• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

MBNA quote "We will use FSA and FOS guidance to calculate exactly what your refund will be and this will be completed within eight weeks"

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Dealing with MBNA is like bartering with an Italian, they will attempt to gain the upper hand...
      they have to try!

Comment

Hi all, just had a letter from MBNA (Virgin cc) stating that my complaint has been upheld and they will write to me to confirm when the refund is paid. It sounds as though the refund will go back on my card
        It does not have to go back on your card if you are not in arrears, if you are happy with that then fine but you can request that payment is made to you.
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Called both MBNA and FirstPlus/Barclays for an update today regarding PPi complaints which had been on hold since September 2010.

Same old lines 'we will be in contact in due course' and 'you can go the Financial Ombudsman' blah blah.

I'm really beginning to get very frustrated and stressed!

Since I lodged the complaints against the both banks last year, I have received absolutely no information of any substance. All I have received is maybe 2-3 generic letters from each bank.

I ask both MBNA and FirstPlus/Barclays simple questions like-

What exactly is happening with complaint at this exact present moment?

Has my complaint been investigated yet?

If not when would you hope to start the investigation process? How long do you expect this process to take?

I think to ask for the above questions to be answered after waiting 7 months, isn't too much too ask, is it?

I keep getting the same reply
          'we will be in contact in due course'.

I then ask, are we talking days? Weeks? Months? Years?

'we will be in contact in due course'

Very, very bloody frustrating!

They've had the complaints for 7 months and I have no further information on them since I posted the bloody things!

Now I've noticed a few tweeps have been e-mailing CEO's and getting a little more info because their bypassing the customer services repetitive lines.

So that is indeed my next approach.

Would the Chief Exc of Barclays also be the Chief Exc of FirstPlus?

Comment

Not sure if this link was posted so here we go again just in case.

http://www.ceoemail.com/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              The longer they hold off the more they have to pay you in statutory interest and at 8% simple that is a lot more than a bank would pay you on a savings account.
              That depends on whether they pay interest or not...

I've already decided that if they don't I'm taking both of my claims to the FOS, not just for the 8% but also for the interest they charged me when they added the whole premium to the loan and for the interest they charged me on the premiums they added to my credit card.

It's been almost a year and a half since I started this journey, I can wait to get back what the robbing gits took from me

Comment

Director of Marketing
                GlaxoSmithKline

To: Angela Knight CBE
                Chief Executive
                British Banker's Association
                Pinners Hall
                105-108 Old Broad Street
                London EC2N 1EX
                United Kingdom

Dear Ms Knight

Firstly, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is
                Dr Caesar Voletrouser, Director of Marketing for international pharmaceuticals giant GlaxoSmithKline, makers of the market leading teenage suicide pill, Sexocrap.

I would like to draw your attention to our latest product, ‘Guilt’o’Gon’, which I feel may be of particular interest to you.

The drug itself is a derivative of the family of drugs known as Elestoned, an industrial strength large-mammal tranquiliser. Guilt’o’Gon has been developed to treat feelings of remorse and is particularly effective at allowing the patient to condone the mass flogging, by large financial institutions, of worthless payment protection insurance without suffering the obvious niggling of conscience one would normally associate with such a crass and dishonourable act.

So far the results of our independent drug trails have been little short of stunning. Please take time to read the following endorsements:

Politician, TB of London, says: ‘’Guilt’o’Gon? Golly! Well I simply couldn’t have invaded middle eastern countries for no good reason without it. And as for my wife, Cherrie, she’s now even charging charities £500,000 a time for after dinner speeches with no qualms at all, since she’s been raiding my stash.’’

And R Mugabe, African dictator, agrees: ‘’Since I’ve been shooting Guilt’o’Gon, the eviction rates of the poorest people in my country have more than trebled. I feel so at one with the world. I even have the gall to go to church now.''

So, Ms Knight, if you are still unconvinced, please try the sample pack enclosed. This medicine is available in three formats - powder form, soluble tablet and coated caplet - the latter of which I have chosen for your freebie as, unlike your member's complaints handling standards, people find them easier to swallow.

Yours

Dr Caesar Voletrouser

WARNING

Please read the instructions first.

*Take Guilt’o’Gon I hour before making any misleading statements.

*Side effects may include mass personal bankruptcies, misery to millions, huge profits for the banking industry and large legal bills.
                *Not suitable for those suffering from any form morality or those of a reasonable disposition

Comment

First Direct have gone suspiciously quiet. anyone else have a claim on with them?

Comment

That depends on whether they pay interest or not...

I've already decided that if they don't I'm taking both of my claims to the FOS, not just for the 8% but also for the interest they charged me when they added the whole premium to the loan and for the interest they charged me on the premiums they added to my credit card.

