• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI No Appeal more to follow soon

For anyone not put a claim in yet, I strongly suggest we make it easy for them and spell it out to them with regards to the 10/12 common failings.

Use that open letter to detail in your pre-lim exactly where they missold that will give the bank no room to move.

Appendix 4 of this open letter

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Get in!

No appeal

Oh yes, victory for once!

BBC NEWS LINK

ETA: Sorry, really must refresh more often!

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
        "Consumers should come to us at the ombudsman if they're unsure about what to do next. Meanwhile we will be working with the banks, over the coming weeks, to ensure that consumers' complaints are dealt with fairly and promptly."
        Promptly would be nice, now, perhaps. We can do fairly, later, maybe.

Comment

Lets not forget Mr Justice Ouseley he made it happen with a cracking Judgment so a big THANK YOU TO HIM as justice prevailed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
            Get in!

No appeal

Oh yes, victory for once!

BBC NEWS LINK

ETA: Sorry, really must refresh more often!
            Thank God for that ( and a few hundred thousand forum visitors! )
            Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
              There are those who really cannot be bothered to do even the minimal amount of work that is needed to reclaim their PPI, and in their case, I feel that a CMC might be the best option. To the rest of us that have at least a minimal amount of brain-power and/or spare time, then I agree, Tuttsi.

My search is still in progress....
              This is very true

Several people at my workplace have taken the CMC route, literally cannot be bothered to do it themselves, despite my comments on how easy it can be

e.g: minimal effort+time=£££'s

Comment

Bill the situation now is that the banks and the BBA are saying there is absolutely no need to use a CMC, there is a form to complete and then they will deal with the PPI claim refund.

Certainly if you do use a CMC you do at your peril and certainly do not use one with upfront fees. They would still have to fill out a form and sign some T&C's and loose say 25-30% of there money - why would anyone do that when the banks form just has to be completed. The CMC cannot do the job any faster imho.

There are those who really cannot be bothered to do even the minimal amount of work that is needed to reclaim their PPI, and in their case, I feel that a CMC might be the best option. To the rest of us that have at least a minimal amount of brain-power and/or spare time, then I agree, Tuttsi.

A CMC should be the LAST resort, and NOT the first option. And if the last resort is opted for, then it may indeed require more than a minimal amount of brain-power and spare time to find at least a half-decent CMC, anyway !!!

My search is still in progress....

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Tuttsi agreed, but unfortunetly we cannot educate everyone and those errors will still happen what we need to do is get what we are saying to the top of the internet search engine and maybe put the media straight on this point then maybe we have a fighting chance.

The Banks can also minimise this by using TV just like the CMC's do

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

It's not Angela knight who'll take the flack for this but the loathsome Eric Leenders who was the driving force behind the BBA's Judicial Review action and who's name appeared all over the paperwork of the BBA's initial claim.

The BBA lists their 2 principle functions as:

''Influencing decision makers and Promoting and defending the industry''

In both these regards they have not only failed utterly but Leenders has managed to achieve completely the reverse. To say he has made a complete pig's ear of it would be being unreasonably generous.

Comment

As I have said on several occasions, there is no need to use CMCs at ALL. In fact the fees charged are very much more than using a proper professional lawyer to handle these matters if you really feel that they are beyond your own capabilities.

The only good thing that has come out of CMCs for our cases was the incessant cold calling gave us the incentive to look properly at our own somewhat desperate situation by looking around the net at various forums and then on medical advice seeking the help of professionals which we did. AND were pleasantly surprised at the level of help and the low level of fees charged. Reputable lawyers have no need to rip you off.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

I'm with you in principle, Tuttsi, but...
                        Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                        ...the banks and the BBA are saying there is absolutely no need to use a CMC...
                        ...I don't think we should take what the banks and the BBA say as truth, any more than it is 'principled.' They themselves have surely proved this point.
                        What I guess I'm saying is that - if one does REALLY need to use a CMC, then one is either very short of time or brain-power. Some of us may fall into that category, and prefer to use a CMC.
                        I would dearly love to see a list of DECENT CMC's made available for those poor souls who really feel they have to use one - those poor souls that ncf has mentioned, for example.

Comment

One thing is for certain the BBA is in need of a complete overhaul as it is out of touch with 21st century society and if they cannot change how can the banks.

Sack the whole board and start afresh

sigpic

Comment

All this money rightfully being refunded to its owners could give the economy a boost which cant be a bad thing.

sigpic

Comment

There are those who really cannot be bothered to do even the minimal amount of work that is needed to reclaim their PPI, and in their case, I feel that a CMC might be the best option.
                              I can't agree with this Bill. Dealing with a CMC requires at least a minimal amount of work in itself. You either have to deal with the bank or deal with the CMC. The difference is that banks are (at least now) are heavily regulated and obliged to deal with your claim promptly and fairly whereas CMCs are not.

Comment

Cracking, cracking news!! Happy Days !!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X