• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Got another letter from the adjudicator today, still no "evidence" from Crapot and he says that they say that the assignment is between them and the oc an that I am not entitled to see it and they have no record of the original deed just the "representation" they sent him,
    Still get the impression he is not a happy bunny about me asking it to go to the Ombudsman or that i wrote to OC asking for clarity on a statement that was mad verbally that it was "charged off"
    Seems to have turned form a simple miss selling claim into a enforceable debt complaint but still going to gave it a go!
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      Excellent! That's cheered me up.

Yes defo give it a go TDS, I am on little information I have, but the way I look at it is if we don't try we will never know. Good luck.

Comment

Caroline Wayman, Principal Ombudsman, discussed the Ombudsman's approach to PPI complaints in a presentation at Westminster and City's annual conference on protection and creditor insurance.
        http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...encejune11.pdf

Tony Boorman, principal ombudsman, speaks at the BBA's complaints-handling seminar.
        PPI, mass detriment, root causes and next steps …

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Yes defo give it a go TDS, I am on little information I have, but the way I look at it is if we don't try we will never know. Good luck.
          absolutely Di. I also think we should make mass complaints to the independent assessor if the FOS refuse to dig around and ask the lenders for documentary proof on our behalf, viz a viz your Hamilton/HFC thread.

Like the picture BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            There is a rumour and I can't confirm this at the moment, that Lloyds may announce next week that they will settle ALL claims up to May 5th on a similar basis to Barclays as simply to clear the backload of claims and to be able to hit the deadline of the end of August for such claims. As I said, there is no confirmation of this but I am lead to believe that an announcement is imminent possibly next week.
            Thanks for that leclerc - hopefully the rumour will come to pass

I emailed both my adjudicator and LTSB on Friday morning to try to get an update on my complaint and neither replied by close of business..........hopefully there will be some news tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              absolutely Di. I also think we should make mass complaints to the independent assessor if the FOS refuse to dig around and ask the lenders for documentary proof on our behalf, viz a viz your Hamilton/HFC thread.

Like the picture BTW.
              Agreed, we would need to make a standard template letter or even a petition.
              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

You can make a complaint to the service review team at the FOS, If enough of you do that they will have to do something as well as look into your individual complaint.

Regards
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  You can make a complaint to the service review team at the FOS, If enough of you do that they will have to do something as well as look into your individual complaint.

Regards
                  Is that a tier lower than the independent assessor then PF? And the service review team look into individual cases as well. That's good. Have you any experience of this and how it operates? ie are they genuinely reviewing cases?

Comment

Yes I used them a couple of times because the adjudicator kept phoning me when on many occasions I asked for communication in writing.

The Service Review Team can look into a complaint about the FOS regarding you claim whilst the investigation is ongoing where as the independent assessor can only look at it when the claim is closed.

As for are they genuinely reviewing cases that's a hard one to call, although in my claim that was the case.

Regards
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Answers the question. Thanks PF.

Comment

BBC News - PPI: consumers warned over firms charging fees to lodge claims

Interesting on CMC
                        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

now got £675.00 on a 16 year old loan ppi repayment guys,hopefully the first of many (LTSB)

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                            now got £675.00 on a 16 year old loan ppi repayment guys,hopefully the first of many (LTSB)
                            Excellent work Cappo - anything that involves making LTSB cough up gets my approval! Good luck with the others!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by cappo

Well done Cappo,keep at them

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                There is a rumour and I can't confirm this at the moment, that Lloyds may announce next week that they will settle ALL claims up to May 5th on a similar basis to Barclays as simply to clear the backload of claims and to be able to hit the deadline of the end of August for such claims. As I said, there is no confirmation of this but I am lead to believe that an announcement is imminent possibly next week.

This would be superb if true..

Its like waking up every morning and finding a piece of coal, then another piece of coal , then another....then one morning waking up and finding a big chunk of chocolate in your stocking

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X