• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Just had my PPi refund from MBNA £912.86 plus interest associated with the PPI premiums £17.70 plus 8% interest £61.73 total £992.29 this takes into account a previous PPI refund of £1.31 The total amount will be applied to the outstanding balance on my account

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Progress??
      Letter received from HSBC today in response to my complaint re PPI on an old loan account & on my credit card account.
      Loan was going back to 1992 - they say even though I have sent them a copy of the original loan agreement they are unable to determine when the loan was satisfied and therefore are unable to calculate the premiums paid and redress due.

Derrr - it was for 60 months as per agreement I sent to them!
      They say I need to prove with bank statements when the loan ended.
      Fortunatley I have kept most of the staements so will be digging through them later.
      Surely it is unreasonable for them to expect me to produce copies of bank statements proving when the last payment went out?
      Also the PPI was fron t loaded - so would it even matter?

Credit card
      They have offered to repay all premiums paid between 2005 to 2010 - as this is the period for which they must keep records.
      They also offer to pay interest - which appears to be simple interest,slippery so n so's have neglected to include the interest added to the ppi premiums applied to my account each month.
      The amount offered is half what it should be for the period and a sixth of what I calculate it should be,including CI added to the premiums ,for the period 1990 -2010 ( I have most of the statements to back up).

I have been here before with Amex who refused to refund the interest they applied to the PPI premiums and that is now with an Ombudsman - or at least on the waiting list / pile.

Will give HSBC a bell on Monday & see what they have to say.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post
        Just had my PPi refund from MBNA £912.86 plus interest associated with the PPI premiums £17.70 plus 8% interest £61.73 total £992.29 this takes into account a previous PPI refund of £1.31 The total amount will be applied to the outstanding balance on my account

well done:tea:

Comment

Thanks Cappo, hope all is well with you

Comment

Thanks Cappo, hope all is well with you

It is Leuc and thanks for asking,All the best,enjoy your Win.

Comment

Brilliant, Well done hun! x

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                Progress??
                Letter received from HSBC today in response to my complaint re PPI on an old loan account & on my credit card account.
                Loan was going back to 1992 - they say even though I have sent them a copy of the original loan agreement they are unable to determine when the loan was satisfied and therefore are unable to calculate the premiums paid and redress due.

Derrr - it was for 60 months as per agreement I sent to them!
                They say I need to prove with bank statements when the loan ended.
                Fortunatley I have kept most of the staements so will be digging through them later.
                Surely it is unreasonable for them to expect me to produce copies of bank statements proving when the last payment went out?
                Also the PPI was fron t loaded - so would it even matter?

Credit card
                They have offered to repay all premiums paid between 2005 to 2010 - as this is the period for which they must keep records.
                They also offer to pay interest - which appears to be simple interest,slippery so n so's have neglected to include the interest added to the ppi premiums applied to my account each month.
                The amount offered is half what it should be for the period and a sixth of what I calculate it should be,including CI added to the premiums ,for the period 1990 -2010 ( I have most of the statements to back up).

I have been here before with Amex who refused to refund the interest they applied to the PPI premiums and that is now with an Ombudsman - or at least on the waiting list / pile.

Will give HSBC a bell on Monday & see what they have to say.

Matty

Matty

I have the CEO address for HSBC if you don't already have this, let me knos and good luck.

Comment

Any letters on any of your reclaims in the post today folks?

Comment

not a sausage from RBS ! The Bank who care about customers

CUSTOMER CHARTER
                    Last June, we made a very public commitment to become a better bank for our customers and launched our Customer Charter - a set of 14 long term promises based on what you told us was important. To show we're taking this seriously and to be transparent, we promised to share progress along the way.
                    12. We will resolve customer complaints fairly, consistently, and promptly

We are aiming for 75% of customers to be satisfied with the way their complaint has been handled.

13. Twice a year we will publish the most common areas of complaint

And we'll strive to address the causes.

14. We will actively seek your thoughts and suggestions on how we can become more helpful

We will launch a new Customer Listening Programme to ensure all our staff, including Executives, can hear first hand about the needs and frustrations of our customers.

They dont want my suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                      not a sausage from RBS ! The Bank who care about customers

CUSTOMER CHARTER
                      Last June, we made a very public commitment to become a better bank for our customers and launched our Customer Charter - a set of 14 long term promises based on what you told us was important. To show we're taking this seriously and to be transparent, we promised to share progress along the way.
                      12. We will resolve customer complaints fairly, consistently, and promptly

We are aiming for 75% of customers to be satisfied with the way their complaint has been handled.

13. Twice a year we will publish the most common areas of complaint

And we'll strive to address the causes.

14. We will actively seek your thoughts and suggestions on how we can become more helpful

We will launch a new Customer Listening Programme to ensure all our staff, including Executives, can hear first hand about the needs and frustrations of our customers.

They dont want my suggestions!

Why not 100% of customers,75% customer satisfaction is not great is it?

Comment

Twice a year we will publish the most common areas of complaint

That is not by there choice, they where forced to by the FSA/FOS and had no choice in the matter.
                        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          That is not by there choice, they where forced to by the FSA/FOS and had no choice in the matter.
                          [/COLOR][/LEFT]
                          They weren't and this is about the Customer Charter and not complaints data. The FSA does not comply RBS/NatWest to publish anything about their own Customer Charter.
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Any further feedback from yours yet Leclerc?

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                              Why not 100% of customers,75% customer satisfaction is not great is it?
                              You will NEVER get 100% satisfaction from a customer base. There is no such thing as a perfect score. If you read opinions from people about products on any site, it is impossible to find a 100% score. It's unrealistic to get 100% of customers satisfied.
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Just got off the phone to HSBC. I was told that all Credit card PPI are handled at Bristol and all Loan PPI is being handled at Southampton on 02380723838.

The guy in Southampton took all of ten seconds to find my complaint but said because my complaint is a "JR" complaint, as he put it, that they are now revisting them complaints and dealing with them but he couldnt give me a time. He said they are going to send letters out letting people know this?? In other words, your complaint is on hold for even longer and we'll send you a letter to tell you this. He couldnt even tell me when I would get this letter. But either way thats not the letter I want to receive.

The fact he called it a "JR" complaint indicates that they have seperated these complaints into their own little group. And when he said re-visit, makes me think they honestly must have thought they were going to win the case and the only preparation they had done for the cases on hold were probably letters of rejection.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X