• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Just a suggestion......not saying it will work but anything is worth a try lol.

Is there anyway we can put some sort of letter together and send a copy to all involved, FSA/FOS/BBA etc even the courts, to put our opinions forward before an appeal possibly goes ahead.
    It may get ignored, but anything maybe worthwhile in the favour of thousands of consumers.

Call me daft if you want to lol.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post

Is there anyway we can put some sort of letter together and send a copy to all involved, FSA/FOS/BBA etc even the courts, to put our opinions forward before an appeal possibly goes ahead.
      It may get ignored, but anything maybe worthwhile in the favour of thousands of consumers.

Ok Di, you're daft!
      Only kidding Di lol - I'll sign up - good idea!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Ok Di, you're daft!
        Only kidding Di lol - I'll sign up - good idea!

LOL "dizzy daft di" :bounce:eace:
        Well, I'm game for a start, and the more the better, we should have the opportunity to have our say and speak up for our consumers.
        We do have a few on here with good wording with letter writing!

Cheers for that.

Comment

that is an excellent idea di at least they might see the true face of the consumer and see the actual person not just the "account number"

Comment

Surely, it should be LB who write the letter!

Comment

Agreed it should be worded from Legal Beagles members.
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garlok View Post
                I note that the arrogance of Ms Angela Knight from the BBA was conspicuous by her abscence (or should that be abcess) from the television news last night!!

regards
                Garlok
                Yes, she is only interested in her money and that of the banks. She does not care about the people who have been ripped off.
                Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Yes that would be fab if LB could put the letter together on behalf of all consumers.

Comment

Surely Lloyds are not working today are they? :tinysmile_aha_t: (Good Friday).

I just received an email now and its from Customer Care in relation to my query as stated in one of my above posts.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

I apologise for the delays in responding to your e-mail. I have passed your e-mail onto ****** ****** who will be in contact as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lloyds TSB Customer Care.

Comment

I have left a message with Amethyst about a letter (as stated above), see what she thinks.

Comment

If a letter can be arranged by LB, that would be absolutely fantastic!

Its one way of putting our views forward, with the undue distress this have caused thousands of customers who have genuine complaints, and let down big time.
                        They have to remember who's keeping these banks afloat!

So if they did decide to go to appeal, at least we are getting issues off our chest as well.
                        Hope it works for us consumers.

Comment

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/consumer...nt/index.shtml

What the court’s ruling on PPI means for you.

On 20 April 2011, the High Court rejected the British Bankers’ Association’s (BBA) and Nemo Personal Finance Limited’s (Nemo) legal challenge to our payment protection income (PPI) measures.
                          We introduced these new measures to ensure that customers are treated more fairly when complaining about the sale of a PPI policy. We believe this decision signals the end of years of poor complaint handling and will trigger a dramatic improvement in the way customers are treated when complaining.
                          However, this is not the end of the process as the BBA and Nemo may seek to appeal the court’s judgment.

What does this mean for your complaint?

Nothing has changed in terms of consumer complaints and you still have the right to complain to your firm about the sale of your PPI policy.
                          If you are not satisfied with how your firm has dealt with your complaint you can take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The ombudsman service is a free, independent service for settling disputes between financial services firms and their customers. You must contact the ombudsman within six months of receiving a response from your firm.
                          The ombudsman service has a template to register a complaint about PPI, which you can send to the firm that sold you the policy.

Isn’t the whole case over now?

The BBA and Nemo may seek to appeal the court’s judgment.

What was the case about?

The BBA started legal proceedings on 8 October 2010 challenging our ability to insist on new measures, which we introduced to ensure customers are treated more fairly when complaining about the sale of a PPI policy or after making a claim.

These measures include:
                          • ensuring firms handle complaints properly and offer redress where appropriate;
                          • explaining when and why firms should review past complaints to identify if there are serious flaws in sales practices that may have affected customers who bought PPI; and
                          • setting out common sales failings to help firms identify bad practice.

Comment

Glad you clarified that bit.
                            Why? What purpose does it have? I suspect those sorts of letters are filed in the metalic filing cupboard marked "rubbish".

Can't they write their own letters or are they that stupid that they do not know how to write a letter or lack the education to do so?
                            You daft mare!! Realistically, it serves no purpose whatsoever and apart from allowing a few(rather than thousands) people to vent, it has no real purpose. An open letter to a national newspaper would be better but serve the same purpose.
                            If you had an angle that a journalist might be interested in then it could be something worthwhile, ie highlighting something but I fear that the time for such a gesture has already passed. I don't think it will work and I don't think it is appropriate or a valid use of your time.
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                              You daft mare!! Realistically, it serves no purpose whatsoever and apart from allowing a few(rather than thousands) people to vent, it has no real purpose. An open letter to a national newspaper would be better but serve the same purpose.
                              If you had an angle that a journalist might be interested in then it could be something worthwhile, ie highlighting something but I fear that the time for such a gesture has already passed. I don't think it will work and I don't think it is appropriate or a valid use of your time.

Hi Leclerc, LOL, yeah that's the thing, it could possibly be a waste of time and effort.
                              Never mind hey? I suppose to them its just another letter!

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                Hmmm..........leclerc has a nifty way with words - I nominate him as the scribe lol
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X