• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Cheers AC.
    I understand if my complaint is rejected by the Adjudicator who makes the decision, they should make it clear about having my case reviewed by an Ombudsman, but I didn't realise the Adjudicator in regard of his letter he drafted in regards of his opinion on a complaint would have to be checked by a senior colleague before they send the decision or update out.
    So basically do you think he may be saying an ombudsman is already looking at this?

Sorry just finding it a little confusing lol.
    My view is that if he was going to give it to an Ombudsman he would have said so rather than using the term ''senior colleague''. It could be that your adjudicator is relatively inexperienced or a temp agency employee drafted in to do the donkey work to help out with the backlog so I wouldn't been too concerned at this point.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Thanks folks.

I was thinking allsorts as well, stalling tactics, because I was told 2 weeks ago the letter was on its way at first (which is another reason why I asked them to send by email because it never arrived). In-fact when I emailed him because the letter didn't arrive, he got back and stated he could not recall on when he emailed/spoked to us last, so I reminded him it was the week earlier and resent a copy of his email which said about the letter being sent out.

Then last week I was told he was currently in the middle of drafting the letter and it should be received after the bank holiday, which again is why I chased up because it never arrived, then he said he will send by email once its checked by his senior colleague.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

If his name is anything to go by he is a young one - if you can take names into account lol. So maybe he is not as experienced and requires his work to be checked before being sent out.

Hoping it will be today anyway.

Comment

Thank you PF.

It is a difficult one really, complexed as well and not holding any hope, so keeping an open mind.
        I will do that though if my case is refused, cheers for that.

Keep the faith my woman you might just be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Apparently the Adjudicator's letter was completed last Friday. (A week tomorrow). No emails from him up to now though.

Comment

I wonder if Hamilton's have contested the FOS decision before the letter to you was sent out and now there is further hold ups causing the adjudicator to run around like a headless chicken.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Police in Watford are involved in a stand-off at a bank where a man claims to have a bomb strapped to his body (he want's his ppi now) ha ha

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...l-2282085.html

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  I wonder if Hamilton's have contested the FOS decision before the letter to you was sent out and now there is further hold ups causing the adjudicator to run around like a headless chicken.

That's a possibility PF, considering I was first told 2 weeks ago a letter was on its way, then to be told he was drafting and completing this last Friday, and of course for it to be checked by someone more senior as well.......hmmm maybe.

This below is the email received on the 16 of May, so that's 3 weeks or so then not 2.....

Dear Mr & Mrs *****

Thank you for your email.

The next update is due to be sent out to you late this week or early next week.

If you have any queries on receipt of this update, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

M
                  Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                  South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020 796 40668 | F: 020 796 40669 |
                  E: m

AND EMAIL RECEIVED YESTERDAY (THE SAME POSTED ON MY HAMILTON THREAD).

Dear Mrs

I have no problems with sending the letter to you and your husband by email. The letter containing my opinion has been drafted and is currently being checked by a senior colleague before I send it out to you and Mr *****.

I will send it to you by email as soon as it has been checked and cleared to send.

Yours sincerely

M
                  South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London |

Last edited by di30; 2nd June 2011, 12:48:PM.

Comment

That's a possibility PF, considering I was first told 2 weeks ago a letter was on its way, then to be told he was drafting and completing this last Friday, and of course for it to be checked by someone more senior as well.......hmmm maybe.

This below is the email received on the 16 of May, so that's 3 weeks or so then not 2.....

Dear Mr & Mrs *****

Thank you for your email.

The next update is due to be sent out to you late this week or early next week.

If you have any queries on receipt of this update, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

M
                    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020 796 40668 | F: 020 796 40669 |
                    E: m

AND EMAIL RECEIVED YESTERDAY (THE SAME POSTED ON MY HAMILTON THREAD).

Dear Mrs

I have no problems with sending the letter to you and your husband by email. The letter containing my opinion has been drafted and is currently being checked by a senior colleague before I send it out to you and Mr *****.

I will send it to you by email as soon as it has been checked and cleared to send.

Yours sincerely

M
                    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London |

Nothing di yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                      Nothing di yet?

Not up to now Cappo

Comment

Spoke to Egg again today, lady told me it will take "months rather than years" to handle my complaint. Last week another Eggployee told me it would be a matter of weeks

Comment

As also posted over on my Hamilton thread.......

Just received email now and its not good news.

The Adjudicator have stated that he is unable to determine the relationship of the insurer to the broker, and of course we cannot make the lender responsible (we knew that).

We have until the 16th of this month to provide any further information if we want this reviewed by the ombudsman.

I did have a feeling about this, and it doesn't help with the broker dissolved, although I am not leaving it there. Just shame its taken approx 2 years to come to this decision.

Comment

I just got an adjudicator response on 4 complaints with HFC dating back to 1994. They have offered redress on one of them but are saying they have deleted the data pertaining to the others so cannot calculate redress. Unfortunately for them the three older loans all had data available last year when their call centre was able to give me it and I even included that in my complaint - loan value, ppi value, loan duration. So even with an outstanding complaint they still deleted it and the adjudicator is having none of it and is going at them with the position that they need to go on my numbers that they gave me and are included in the letter I sent them to which they issued their final response as not upheld, and then delted the data. She said there was going to be some further 'mediation' and she would be in a position to comment in full next week, but added that they were now being more co-operative.

It feels like even older loans are now well in-scope, but I fear for every piece of good news for one there may be bad news for another but we need to keep fighting and was really pleased with the adjudicators attitude today.

Comment

Police in Watford are involved in a stand-off at a bank where a man claims to have a bomb strapped to his body (he want's his ppi now) ha ha
                              Police statement on sky news at 4pm
                              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure he's a Barclays customer. Probably a Reserve Usage Fee rip-off that pushed him over the edge.
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Originally posted by igglepiggle View Post
                                Spoke to Egg again today, lady told me it will take "months rather than years" to handle my complaint. Last week another Eggployee told me it would be a matter of weeks
                                Thats because Egg are incompetant. I have a PPI claim fully adjuicated and for the past 5 months it has been the FOS trying to chase Egg to comply. Its maddening. The FOS say that Egg departments are not communicating with another.
                                Last edited by The Debt Star; 2nd June 2011, 15:04:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X