• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

marrackas out guys it,s over (finally) thank you duncan

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-15153182.html

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
      Banks will be appealing, as we all have guessed.

BBA will announce next week.
      BBA - The voice of banking and financial services - Media - Article - Bba Statement Regarding Judical Review

You were nearly right. They did announce something, not on the same week, but what they did was to throw in the towel and give up. However, I know you will benefit from the judgement so I guess we are ALL happy that you were not right on this one
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

For those with Lloyds who are intending to make a claim I have just taken this from their website, they have a proceedure in place to hopefully deal with complaints quickly. There is a questionare to complete to move this forward.

I suspect this will be the same for all banks, just check their web site.

Happy days everyone.....:beagle::beagle::beagle:

> PPI Complaints
        Payment Protection Insurance Complaints

We’re sorry you have a complaint about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), but we’re committed to making the journey as easy as possible.
        It’s easy for you to complain to us directly so you don’t need to use a Claims Management Company (CMC) who will typically charge an up front fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. We assess complaints sent directly to us in exactly the same way that we treat complaints from a Claims Management Company, so by coming direct you will not be disadvantaged.
        Here's what you need to do:
        1. Call or write to us
          At LloydsTSB we are committed to making it as easy as possible to resolve your complaint. We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you directly so your concerns can be resolved as quickly as possible. You can call us on 08453 005599, our dedicated number for PPI complaints or write to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.
        2. Download and complete a PPI Consumer Questionnaire Form
          If you decide you want to proceed with your complaint, download the
          PPI Consumer Questionnaire and fill in the details of your case. Filling in a PPI Consumer Questionnaire from the Financial Ombudsman Service helps us process your complaint as efficiently as possible.
        3. Send it in
          Send the PPI Questionnaire to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.We are committed to resolving complaints. We have employed additional new members of staff to help customers with their queries about PPI policies.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold?
        If you have a query about the way that your PPI was sold you can ring a dedicated telephone line for PPI customers.
        08453 005599
        If you prefer to write the address for correspondence is:
        Lloyds TSB
        Tredegar Park
        Newport
        NP10 8SB

