people actually getting their refunds..

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                    Paul210 - so would I be correct in thinking that Barclays have without your acceptance added redress into your account. Are you certain that the redress they have paid you is correct. Are you happy that they paid it into your account rather than sending you a cheque and are you not a little surprised that they have done this without your agreement - or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                      Paul210 - so would I be correct in thinking that Barclays have without your acceptance added redress into your account. Are you certain that the redress they have paid you is correct. Are you happy that they paid it into your account rather than sending you a cheque and are you not a little surprised that they have done this without your agreement - or am I missing something?
                      Good points.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                        likelihood is that they'll offer simple interest since september but I suspect you would be able to argue that your "live" card was charged at a higher rate of interest since they put it on unilateral hold.

You were spot on.

Revised offer received today including return of all PPI premiums going back to 1990 + simple interest only.
                        They have not however refunded interest charged in relation to the PPI premiums - After a debate about this on another thread I really dont know what to do with this now......will give 'em a rig tomorrow and discuss my concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                          You were spot on.

Revised offer received today including return of all PPI premiums going back to 1990 + simple interest only.
                          They have not however refunded interest charged in relation to the PPI premiums - After a debate about this on another thread I really dont know what to do with this now......will give 'em a rig tomorrow and discuss my concerns.

Well done Matt.,

Hope these interest issues get resolved on the phone tomorrow, good luck.

Comment

In my case HSBC paid my PPI (£4500) into my current account, but one of my others (NW £200) paid it into my credit card account.

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
                              In my case HSBC paid my PPI (£4500) into my current account, but one of my others (NW £200) paid it into my credit card account.

Nice one !

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                                Barclays regularly process these without any acceptance.

To be fair to them they provide a clear breakdown and seem to be in line with FOS guidance with all their redress payments.

However, if you do disagree you can go to the FOS as you didn't accept the offer and can keep hold of the part of the redress they have already paid you whilst chasing for the remainder.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X