• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
    As are Goldfish and Egg Cards.
    Noting on the Egg site.
    Good point maybe we should do a list of which cards are with whom, no good people thinking they haven't got a claim by not knowing there card is part of one of the main banks.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Information | Egg
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Barclays buys troubled Goldfish as US firm says the UK is too tough | Business | The Guardian

Discover Financial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Good point maybe we should do a list of which cards are with whom, no good people thinking they haven't got a claim by not knowing there card is part of one of the main banks.
      Absolutely!
      Last edited by Angry Cat; 13th June 2011, 12:31:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I will start the list:

First Plus
        Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
        Morgan Stanley
        Goldfish
        Egg Card

Comment

Just spoke to first plus and they confirmed same basis as Barclays with dates and everything

Comment

According to the FT, Barclays' complainants ''will be compensated the full amount they paid for their premium, plus interest at 8 per cent.''

FT.com / Insurance - Barclays to repay PPI with “no questions askedâ€

Comment

I am reclaiming the premiums plus the interest that accrued on same.

Comment

Barclays to settle PPI claims 'no questions asked' | Money | guardian.co.uk

Comment

It beggars belief doesn't it? The lenders totall ignore the FSA by putting claims on hold, the FSA do sweet nothing about it.
                  Now because of this they have a backlog and the FSA bow down to them once again and extend the time from 8wks to 16 weeks.
                  For Christ's sake FSA pick your balls up off the floor and start getting some teeth with these lenders. You make yourself look stupid.

Comment

Spoke to HBOS 10 minutes ago and the guy advised they are still waiting for there internal processes to be clarified as these are still being tested no JR complaints have been dealt with as yet.

Comment

Anyone hear what RBS stance on the " no quibble" announcement from Barclays?
                      They usually follow others and rarely take the initiative them selves.

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                        Anyone hear what RBS stance on the " no quibble" announcement from Barclays?
                        They usually follow others and rarely take the initiative them selves.
                        Barclays followed Lloyds, initially.

Now, Barclays take the lead.

However:
                        PPI complaint extension granted to Barclays, Lloyds and RBS - June - 2011 - Which? News

No doubt, the bailed-out Royal Bank will be the last to follow Barclays example, no surprises there, then!

What about the rest of the motley crew; USA Banks in particular?
                        FSA forced to act as banks are deluged by PPI claims | Business

The bank will write to everyone who made a claim before the April cut-off offering a settlement which if customers accept should mean they will receive a cheque by the end of August. The average payout across the banking industry is reckoned to be £2800.
                        Last edited by Angry Cat; 13th June 2011, 16:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think some deals are being done in the background. A friend who works for one of the big four told me that they have done nothing so far, as they are in complete disarray. The FSA in my mind is doing exactly what I would expect a regulatory authority to do, and they really have made a statement about getting some timings to stick to. I suspect this whole process won't be finished until next year! Imagine the predicament if they had appealed?

I think the statement from Barclays is astounding and it would be a brave bank not to follow suit.

The odd one out is MBNA as they are not even co-operating with the FOS which is a bit weird!

I think the FSA is getting realistic which in my mind is a good thing!

Comment

Hello beautiful boys and beautiful girls!

I am indeed smiling from ear to ear!

For those of you that read my previous post will know that I have had pending complaints with both FirstPlus/Barclays and MBNA since October last year.

Started to e-mail the CEO of both companies recently and the wheels did begin to turn.

The decision from Barclays today is of course awesome. Much as I hate the way they have treated me and other tweeps the last few months, I do have to commend them for their decision today. Still hate them, just not as much. LoL!

So all in all hopefully the complaint with Barclays will now finally be sorted sooner rather than later. Don't think my e-mailing to the CEO at Barclays had anything at all to do with this decision however I like to think I had a little tiny input. LoL!

With regards to MBNA. Been e-mailing and having phone conversations with a senior manager within the CEO the last 10 days and he did assure me he would try and get me information of substance about the complaints. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect the letter (which is now below my pillow) I received on Friday....(it's good news, don't worry tweeps)

And believe it or believe it not it is actually signed with an actual pen (I know it's real pen caused I wet my finger and smudged it LoL) by no other than the infamous figure of Gail Powell (Vice President).

The letter is quite a long letter explaining why the complaints were on hold and how sorry they were for the delays.

I haven't a scanner handy so I will just type word for word the most important two paragraphs-

'Please accept this letter as confirmation that the complaint you made has been upheld in your favour and we will be issuing a full refund for all accounts listed. These refunds will be inclusive of all PPI premiums charged, the associated interest charged on these premiums and 8% credit balance interest.

We will use FSA and FOS guidance to calculate exactly what your refund will be and this will be completed within 4 weeks. I cannot give you a specific date when this will be done, but rest assured that we are making all available efforts to ensure that every complaint that has been affected by the judicial review is resolved without any further delay.'

It got me horny!

That is 5 loan accounts over a period of 10 years! The loans range from £2500 to I think £20000!

As there is five accounts will they refund each one separately or would they credit one lump sum for all the accounts?

Once again guys and girls I can't think you all enough for the advice and comments you have all given to me the last few months. It really is appreciated from the bottom of my heart! A big special thank you (again) to all the guys and girls who supplied the absolutely invaluable information during the Judicial Review. And another special thank you for the tweeps that run the site and keep it active.

Hopefully once the green stuff starts to grace the bank account, I will have absolutely no hesitation in making a donation to this site! Because without it there would be a lot of lost little souls in the land!

Comment

Lol soapy - well done mate!!
                              Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                              Barclays followed Lloyds, initially.

Now, Barclays take the lead.

However:
                              PPI complaint extension granted to Barclays, Lloyds and RBS - June - 2011 - Which? News

No doubt, the bailed-out Royal Bank will be the last to follow Barclays example, no surprises there, then!

What about the rest of the motley crew; USA Banks in particular?
                              FSA forced to act as banks are deluged by PPI claims | Business

USA banks really dont give one.....they think they are above our laws and will be as obstreperous as they can be.
                              As I am experiencing.

Matty
                              Last edited by MattyA; 13th June 2011, 21:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well done soapy. The dam is now starting to burst.
                                Hopefully!:tongue2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X