• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

I think RBS are being reasonable at their self imposed 75% target and admire their honesty on their first report saying that they had only reached a 58% satisfaction with their complaints handling. It shows that they are looking at it as an area where improv ement is needed.
    My issue is that if this is a highlighted area of shortfall from their targets why have they not paid more attention to updating people whose complaints are on hold or with the FOS.
    Since May 8th i have heard nothing ,not even a bog standard " we will deal with in due course but there is a backlog"!

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      You will NEVER get 100% satisfaction from a customer base. There is no such thing as a perfect score. If you read opinions from people about products on any site, it is impossible to find a 100% score. It's unrealistic to get 100% of customers satisfied.

It would be nice though just for a change would'nt it.

Comment

Have you any news soapy?

Comment

Hi guys and girls,

I is a little bored so thought I'd write something.

Firstly for any tweeps that are even contemplating using a Claims Management Company-DON'T! Quite simply do not use ANY Claims Management Companies. Regardless how good they claim they are or how how good their reputation is, please do not use them. Even if they don't charge an upfront fee or if they only take 10% of any monies they win for you, do not even be tempted to use them.

Apart from the fact they WILL take a certain percentage of any monies they get for you, they can not and will not make your claim go any quicker if you do the simple work yourself.

I have made PPI claims in the past using both a CMC and doing it myself. There is as much if not more paperwork to be filled in for a CMC to pursue your claim as there would be if you were going to complain directly to the bank.

Again and I can promise you this, you WILL use as much time and energy if not more chasing your CMC for updates as you would chasing up the banks if you complain directly to them. The only difference is the bank won't be taking a percentage of your any monies refunded to you.

Think of it like this if you use a CMC. You call your CMC for an update, they say we'll have to phone the bank. So your CMC then calls the bank gets the update or to be told they'll get back to them. You phone CMC back for update they either tell you what they know or they tell you they are waiting for bank to call back. Bank calls the CMC back with update. The CMC then has to call you just to repeat what the bank has told them!

If you do the work yourself. You call bank and ask for an update. You either get it there and then or wait a few hours and call back for it. Simples.

A CMC can't, won't and don't do anything for you that you can't do yourself.

No matter how hard or how difficult you think it is to do the work yourself, if your browsing on this site, then your home on a bloody boat!

The CMC I used was called 'The Claims Guys'. And they were indeed absolutely 100% useless! However once you sign those forms, they own you! It took 'The Claims Guys' 2 months after the bank had sent the refund cheque to them for them to then send out my refund. This was just one of many problems I had with them.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by cappo View Post
          Have you any news soapy?
          Gonna write an update in a bit Cappo!
          Last edited by SoapyBubbles; 6th June 2011, 14:24:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
            Thanks EXC for that..

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf

The section in appendix 2 of that handbook is fascinating , how they should work out the ppi redress etc .. never realised it was done that way..

Wonder if there are any spreadsheets available on line to calculate my redress if I ever get it to double check how they arrived at their figures..

Bet if people ever checked the offers via this document, they would find that bank have settled incorrectly...
            Oddly enough I came across this outfit - kind of a claims management company but for banks - who are flogging a 'PPI Calculator' that calculates the amount of redress owed to a complainant at the press of a button.

I wonder if they filched it from Turbo?

PPI

PPI Calculator

Comment

Agree with the CMC rant! I am using one and wish i was not!
              I phoned to ask about my 5 claims and they said i only had four. i found out which claim they had "lost" and fill it in and posted myself. Damn simple. Wish i knew a year ago what i know now thanks to legal beagle!

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                Since May 8th i have heard nothing ,not even a bog standard " we will deal with in due course but there is a backlog"!
                I have just called them again and have been told that claims are still on hold. Apparently they have got to reassess all of the claims that were on hold whilst they were waiting for the Judicial Review and it's outcome and that this process should take around 8 weeks.

I helpfully suggested that maybe they could have done that whilst the claims were on hold before the outcome and they were doing nothing or perhaps they didn't they think they'd lose.

The guy on the end of the phone laughed at me

Comment

Sent off forms obtained on line, two to Bank of Scotland one to Barclay Card!!
                  When I phoned Barclay the "customer assistant" did not appear to have any knowledge of the judements and directed me to the claims dept in Dublin who were equly unhelpful checked the web site and form was the same asl one I have so that is also now on its way!
                  Wish me luck and the same to every one else.
                  xxx
                  DT:doggieyes:
                  Last edited by dogtired; 7th June 2011, 09:25:AM. Reason: spelling!
                  Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Good luck!
                    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Good luck from me too.

Comment

and me!
                        I have self posted one on 1st June and will be interested to see if new one is settled before the old ones that have been with FOS since Dec10!

Comment

Not many doormats being overloaded with letter yet it seems..

All gone quiet on here for last couple of days..

Next week or two hopefully will show some significant movements on these claims...

Its been a long battle but signs are, might have been worth the struggle

Comment

It has also been noted that DCA's are still pursuing consumers, whose alleged debts include mis-sold PPI!

Comment

mate of mine got something like that.. 10000 loan with abbey, 2500 ppi... he has paid about 14000 k so far but ran into trouble with loan.. they want total 18000 k by end of term.. if no ppi on it he would have paid it all by now..

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
                                mate of mine got something like that.. 10000 loan with abbey, 2500 ppi... he has paid about 14000 k so far but ran into trouble with loan.. they want total 18000 k by end of term.. if no ppi on it he would have paid it all by now..
                                That's been my story with Egg. Except in my case the loan with the PPI was consolidated into a second loan with no PPI, but Egg had capitalised the PPI element in the first loan! So I've been paying for something I've derived no benefit from. FOS have told Egg to cough up but they are still refusing to pay out everything. FOS are like a wet paper bag - useless.
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                                It has also been noted that DCA's are still pursuing consumers, whose alleged debts include mis-sold PPI!
                                Indeed, I can vouch for that. Also, what about the data on the CRAs? All those defaults and late payment markers for sums that are proved to be for the wrong amounts due to mis-sold PPI?
                                Last edited by The Debt Star; 8th June 2011, 14:17:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X