• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/05/...oncern-253650/

Indeed they are, so come on FSA start flexing your muscles and do something about it.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

The FOS Annual Review released today

For PDF Reader

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u.../ar11/ar11.pdf

And online version for those without a PDF Reader

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...r11/index.html

sigpic

Comment

Nothing to do with the thread or PPI as such.....

More to show why we should show the banks absolutely no mercy, no sympathy and give them no time!

BBC News - Credit card s story

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post

More to show why we should show the banks absolutely no mercy, no sympathy and give them no time!

my thoughts exactly soapy,thats horrendous treatment as you say,no mercy!

Comment

I have experienced the same thing with MBNA - they are ******* and will stop at nothing.
            I am counterclaiming mis-sold ppi on 2 accounts I have with them and fingers crossed I am able to give them a proper spanking in return and where it hurts most - their pocket.
            I dont expect it to be easy - it has already been going on months but fight them to the end I will.

Matty.

Comment

Hey anyone that can give MBNA a spanking is in my good book, I hate them for what they did to me.

Worst campany ever as far as I'm concerned.

sigpic

Comment

Morning fellow PPI refund fighters!

Just had a half hour phone call with both MBNA and Barclays regarding PPI complaints that were submitted on August 2011 and then subsequently put on an unsanctioned hold.

The lady at Barclays I think let her tongue slip a little. I asked her if ANY complaints (not just mine) that had been put on hold since last year had been started to be processed yet.

Her reply was no and that they were still digesting and going over the court ruling and were also still waiting on advice and guidance from the BBA! No time limit give.

What the ****??? Is she for real!? What the hell are they playing at?

MBNA was somewhat the same response and told me that they also haven't started to process the complaints which have been on hold. However the lady there informed me that they now fully understand the court ruling and are in the process of putting the necessary measures in place so that complaints will be processed fast and efficiently. No time limits give.

Comment

Anyone that does not have complaints with the FOS but is going to, do not leave it get those in soon as.

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/05/1...ne/1#c34083071

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Anyone that does not have complaints with the FOS but is going to, do not leave it get those in soon as.

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/05/1...ne/1#c34083071

I have a letter off the bank assuring me that my time limits will be extended due to the complaint being on hold. If I loose out on such a reason, the delay in itself wouild become a complaint.

Comment

Morning fellow PPI refund fighters!

Just had a half hour phone call with both MBNA and Barclays regarding PPI complaints that were submitted on August 2011 and then subsequently put on an unsanctioned hold.

The lady at Barclays I think let her tongue slip a little. I asked her if ANY complaints (not just mine) that had been put on hold since last year had been started to be processed yet.

Her reply was no and that they were still digesting and going over the court ruling and were also still waiting on advice and guidance from the BBA! No time limit give.

What the ****??? Is she for real!? What the hell are they playing at?

MBNA was somewhat the same response and told me that they also haven't started to process the complaints which have been on hold. However the lady there informed me that they now fully understand the court ruling and are in the process of putting the necessary measures in place so that complaints will be processed fast and efficiently. No time limits give.
                      That's not what is on the Barclays website so the person you spoke to perhaps is too familiar with the old line since their own website states this:

"Q. Will Barclays now process those PPI complaints that are on hold?
                      Yes. We will work closely with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Authority to make sure we deal with all our PPI complaints as soon as possible."

Not on any of the FAQ's on PPI does it say anything about talking with the BBA so that is complete and utter nonsense by them.

The MBNA stance sounds like them though and AFAIK there is still nothing on their website.
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                      just phoned RBS to ask them why they are verbally still telling me that my complaint is on hold but also written to me to say its not on hold and is being processed. The answer to the confusion is that all the 'on hold subject to JR cases' are still in secure storage in "IRON MOUNTAIN" storage facillity until such time as they get them back from secure storage they cannot continue their investigations to a conclusion. Over more bizzarely they are now dealing with new complaints that are coming in now, so the pooor folks that were put on hold are effectivly locked in IRON MOUNTAIN. I am absolutely certain that the next excuse will be that Lord Lucan riding on Shergar will perform a midnight raid on Iron mountain, pinch all the paperwork and ride back to never never land. Interestingly Iron Mountain does exist and is a document retention company, still all a bit of a faff though.

http://www.ironmountain.co.uk/index.asp

Cracking pic on the iron mountain website of an RBS lady with a pile of on hold complaints in front of her.
                      It shouldn't take more than 7 days to retrieve the files from storage so the fact that they are in secure storage at the time of the JR is not necessarily as important as the fact that they should be beginning to deal with claims in the order in which they were received. I do wonder whether they have staff dealing with new claims and staff dealing with the historic "on hold" claims. New claims have to be dealt with within 8 weeks since otherwise those claims will go to the FOS. Nothing stops existing "On hold" complainants going to the FOS.
                      Last edited by leclerc; 19th May 2011, 10:03:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Folks,

Just about to update my Co-op PPI claim which has been settled as there has been progress on it,as far as I was concerned the matter was closed lol Ill say 3 words Lewis Debt Recovery haha bring it on

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                          Are they merely offering a refund of premiums but not a compensatory level for the money being deprived from you? I think most of the banks are sticking to the policy of refund of premiums but not compensatory amount.
                          They are offering a refund of the PPI paid and to reduce future monthly payments by removing the PPI.

They are not offering the 8% simple interest.

Lloyds are offering the 8%, Barclays are offering the 8% (although First Plus have in the past refused to do so), Santander are always offering the 8%, HSBC too.

The FSA Complaints handling procedure states that where a complaint is upheld the 8% should be offered. This is no longer under challenge and so RBS' refusal to offer the 8% on these cases in incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post
                            They are offering a refund of the PPI paid and to reduce future monthly payments by removing the PPI.Are the future payments the same as if it had never had PPI on the loan? By definition cancelling the PPI will already reduce the payments but not to the level in which, had the loan not been made, the loan payment would be x amount(if that makes sense)

They are not offering the 8% simple interest.
                            FOS then if that is the only issue remaining(check above in case that is not the case re the loan payments)
                            Lloyds are offering the 8%, Barclays are offering the 8% (although First Plus have in the past refused to do so), Santander are always offering the 8%, HSBC too.

The FSA Complaints handling procedure states that where a complaint is upheld the 8% should be offered. This is no longer under challenge and so RBS' refusal to offer the 8% on these cases in incorrect.
                            Have they given a breakdown of the amounts they are offering? That is required as well(I assume the answer is no) and needs clarifying
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Last post your thoughts please

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...=23731&page=28

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                Have they given a breakdown of the amounts they are offering? That is required as well(I assume the answer is no) and needs clarifying
                                They are removing it as though PPI was never added. What you say does make sense disproportionate reductions on cancellation would be much worse.

There is no breakdown but i don't require one as their offer is the monthly PPI multiplied by the months paid to date.

I understand the FOS is the only next step but it is disgusting that RBS are forcing people into a choice between a 12 months wait or acceptance of an incorrect offer despite the clear regulatory guidelines. There are a large percentage of people that won't feel able to wait due to the financial constraints of today's economy. There is also the (albeit small) risk that the FOS may decide there was no mis-sale.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X