It's been almost a year and a half since I started this journey, I can wait to get back what the robbing gits took from me
                    Well if your claims are post 2005 ones they have to be settled as per FSA PS10/12

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf

Appendix 3 and 4

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      Director of Marketing
                      GlaxoSmithKline

Chief Executive
                      Pinners Hall
                      105-108 Old Broad Street
                      London EC2N 1EX
                      United Kingdom

Dear Ms Knight

Dr Caesar Voletrouser[SIZE=2][FONT=Rockwell], Director of Marketing for international pharmaceuticals giant GlaxoSmithKline, makers of the market leading teenage suicide pill, Sexocrap.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
                      Dear Dr. Caesar

I note that following research, the drug is now available in suppository form, which may be more appropriate in the case of Ms. Knight, although at this stage in the research, the suppository is still in an insoluble form. Perhaps I could forward a large sample to her?

Regards

Dr. Quack
                      Head of Anal Research
                      Harley Street Anal Personal Prescriptions Inc. (HSA PPI)
                      London
                      LB1 PPI0
                      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

From The Times:

Storm over PPI fails to reach Nationwide

Nationwide has emerged from the PPI mis-selling scandal relatively unscathed, it emerged today.

The building society took a £16 million hit, compared with a £90 million charge by its fellow mutual The Co-operative Group and £3.2 billion set aside by Lloyds Banking Group.

It came as Nationwide posted a 30 per cent increase in underlying pre-tax profit to £276 million, defying low interest rates and the stupor in housing markets.

The group was aided by a 35 per cent reduction in provisions for bad debts to £359 million.

Graham Beale, Nationwide chief executive, said: “We have had no significant sales of single-premium PPI since 2007, our volume of PPI product sales was relatively low and we had a rigorous sales process in place.
                        “Consequently, our own provision for customer redress, with a charge for the year of £16 million, compares very favourably with the several billion announced by the banks during the past month. Customer service is very important to us.”

Nationwide also took a £9 million charge related to PPI in the previous year.

Separately, Mr Beale said that he did not expect interest rates to rise until about November.

The PPI policies were typically taken out alongside a personal loan or mortgage to cover repayments if customers fell ill or lost jobs. But the policies were sold to self-employed or unemployed people who would not have been able to claim and to consumers who did not realise they were taking out a policy.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          Director of Marketing
                          GlaxoSmithKline

Chief Executive
                          Pinners Hall
                          105-108 Old Broad Street
                          London EC2N 1EX
                          United Kingdom

Dear Ms Knight

Dr Caesar Voletrouser, Director of Marketing for international pharmaceuticals giant GlaxoSmithKline, makers of the market leading teenage suicide pill, Sexocrap.

I would like to draw your attention to our latest product, ‘Guilt’o’Gon’, which I feel may be of particular interest to you.

The drug itself is a derivative of the family of drugs known as Elestoned, an industrial strength large-mammal tranquiliser. Guilt’o’Gon has been developed to treat feelings of remorse and is particularly effective at allowing the patient to condone the mass flogging, by large financial institutions, of worthless payment protection insurance without suffering the obvious niggling of conscience one would normally associate with such a crass and dishonourable act.

So far the results of our independent drug trails have been little short of stunning. Please take time to read the following endorsements:

Politician, TB of London, says: ‘’Guilt’o’Gon? Golly! Well I simply couldn’t have invaded middle eastern countries for no good reason without it. And as for my wife, Cherrie, she’s now even charging charities £500,000 a time for after dinner speeches with no qualms at all, since she’s been raiding my stash.’’

And R Mugabe, African dictator, agrees: ‘’Since I’ve been shooting Guilt’o’Gon, the eviction rates of the poorest people in my country have more than trebled. I feel so at one with the world. I even have the gall to go to church now.''

So, Ms Knight, if you are still unconvinced, please try the sample pack enclosed. This medicine is available in three formats - powder form, soluble tablet and coated caplet - the latter of which I have chosen for your freebie as, unlike your member's complaints handling standards, people find them easier to swallow.

Yours

Dr Caesar Voletrouser

WARNING
                          Please read the instructions first.

*Take Guilt’o’Gon I hour before making any misleading statements.
                          *Side effects may include mass personal bankruptcies, misery to millions, huge profits for the banking industry and large legal bills.
                          *Not suitable for those suffering from any form morality or those of a reasonable disposition

you should try and get this published, see if it turns up in the media review they like to send you......

Comment

Eagerly waiting to see more success posted up.

Come on banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post
                              Hi the letter states "you do not need to do anything else at this point as we will write to you to confirm when the refund is paid" just sounds as if it will go on my card which I don't mind as I have a small balance left, never had any arears on it

congratulations leuc,well done:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::cla p2::clap2:

Comment

Thanks Cappo hope you get some good news soon

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X