• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by cappo View Post
    the fos think secret commisions are ok, i put in a claim that cap 1 recieved a secret commision for selling my ppi and the fos have said capital one made a commercial decision not to disclose this and it was fine with the adjudicator,it wasn,t my understanding of the way things shouid be done.
    Escalate it to the Ombudsman. The Adjudicator is only the first level, if you are not happy with their response then you can ask an Ombudsman to look at it again.
    I have a feeling though that when you are talking about secret commissions and the like then you might need to go down the legal route to recover that.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

[quote=roffster;211315]Escalate it to the Ombudsman. The Adjudicator is only the first level, if you are not happy with their response then you can ask an Ombudsman to look at it again.
      I have a feeling though that when you are talking about secret commissions and the like then you might need to go down the legal route to recover that.[/quote

yes thats the next step,i was very surprised by her decision with regard to the commision side of things, a few years ago there was a lot made of the secret commisions going on but you don,t hear so much about it now

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Citizens Advice response to British Bankers Association announcement on PPI

CAB statement on the BBA decision.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        “At long last the banks have decided to do the right thing in accepting that they must compensate the huge number of customers who were mis-sold PPI policies that were far too expensive and completely unsuitable for their needs.

“It’s now up to the banks to deal with claims quickly and thoroughly. The onus should be on them to contact all those affected rather than wait for customers to make a claim. It’s also vital that both banks and regulators learn the lessons of PPI to ensure a similar scandal on this scale cannot be allowed to happen again in the future.”
        Will await those letters withn craned neck, leclerc!

Comment

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...fair-rel-full/

Not within the remit of the FOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
            Will await those letters withn craned neck, leclerc!
            The quoted bits are from the CAB and kinda reflects opinions given on the forum.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              The quoted bits are from the CAB and kinda reflects opinions given on the forum.
              Yes, and I had already sought legal advice. Prior, to the release of the CAB Super Complaint in 2005...

Comment

Not sure if this has already been posted up?
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13143819

Comment

Someone has just told me that the BBA isn't making an appeal?

Yea, right! Next you'll be telling me that the sale at DFS has come to an end!

Anyways on more serious note.....

(1) Will the banks have done 'any' ground work on any of the thousands of complaints during the 8 months they have had them on hold?

(2) What way will banks work through the complaints? The ones which have been on hold since the JR would these be addressed first? Or if your complaint is with the FOS would it take priority?

Comment

They should deal with them in order of when they were put on hold since they would have a team dealing with customer complaints and an FOS team who would deal with complaints and giving information to the FOS to allow them to assess the complaint(the banks had previously not been forthcoming with this info).
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Not a peep from MBNA (the biggest credit card supplier in Europe), yet?
                      Nothing from Citigroup or Capone, ether?

The only hotline contact numbers that are readily available are from the Lloyds Group, which includes:
                      Llloyds;
                      Halifax and BOS.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

I had one of those 9 loans in total it took from start to finish 2.5 yrs mainly because the calculations where so complicated and if it was not for the help of this forum specially Bill and Turboman I would still be fighting the cause.

So thanks to them that one is sorted time now for Woolwich and Tesco.

The CMC im using havent come back and asked me any questions. I just sent in the basic forms that are available to download on their website. Im starting to get worried now. Im going to end up with a 50p cheque!! :Cry:
                        Dukeydogg

Comment

Originally posted by Dukeydogg View Post
                          The CMC im using havent come back and asked me any questions. I just sent in the basic forms that are available to download on their website. Im starting to get worried now. Im going to end up with a 50p cheque!! :Cry:
                          dukeydogg,
                          I have had a look at the basic forms that you completed on their website. from the information they are gathering I do not know how they could possibly make a legitimate complaint on your behalf specific to your circumstances. There are no questions about the circumstances under which you took the insurance, no commentary on what you were told etc. etc. they would have to guess the answers or submit a very general complaint (this is where CMC's are often rightly criticised!)The FOS issued a standard 7 page questionnaire for submitting complaints to them, so if they get nowhere with your complaint and it has to be referred to the FOS they will have to get you complete a more detailed questionnaire anyway. Hmmmmmmm!
                          What looks like a rat, walks like a rat and smells like a rat?

At least you haven't paid anything upfront and if they get lucky you'll get your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            Not a peep from MBNA (the biggest credit card supplier in Europe), yet?
                            Nothing from Citigroup or Capone, ether?

The only hotline contact numbers that are readily available are from the Lloyds Group, which includes:
                            Llloyds;
                            Halifax and BOS.

Just had a 40 minute conversation with the 'MBNA Customer Advocate Office'. The lady informed me that as the BBA only announced it's decision not to appeal today, MBNA were now unsure how they will address complaints and are waiting for guidance. From whom? God himself!? I asked her that surely now MBNA would have to abide by the decision from the court. All I kept getting was that they were waiting on guidance!

Also was on the phone with Barclays and got a little more information. They informed me that they will now assess my PPI complaint with the rules determined by the JR. They also told me they are processing complaints in chronological order. But didn't give any time scale(s).

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                              Just had a 40 minute conversation with the 'MBNA Customer Advocate Office'. The lady informed me that as the BBA only announced it's decision not to appeal today, MBNA were now unsure how they will address complaints and are waiting for guidance. From whom? God himself!? I asked her that surely now MBNA would have to abide by the decision from the court. All I kept getting was that they were waiting on guidance!

Also was on the phone with Barclays and got a little more information. They informed me that they will now assess my PPI complaint with the rules determined by the JR. They also told me they are processing complaints in chronological order. But didn't give any time scale(s).

ha ha whats that all about, maybe there going to try to appeal themselves,incredible,i,m sure these banks make it up as they go along

Comment

Still coming to terms with today fab announcement, although I had a gut feeling it was coming to this.

I have been receiving emails, pm's from everywhere lol, not got through them all yet. LOL.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X