• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

On the subject of mail, " distance selling" etc a word of caution, should we not take a look at the manipulation of this aspect in the disputes over CCA1974/2006 ( re recon docs, DNs NoAs et al) and the significance or otherwise of proofs accepted dubiously by the courts etc???

regards
    Garlok.

Comment

So the FSA supposedly keeps the banks in line should they step out of it. Right?

Who keeps the FSA in line should they not be doing their job right?

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
        Had a response to my PPI claim from First Direct today.

Previously they had said I could complain to the FOS or wait, and let them deal with the complaint but which was subjcet to the JR.

This is what they have said today:

"We have now reviewed your complaint against the requirements that we believe applied at the time of the sale in question. Having done so, we are satisfied that the PPI was sold in accordance with those requirements. For this raeson in normal circumstamces we would reject your claim.

"However, until the Court Action has been finally determined, we are unable to provide a final response to your complaint.

"This is because if the judgement is not appealed or of the Court confirms that firms are required to follow the approach set out by the FSA, we would need to review your complaint and it is possible that we may uphold your complaint."

Right, as usual, the banks are forcing me to go to the FOS. They are doing this despite this being one of those tick box PPIs with no sales advice and despite my having existing unemployment cover at the time the PPI was sold in the form of a PHI policy.

These numpties will never learn and the amount of dosh they must be forking out on the FOS beggars belief.

Was just reading over the road that someone else received an identical letter, not the same business though.
        So it seems they must be the new updated template letters they are sending out to customers where they are holding up complaints!!!!

Honestly!

My feeling is that I will receive the same on my 2 ongoing with lloyds, which is why they stated by email yesterday that then they could not get back with a response but will do as soon as possible, this would not surprise me one little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Was just reading over the road that someone else received an identical letter, not the same business though.
          So it seems they must be the new updated template letters they are sending out to customers where they are holding up complaints!!!!

Honestly!

My feeling is that I will receive the same on my 2 ongoing with lloyds, which is why they stated by email yesterday that then they could not get back with a response but will do as soon as possible, this would not surprise me one little bit.

theres two ways of looking at debtstars response is that a not so veiled hint that discussions might be taking place to throw in the towel? food for thought
          Last edited by cappo; 28th April 2011, 08:10:AM.

Comment

Personally, I think what they have written to customer post judgement is more a factual comment than anything else, for example, they won no points on their JR so they couldn't say that they might pay out but that one or two points would need to be amended. They have more or less said that until all appeals processes are complete that the case will not be determined.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi all:tinysmile_grin_t:

My claim was upheld 19 april refunded with 8% simple interest saying that further interst may be payable. Contacted them 25th April by email and Citi are adamnat that they only have to give 8% simple interest. Is this right as that is not full redress at all.:argue:

Milly X

Comment

Natalie Ceeney, chief ombudsman, on the need to move forward and resolve complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI).

(28 April 2011 monthly newsletter)

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...news/93/93.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by millymollymoo View Post
                  Hi all:tinysmile_grin_t:

My claim was upheld 19 april refunded with 8% simple interest saying that further interst may be payable. Contacted them 25th April by email and Citi are adamnat that they only have to give 8% simple interest. Is this right as that is not full redress at all.:argue:

Milly X

Hi Milly

I would give them a ring to make sure, or ask them to send you a written breakdown, you could post them on a ppi thread on here, and I'm sure Bill and/or Turbo will be happy to check them out for you. x

Comment

Chased Lloyds up by email to ask if they will be responding in regards of my query by email or hardcopy post......email received within minutes below.

This is the query I asked last week - on what will happen now to ongoing complaints since the outcome of the judgement last week.

Dear ,

Thank you for your recent communication. I can confirm that our full response is sent via the postal service because of the confidential information it contains.

I trust this clarifies matters.

Yours sincerely

A
                    Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations

Comment

Chased Lloyds up by email to ask if they will be responding in regards of my query by email or hardcopy post......email received within minutes below.

This is the query I asked last week - on what will happen now to ongoing complaints since the outcome of the judgement last week.

Dear ,

Thank you for your recent communication. I can confirm that our full response is sent via the postal service because of the confidential information it contains.

I trust this clarifies matters.

Yours sincerely

A
                      Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations

lets hope they,ve made you offers on your accounts di,keep us all informed

Comment

Hi Milly

I would give them a ring to make sure, or ask them to send you a written breakdown, you could post them on a ppi thread on here, and I'm sure Bill and/or Turbo will be happy to check them out for you. x
                        Thanks I will xx

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                          lets hope they,ve made you offers on your accounts di,keep us all informed

That would be a nice surprise lol, here's hoping, and cheers Cappo I will keep you informed. x

Comment

http://www.ftadviser.com/FinancialAd...-customers.jsp

FSA lauds PPI ruling as victory for customers
                            • Published Thursday , April 28, 2011
                            The high court decision to dismiss the British Bankers' Associations legal challenge "signals the end of years of poor payment protection insurance complaint handling", according to the FSA.

In a statement following the decision to reject the appeal that the BBA and Nemo Personal Finance brought against the regulator's PPI measures, the FSA said the ruling would "trigger a dramatic improvement in the way customers are treated when complaining".

The regulator added: "Our primary aim has always been to get proper redress, once and for all for those with genuine complaints."
                            Its statement revealed that there have been more than 1.5m complaints made about PPI since the FSA took over regulation of the products in 2005. It revealed that the vast majority of complaints referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service were found in the consumer's favour.

The FSA pointed out that it had not put a waiver in place and that firms must continue to deal with complaints, including letting customers know they can refer their complaint to the Fos. It confirmed that failure to do so could result in enforcement action.

Mike Ransom, managing director of Investor Compensation, said: "This is justice for millions of consumers affected by this whole debacle. The banks finally have to pay the price for their widespread mis-selling.

"Banks have brought this on themselves and they have been guilty of using every loophole available in a bid to hang on to billions of potential refunds.
                            "Banks have effectively blocked information for claims made to the ombudsman, held up claims from consumers and rejected outright many claims on the grounds of small print. Following this consumer victory cash can now start to make its way, quite rightly, back to the consumers from which it was taken.
                            "Mass compensation figures will run into the billions. Now that the correct judgement has been made hopefully the banks will do the right thing by consumers and not try to drag the situation any further."

A statement from the BBA said: "The UK banking industry has implemented every reform on PPI sales and complaints handling required by the regulators, but the additional requirements in the FSA's policy statement apply new standards to past sales which goes beyond the rules developed by the regulator over time.

"We are disappointed with the judgement and must now consider whether it would be appropriate to apply for permission to appeal."
                            Alan Dick, IFA for Glasgow-based Forty Two Wealth Management, said: "The banks have been ripping off customers for years. It is about time someone sorted it out. This is a step in the right direction, but it is probably not the end of the culture."

Comment

Banks will be appealing, as we all have guessed.

BBA will announce next week.

Comment

NLP, glad to see that the banks are doing exactly what we know they are going to do
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X