• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Request for more info or do offers come this way?

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

HSBC have just confirmed that no complaints held due to JR have been looked at yet, they are apparently still awaiting further guidance, cant give an idea when might be looked at, would simply state a letter regarding timescales expected to be issued to all effected complaints in a few weeks.

I note HSBC are not one of the banks to be granted an extension by the FSA, does this mean they will now be fined for their continued failure to deal with complaints???
      Forgive me if I don't hold my breath....

Is even more ridiculous given its approx 2 months since JR decision and over a month since confirmed not appealing.

Comment

after 8 weeks are up then FOS it and complain to the FSA that you've been told they haven't even looked at the complaint.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          after 8 weeks are up then FOS it and complain to the FSA that you've been told they haven't even looked at the complaint.
          My main concern is that FOS will take 10 time longer to get finalised than even HSBC's deliberately slow actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
            HSBC have just confirmed that no complaints held due to JR have been looked at yet, they are apparently still awaiting further guidance, cant give an idea when might be looked at, would simply state a letter regarding timescales expected to be issued to all effected complaints in a few weeks.

I note HSBC are not one of the banks to be granted an extension by the FSA, does this mean they will now be fined for their continued failure to deal with complaints???

Is even more ridiculous given its approx 2 months since JR decision and over a month since confirmed not appealing.
            Have spoke to HBOS and also Blackhorse today both have advised that they can't start working on the JR complaints until they have there procedures in place seemingly HBOS said that there procedures are being tested just now and expects them to be signed off(whatever that means) very shortly so that they can start working on the complaints another holding method i think form the Lloyds Banking Group.

Comment

My main concern is that FOS will take 10 time longer to get finalised than even HSBC's deliberately slow actions.
              Nothing changes then?
              Prior to the JR many firms were passing the buck onto the FOS, rather than dealing with the PPI complaints themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                Nothing changes then?
                Prior to the JR many firms were passing the buck onto the FOS, rather than dealing with the PPI complaints themselves.
                they probably figured that the money they saved on having a scaled down complaints operation coupled with the saving on redress for everyone who didnt bother going to FOS it made it worthwhile paying the case fees on the ones that did.

Comment

they probably figured that the money they saved on having a scaled down complaints operation coupled with the saving on redress for everyone who didnt bother going to FOS it made it worthwhile paying the case fees on the ones that did.
                  They also knew full well, at that time, the FOS wouldn't look at pre 2005 PPI complaints!

Far too many of these firms passed the buck to the FOS when the complaints could have been dealt with in-house.

About time, that firms started to treat their customers fairly!

Comment

As regards to HSBC that is total bullwarks as the procedures are in place its called FSA PS10/12.

Seems they are still not implementing them.
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      As regards to HSBC that is total bullwarks as the procedures are in place its called FSA PS10/12.

Seems they are still not implementing them.

"How long will it take you to resolve my complaint?
                      We are doing our best to resolve all complaints we receive as soon as we can. We have already started the process for complaints already lodged with us but please be aware there may still be a delay before you hear from us. We will be writing to customers with existing complaints to provide them with an update as quickly as possible. If you have any questions please contact us at the address above/below."

Payment Protection Insurance | HSBC Bank UK

HSBC have 8 weeks as they did not get an extension to complaint handling processes that other banks did get,

Comment

Scrap what I've said about HSBC. Have spoken to the FOS just now and they have said providing you have evidence that they have gone over the 8 weeks period from RECEIPT of the complaint then you can take it to them.
                        You need to provide evidence of this, so acknowledgement letter will be fine.
                        You need an FOS questionnaire plus their complaints form.

I misread one thing with regards to Lloyds, RBS etc, with the extension thingy.
                        For NatWest/RBS it is 16 weeks from complaints received after April 20th
                        For Lloyds it is 16 weeks from complaints received after 5th May 2011

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                          Scrap what I've said about HSBC. Have spoken to the FOS just now and they have said providing you have evidence that they have gone over the 8 weeks period from RECEIPT of the complaint then you can take it to them.
                          You need to provide evidence of this, so acknowledgement letter will be fine.
                          You need an FOS questionnaire plus their complaints form.

I misread one thing with regards to Lloyds, RBS etc, with the extension thingy.
                          For NatWest/RBS it is 16 weeks from complaints received after April 20th
                          For Lloyds it is 16 weeks from complaints received after 5th May 2011
                          But wouldnt the wait for the FOS to deal with it take longer?

Comment

Originally posted by LouieJ View Post
                            But wouldnt the wait for the FOS to deal with it take longer?
                            To be honest, it's up to you IF you want to wait, IF you want to go to the FOS and wait or IF you want to do anything. The options are merely on the table for each individual who reads the thread to decide which option they prefer but yes it is likely to take longer but not all of us have patience, no doubt.

Comment

I don't get the bit about the FOS not looking at pre-2005 mis-selling as they have dealt with ones from as far back as 1996 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                                I don't get the bit about the FOS not looking at pre-2005 mis-selling as they have dealt with ones from as far back as 1996 for me.
                                My comment related to when the FSA took over the Regulation of PPI (general insurance) from the GISC:
                                General insurance regulation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X