If you are dissatisfied with our response and you wish to make a complaint please click the link below which will take you to the Financial Ombudsman Service website. This includes details of how to make a complaint and provides a questionnaire for you to complete. By filling out the FOS PPI Questionnaire we will have all of the information we need to assess your complaint. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.
        http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html
        We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPI
        • We are best placed to deal with any queries our customers have about their PPI policy
        • Rather than talk to a CMC, you can find all of the information you need about raising a complaint about PPI on this page. You will receive exactly the same service by coming to us direct as you would from going through a CMC
        • The easiest way to raise a query about a PPI policy is to complete a
          PPI Consumer Questionnaire. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.
        What does the Judicial Review mean for my PPI Complaint?
        As we announced on 5th May, we are no longer supporting the British Bankers’ Association’s Judicial Review. If you have previously received a letter from us advising that we could not reach a decision on your complaint pending the outcome of the Judicial Review, we will now be revisiting your complaint and advising you of the final outcome as soon as possible. We have decided to implement the FSA’s policy statement in full.
        Why are you no longer supporting the BBA’s Judicial Review?
        We have announced that we are making a provision to cover the costs of addressing Customers’ PPI Sales related complaints. We recognised that customers were facing long delays in respect of their PPI sales-related complaints during the BBA’s judicial review. We wanted to do the right thing by our customers and have decided to implement the FSA’s policy statement in full.
        What does today’s announcement mean for my PPI complaint?
        If you have previously received a letter from us advising that we could not reach a decision on your complaint pending the outcome of the Judicial Review, we will now be revisiting your complaint and advising you of the final outcome as soon as possible. As we have announced, we have decided to implement the FSA’s policy statement in full.
        I received an ex-gratia letter. Is this affected by the announcement that you are no longer supporting the BBA’s Judicial Review?
        The announcement does not affect your ex-gratia letter. You remain free to accept or decline this offer as outlined in the letter.
        I have a complaint that has been referred to the FOS. Will this be affected by the fact that you are no longer supporting the BBA’s Judicial Review?
        We will work with the FOS and provide them with all of the relevant case notes to allow them to complete their investigation. We will also liaise directly with the FOS to deal with complaints as quickly as we can.
        I want to make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold – can I still do so?
        Yes. We will take the details of your complaint and this will be progressed by our customer service team. Those customers who have not complained but have concerns about their PPI policy should also contact us directly. Details of how to contact us are provided above.
        We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPI
        • We are best placed to deal with any queries our customers have about their PPI policy for all of our brands
        • Customers should call us or log onto our websites or call us for further information
        • Rather than talk to a Claims Management Company (CMC), customers can find all of the information they need about raising a complaint about PPI on our websites. Your complaint will be handled in exactly the same way if you come to us directly, but you will avoid having to share any potential compensation payments with a CMC
        • The FOS has also created a PPI Questionnaire which helps customers find out whether they have a claim to make. This can be accessed by searching online ‘PPI FOS'.
        What will happen after I have made a complaint?
        Once we have received your complaint we will assess it as soon as possible. We strive to assess all complaints within 8 weeks. However, if we have not managed to resolve your complaint within that time we will send you a further letter updating you as to your options.
        If you have previously received a letter from us advising that we could not reach a decision on your complaint pending the outcome of the Judicial Review, we will now be revisiting your complaint and advising you of the final outcome as soon as possible. We have employed additional staff to manage customers’ queries about their PPI policies.
        I have received a letter telling me about BBA/FSA/FOS. I don’t understand it.
        We had sent some of our customers a letter explaining how the Judicial Review has impacted the way we handle PPI sales-related complaints and how we would only be able to assess their complaint once the legal proceedings were concluded.
        We have today announced that the Group will no longer be supporting the BBA’s Judicial Review.
        We want to do the right thing by our customers and have decided to implement the FSA’s policy statement in full. We will now be revisiting your complaint and advising you of the final outcome as soon as possible.
        You have made an offer to refund my PPI policy premium. Will that offer change now?
        No. We will stand by any offer to settle a complaint that has already been made to you or a third party CMC acting on your behalf.
        I have already made a complaint but I haven’t received a final decision. What will happen now?
        We have today announced that the Group will no longer be supporting the BBA’s Judicial Review.
        If you have previously received a letter from us advising that we could not reach a decision on your complaint pending the outcome of the Judicial Review, we will now be revisiting your complaint and advising you of the final outcome as soon as possible. We are processing complaints as quickly as we can and there may be a short delay in responding. If you have any questions about your complaint you can contact us using the contact details above.
        What will happen to unresolved complaints?
        We wish to handle and resolve all complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers. We will now be revisiting your complaint and advising you of the final outcome as soon as possible.
        Will I be compensated for any delays?
        We take all complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them on a fair and consistent basis. In line with our complaint handling policy we will assess your PPI complaint and will provide compensation, including the backdating of interest and payments, where appropriate.
        Can I still buy PPI from you?
        No. In July 2010 we announced that we would no longer sell our range of PPI to personal and business customers.
        Is my PPI cover affected by the outcome of the Judicial Review?
        No. Your PPI cover will not be affected by the outcome. The review is related to the handling of PPI sales related complaints, not the cover provided by PPI.
        I have cancelled my PPI Policy. Can I still make a complaint?
        Yes. You can still make a complaint about how your PPI Policy was sold even if you have since cancelled the policy. Details of how to complain are provided above. It’s easy for you to complain to us directly so you don’t need to use a Claims Management Company (CMC). Your complaint will be handled in exactly the same way if you come to us directly but you will avoid having to share any compensation payment with a CMC.

Comment

Is Angela Knight back in the job market now?
          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post

she shouid be

Comment

• Re: Latest updates on PPI No Appeal more to follow soon

"celebration time come on" great song sang it all morning!!!

Comment

Somebody pinch me. This is awesome news.
                Congratulations ALL.

