• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

For anyone making a missold claim on medical grounds may find the link below clarifies matters somewhat.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...nditions.htm#c
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      For anyone making a missold claim on medical grounds may find the link below clarifies matters somewhat.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...nditions.htm#c

nice one p.f

Comment

Cappo,

Your welcome fella I though that may interest you lol.

sigpic

Comment

I've had success with HSBC this week, although they are only offering 6 years premiums, they have agreed to refund all premiums plus interest (11years worth!....about £4500) I've just sent them all my old statements as evidence of the premiums involved.

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
            I've just sent them all my old statements as evidence of the premiums involved.
            Please, be advised that they will have retained this information.

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
              I've had success with HSBC this week, although they are only offering 6 years premiums, they have agreed to refund all premiums plus interest (11years worth!....about £4500) I've just sent them all my old statements as evidence of the premiums involved.

Fantastic! Well done!

Comment

Blimey, quiet on this today......(I mean Saturday, didn't realise its gone midnight into Sunday) LOL.

So I take it no-one received any letters of their reclaims in the post this weekend then?

Comment

LB is generally quiet at the weekend which in a way is a good sign.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    LB is generally quiet at the weekend which in a way is a good sign.

Hi PF, I suppose so yes.

Maybe after the bank holiday, those upheld letters will start coming out to all still waiting, lets hope so anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Blimey, quiet on this today......(I mean Saturday, didn't realise its gone midnight into Sunday) LOL.

So I take it no-one received any letters of their reclaims in the post this weekend then?

I was just saying that to jackie this morning don't think anyone posted yesterday much at all,all quiet here guys today,are going to do the 4 hsbc ppi reclaims questionaires,are Quietly confident as they were all purchased over the phone the same way,told, you must have ppi for loan to be considered,never worried about telling me anything else and went into branch after work flying about,wanting to get home just to literally sign the paperwork then off home,nothing from claims in with cmc or LTSB credit card yet,as you say di they do seem to take a bit longer with cc's don't they. have a good weekend all

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                        as you say di they do seem to take a bit longer with cc's don't they.
                        Funnily enough RBS made me an offer on my NatWest cc (which I haven't accepted) which was sent in after my loan mis-selling complaints. The offer was sent before they decided not to appeal and the loans had already been placed on hold due to JR.

They will have to get around to them all eventually though so not worried but seem to be waiting and waiting...... Always eager now to see the postman come to see if anything arrives!

Comment

Hi guys and girls.

Hope everyone is well?

Just sent a polite but firm e-mail to both the CEO of FirstPlus/Barclays and MBNA with regards to PPI complaints. Hopefully get more information this way rather than the same lines their customer service department keeps rhyming off.

I read this little hint whilst looking information up on how to contact FirstPlus/Barclays.

Basically when talking about or mentioning a lesser known subsidiary of a big bank always use the name of the bigger fish that owns the smaller lesser known subsidiary as well.

FirstPlus is wholly owned by Barclays but doesn't offer new loans anymore. So FirstPlus probably thinks it has no reputation to uphold so can continue to treat customers with contempt.

FirstPlus may well not have a reputation to uphold but Barclays sure as hell does!

Comment

Originally posted by flossie View Post
                            Funnily enough RBS made me an offer on my NatWest cc (which I haven't accepted) which was sent in after my loan mis-selling complaints. The offer was sent before they decided not to appeal and the loans had already been placed on hold due to JR.

They will have to get around to them all eventually though so not worried but seem to be waiting and waiting...... Always eager now to see the postman come to see if anything arrives!
                            Well, if they were offering PPI after you submitted a complaint, I would also include that as part of the complaint!
                            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Just catching up after being away for a few days and its great to see all the success stories - well done to all!

I see that someone has had success with an MBNA claim going back to the late 90's which gives me some hope - I have 2 of them which I thought they may try to duck due to them not being regulated at that time.

Feeling a bit left out though as I have not heard a dicky bird on my claims - only a letter from RBS informing me that they are starting to deal with claims in a chronological order.
                              Mine have all been on hold since last October.....so I guess it is time to start hassling them.
                              On that note does anyone have a email addy for M&S money PPI dept?

Cheers & happing hunting,

Matty
                              Last edited by MattyA; 30th May 2011, 07:25:AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Yep, that person was me. Actually, an Abbey card that then became MBNA when they took over Abbey's card business, and finally Lowells DCA. I won lock stock and barrel. So go for it!
                                Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X