• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Leclerc,

You can share the one I gave to AC above fella lol.

Have my claim for woolwich on the ready to post as they are part of Barclays and I have a sizable some of MPPI with them on an old mortgage.

Anyone know who is the bank for Tesco slipped my mind?
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Pressure will now grow on RBS to follow Barclays and it appears likely that it will. The collapse of RBS, also in 2008, means that the Government's stake is even higher than at Lloyds, with the public owning 83pc of the bank.
      Senior Treasury sources made it clear on Saturday night that they welcomed Lloyds' move and there appears to be an expectation within the Government that RBS will follow.
      The price of bailing out Lloyds and RBS was £10 Billion, I believe.

Time for RBS to show some decency and morality and remember that they were hours away from collapse/insolvency.

All eyes on RBS!

Comment

PPI aside after all this I really hope that banks and businesses in general whether that be retail or otherwise take note of this massive scandel and start treating customers fairly as many many complaints are not given the justice they deserve and I mean complaints as a whole not just financial ones.

Businesses need to understand that a customer base that is content is very important and that will not grow until that happens.

Yes busunesses will always get complaints of one form or another but customers need to see that these are dealt with swiftly and within the TCF as that is what will build custom.

Lets all hope that this is a turning point as customers are still king and not the shareholders.

sigpic

Comment

Been pre-occupied with getting sorted to move house lately-so afraid I've not read all this thread nor the judgement paper

So---can I ask:

Will we calculating potential redress based on FOS old guidelines in some cases?

or

Using Appendix 1-4 Handbook as within 10/12 FSA Policy Statement dated August 2010 for all cases?

Thanks
          Turbs

Comment

Using Appendix 1-4 Handbook as within 10/12 FSA Policy Statement dated August 2010?

That still stands as the JR has not been won yet and is unlikely too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              That still stands as the JR has not been won yet and is unlikely too.
              [/color][/left]
              could you expand pf---i'm a bit behind

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...went-bust.html

Fred had no experience of investment banking or insurance,” the aide recollected. “Then you put him in charge of a massive franchise, of RBS and NatWest together.” As the aide noted, it was like putting the head of Yorkshire Building Society in charge of Barclays.

Comment

Sorry if this have already been posted, just got here now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...gal-fight.html

Barclays follows Lloyds in dropping PPI legal fight

Barclays Bank is set to abandon the legal fight against personal protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling in a move which is likely to sound the death knell in the judicial battle that has caused controversy across the political spectrum.

More on link above, but looking promising folks.

Comment

Turbs,

10/12 policy statement was to be implemented December 2010, the likes of Santander have been using it since that date and was not a party to the challenge by the BBA on behalf of the banks.

It stands until such time as the BBA can get it over ruled in the courts and that now does not look likely will Lloyds pulling out and others to follow.

The Judgment handed down last mth was such that it left very little room for any appeal and hence why Lloyds have backed down.
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    Sorry if this have already been posted, just got here now.

Sorry Di beat you to it, although it was expected by me hence why I was up early and forgo my lay-in lol

Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8th May 2011, 11:26:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...win-trust.html

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/s...e-2280783.html

"As for RBS chief Stephen Hester's warning, issued on Friday, that all this will have a material effect on his and other banks' bottom lines, I have one word in response – tough."

Comment

Hello Everyone!!

First of all, thank you for all the information on this thread - for me it has become 'the place to go' after accidently stumbling across the site in December!!

My (longwinded) Story!
                          I was contacted last August by a random CMC about PPI who were quite persistent with their telephone calls. I never thought about claiming before, so the fact they wanted £250 upfront and then 39% of anything won sounded quite harsh!

I done a bit of research and decided to go with another CMC that charged 10% and nothing upfront. I sent my claim in in October, and more or less straight away it was put on hold. My CMC didnt tell me this, they havent got in touch with me - at all. Any updates ive had was me phoning them (prior to Christmas) and then daily checks on this forum since.

I dont want to seem to nag, but i did have a lot of loans when i first started out as a homeowner in 2004/2005 and just want to know where i stand.

Also, my other concern is that after reading the press releases by Lloyds etc this past week, they have all mentioned 'there is no need to go to a CMC' (paraphrasing). I hope im not going to get penalized/punished because i have gone to a CMC.

Thank you for reading..................but any comments would be appreciated!!

Dukeydogg

Comment

Hi and welcome to LB.

That is correct that you do not have to use a claims company, as its rather straight forward, and they only do what we do - but no fees involved when doing this yourself.

As you will have noticed on Lloyds website, its a matter of just completing the reclaim questionnaire - complaint, and you send a copy directly to them and keep a copy for yourself.
                            So if you do have any further reclaims, do give it a go yourself and of course ask for help from us anytime.

So when was the last time you heard from the CMC?

If your having problems with the CMC, it may be worth you contacting the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) explain your situation with them, meanwhile hopefully someone here will have some suggestions to help you.
                            https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/index.aspx

Wishing you luck, please let us know how you get on, or if you require help with other reclaims, cheers.

Comment

[quote=Dukeydogg;211095]Hello Everyone!!

First of all, thank you for all the information on this thread - for me it has become 'the place to go' after accidently stumbling across the site in December!!

My (longwinded) Story!
                              I was contacted last August by a random CMC about PPI who were quite persistent with their telephone calls. I never thought about claiming before, so the fact they wanted £250 upfront and then 39% of anything won sounded quite harsh!

I done a bit of research and decided to go with another CMC that charged 10% and nothing upfront. I sent my claim in in October, and more or less straight away it was put on hold. My CMC didnt tell me this, they havent got in touch with me - at all. Any updates ive had was me phoning them (prior to Christmas) and then daily checks on this forum since.

I dont want to seem to nag, but i did have a lot of loans when i first started out as a homeowner in 2004/2005 and just want to know where i stand.

Also, my other concern is that after reading the press releases by Lloyds etc this past week, they have all mentioned 'there is no need to go to a CMC' (paraphrasing). I hope im not going to get penalized/punished because i have gone to a CMC.

Thank you for reading..................but any comments would be appreciated!!

[/quote

did you sign anything?,i,ve a similiar thing with mine and it,s been ongoing for several years now,if you signed any agreement though if you pull out you might be liable to pay the cmc,s costs at roughly around £125.00 an hour in my case,i will say though my cmc is quite helpful but you might lose a bit off the top in the case of a successful claim 10% isn,t too bad though.

Comment

i can,t see hsbc and rbs going it alone, with two of the biggest players being out of the picture as p.f said(at the beginning) from what i remember and di yesterday the appeal at this point looks as if it might be dead in the water,any particular type of hat you want to start eating nattie and ac,don,t go for a sombrero there a bit of a mouthful lol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X