• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
    Just had a 40 minute conversation with the 'MBNA Customer Advocate Office'. The lady informed me that as the BBA only announced it's decision not to appeal today, MBNA were now unsure how they will address complaints and are waiting for guidance. From whom? God himself!? I asked her that surely now MBNA would have to abide by the decision from the court. All I kept getting was that they were waiting on guidance!
    Guidance from God?
    Or, directions from the head honcho MBNA Cowboy (...the term "Cowboy" or "cow-boy" was used pejoratively to describe men who had been implicated in various crimes.)

I believe that MBNA must know what the guidance is;
    contact all those MBNA and affiliate customers who have been mis-sold PPI!

p.s. MBNA, thought that the unregulated streets of London/Great Britain were paved with gold...
    Last edited by Angry Cat; 9th May 2011, 15:22:PM.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

http://www.mbna.co.uk/contact-us/complaints-procedure/
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      http://www.capitalone.co.uk/support/contact-us.jsf
      Last edited by Angry Cat; 9th May 2011, 15:39:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Egg Banking plc
        Citigroup Centre
        Canada Square
        London
        E14 5LB
        Phone:
        Fax:
        Email:
        44 020 7508 7713

Comment

http://www.out-law.com/page-11905

Comment

Greetings All,

Oh happy days, now with regards to my MBNA case which is stayed on the terms of the tomlin this contains a considerable amount of PPI have the statments to prove this, but they produced a microfitch agreement where the PPI tick box was not ticked and denied that I had ever paid it.

So I am going to get a solicitor onto this one as this JR result has just made my case stronger I am going to use the unfair relationship, there lies in court to a judge, the PPI and the constant harrassment.

I will spend a week or too getting this together then take it to a solicitor to get the stay lifted.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/...ise-28013.html

sigpic

Comment

Brilliant news that the BBA are not going to appeal. This website is great and so full of helpful posts.
                I am one of the lurkers that doesn't post much, but would appreciate some advice.

I have received a letter today from RBS regarding PPI on my NatWest credit card. A letter dated 27th April said they were still investigating, but the letter received today, dated 5th May, says they have investigated and cannot confirm what information I was given and the Bank is prepared to make me a goodwill offer, without any admission of liability.

They have offered me total PPI payments paid in past 6 years (£455.35) and monthly variable card interest paid on PPI (£234.17). If I accept it is in full and final settlement and will be credited to my card balance.

I cannot remember how many years ago I took the card, but it will be longer than 6 years. It is not a figure to be sniffed at but does this include the 8% interest and is it all I could expect to get back under the terms of the JR and FSA rules? I noted that the letter was sent last week when the decision not to go ahead with the appeal had not been released.

Also, I do not now owe anything on the card and pay it off each month. Do I have to have the refund credited to the account. I have never missed any payment.

Comment

Also, I do not now owe anything on the card and pay it off each month. Do I have to have the refund credited to the account. I have never missed any payment.

Only if you are in arrears, which you are not so no you want a cheque payable to you.

I cannot remember how many years ago I took the card, but it will be longer than 6 years. It is not a figure to be sniffed at but does this include the 8% interest and is it all I could expect to get back under the terms of the JR and FSA rules? I noted that the letter was sent last week when the decision not to go ahead with the appeal had not been released.

without seeing the letter word for word it is hard to say whether statutory interest has been given do you have a thread on this where you can upload the letter with pers removed.

sigpic

Comment

a question for you guys i,ve got two loan accounts i,ve now been trying to track down from hsbc a considerable amount of money if they were missold but they probably were as it was a single premium and an advised sale, anyway i can,t find the agreements, if i sar the bank will they be obliged to send copies or will they just say knowing there for ppi reclaims, will they just say they cant find them

Comment

This is the direct and free phone number

0800 085 1409

for the 'MBNA Customer Advocate Department'.

It's not on their website so thought I'd post it up.

Lines could be very busy I suspect though........:ranger:

Comment

Financial Mistake = Restitution

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                          a question for you guys i,ve got two loan accounts i,ve now been trying to track down from hsbc a considerable amount of money if they were missold but they probably were as it was a single premium and an advised sale, anyway i can,t find the agreements, if i sar the bank will they be obliged to send copies or will they just say knowing there for ppi reclaims, will they just say they cant find them

Hi Cappo

How long ago was this?
                          Not that it makes any difference.
                          Have you a local HSBC? If so I would pop in and give them as many of your details as possible.

I was talking to someone the other day, different bank though, and they called into the branch and asked for details etc., they were informed they do not longer hold them, then they asked for the manager, had a word and all the info was there in black and white, this is going back well into the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Hi Cappo

How long ago was this?
                            Not that it makes any difference.
                            Have you a local HSBC? If so I would pop in and give them as many of your details as possible.

I was talking to someone the other day, different bank though, and they called into the branch and asked for details etc., they were informed they do not longer hold them, then they asked for the manager, had a word and all the info was there in black and white, this is going back well into the 90's.

mine go back to about 2002-2005 2 loans i took out at our local branch they shouid have them shouid,nt they,do you think if i tried to sar them it,d be a cop out di ,i suppose my local branch is only down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                              mine go back to about 2002-2005 2 loans i took out at our local branch they shouid have them shouid,nt they,do you think if i tried to sar them it,d be a cop out di ,i suppose my local branch is only down the road.

If the branch is local to you, I would pay them a visit first, you could ask to speak to the manager.
                              If that does not work, maybe SAR to the data dept.

Comment

http://www.stockmarketwire.com/artic...banking+stocks

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X