Comment

Payment Protection Insurance information - Barclays

Their press release:

"sTATEMENT ON PAYMENT PROTECTION iNSURANCE
                  bARCLAYS HAS DECIDED THAT IT WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO APPEAL AGAINST THE HIGH ¢OURT JUDGMENT OF 20 aPRIL 2011, WHICH DISMISSED THE ACTION BROUGHT BY THE bRITISH bANKERS’ aSSOCIATION REGARDING THE ASSESSMENT AND REDRESS OF PAYMENT PROTECTION iNSURANCE (“PPi”) COMPLAINTS.
                  bARCLAYS HAS ALSO AGREED WITH THE FINANCIAL sERVICES aUTHORITY (“Fsa”) THAT IT WILL NOW BEGIN TO PROCESS ALL ON-HOLD AND ANY NEW COMPLAINTS FROM CUSTOMERS ABOUT PPi POLICIES THAT THEY HOLD. tHESE CUSTOMERS WILL BE CONTACTED, AND bARCLAYS WILL ASSESS AND ADDRESS THEIR COMPLAINTS AS QUICKLY AS PRACTICABLE.
                  bOB dIAMOND, ¢HIEF eXECUTIVE, bARCLAYS SAID:
                  “fiE HAVE TAKEN THIS DECISION BECAUSE IT IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF OUR CUSTOMERS, AS WELL AS FOR bARCLAYS AND ITS SHAREHOLDERS; CREATING CERTAINTY, PARTICULARLY REGARDING PAST ISSUES, IS OF BENEFIT TO ALL PARTIES.
                  fiE DON’T ALWAYS GET THINGS RIGHT FOR OUR CUSTOMERS; WHEN WE GET THEM WRONG, WE APOLOGISE AND PUT THEM RIGHT. tHAT’S OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS, AND IT APPLIES TO THE WAY IN WHICH WE WILL DEAL WITH PPi COMPLAINTS.”
                  fiHILE IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THE HANDLING OF PPi COMPLAINTS, AND THEREFORE THE COST OF DOING SO, ARE NOT YET CERTAIN, bARCLAYS IS TAKING A PROVISION TO COVER THE COST OF FUTURE REDRESS AND ADMINISTRATION OF £1BN IN THE SECOND QUARTER 2011. "

Comment

Originally posted by DebtIsBad
                    Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Latest updates on PPI No Appeal more to follow soon

I may have missed out on a fiver bet, because I really thought they would at least ask for LEAVE to appeal. Credit where it's due. They didn't stoop that low, bless their cotton sox.

But Angie.........ain't it time, babe ?

We'll miss ya, of course, darlin.'

...just like you'll miss us, baby.
                    Last edited by Bill-K; 9th May 2011, 07:32:AM. Reason: Errrrm....decency ? I googled it...

Comment

NatWest and HSBC site is crap on the PPI issue.
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      RBS rumoured to be putting aside 1.5 billion pounds for PPI payouts.
                      Last edited by leclerc; 9th May 2011, 07:29:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

please note that Lloyds banks and BBA are saying that there is NO NEED TO USE A CMC.....

I suspect the CMCs will be phoning peeps like mad today for everyones PPI claim. DO NOT USE THEM

Hopefully peeps will understand that there is absolutely no need whatsoever for anyone to use a CMC.

SAY NO TO CMC'S

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                          please note that Lloyds banks and BBA are saying that there is NO NEED TO USE A CMC.....

I suspect the CMCs will be phoning peeps like mad today for everyones PPI claim. DO NOT USE THEM

Hopefully peeps will understand that there is absolutely no need whatsoever for anyone to use a CMC.

SAY NO TO CMC'S

your right tutts it,s easy to do yourself i wish i,d known this site was on here 2 years ago when i contacted my cmc as tutts says diy it,s the name of the game

Comment

Totally agree with Tuttsi, as CMC's are bound to be going all out now for payment up front.
                            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                              Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Latest updates on PPI No Appeal more to follow soon

I may have missed out on a fiver bet, because I really thought they would at least ask for LEAVE to appeal. Credit where it's due. They didn't stoop that low, bless their cotton sox.

But Angie.........ain't it time, babe ?

We'll miss ya, of course, darlin.'

...just like you'll miss us, baby.
                              It's rumoured that she is looking at a more ethical job - selling timeshares, lol

(or so Turbo tells me, lol!!)
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                                There are those who really cannot be bothered to do even the minimal amount of work that is needed to reclaim their PPI, and in their case, I feel that a CMC might be the best option. To the rest of us that have at least a minimal amount of brain-power and/or spare time, then I agree, Tuttsi.

A CMC should be the LAST resort, and NOT the first option. And if the last resort is opted for, then it may indeed require more than a minimal amount of brain-power and spare time to find at least a half-decent CMC, anyway !!!

My search is still in progress....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X