• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Is anyone interested in this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...4#post42951414

PPi claim on hold and happy to tell your story in a newspaper/on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Is anyone interested in this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...4#post42951414

PPi claim on hold and happy to tell your story in a newspaper/on TV?
      How much??? LoL

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
        How much??? LoL

Lol.......yeah good point

Comment

LOL, that's right Paul, the usual response, I don't know why I bother to be honest, just trying my luck I suppose lol.

Just noted as well - some info over at MSE as well on the PPI D Day.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...y-on-wednesday

A crucial High Court ruling that could force banks to re-open thousands of claims for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI) will be made this week.
          The British Bankers' Association (BBA), the banks' trade body, is attempting to overturn tough rules laid down by the City watchdog, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) that could mean justice for millions of victims.

A judgement will be handed down at 10am on Wednesday, the Judiciary office for England and Wales has confirmed.

More to follow on the above link .

Evening one and all....

Yet again I'm speculating (can't help it......sorry)...

However the piece above from MSE, Guy Anker does indeed say (and I quote)

'In fact, the banks are breaking FSA rules by not dealing with claims, though the regulator is failing to hold them to account.'

The regulator really has failed to hold the banks to account with regards to them putting complaints on hold.

My question is, if the decision goes against the banks on Wednesday and they subsequently appeal, will the FSA yet again let the banks keep complaints on hold for longer? Will the FSA let the banks blatantly disregard them and their decision for all PPI complaints to be processed as normal again?

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
            Evening one and all....

Yet again I'm speculating (can't help it......sorry)...

However the piece above from MSE, Guy Anker does indeed say (and I quote)

'In fact, the banks are breaking FSA rules by not dealing with claims, though the regulator is failing to hold them to account.'

The regulator really has failed to hold the banks to account with regards to them putting complaints on hold.

My question is, if the decision goes against the banks on Wednesday and they subsequently appeal, will the FSA yet again let the banks keep complaints on hold for longer? Will the FSA let the banks blatantly disregard them and their decision for all PPI complaints to be processed as normal again?

My feeling is they will try to holdback on dealing with complaints on appeal if it came to it, but maybe they will still have to continue to investigate ongoing complaints.......just maybe, something they should have still be doing anyway in the first place (when the JR started).
            Last edited by di30; 18th April 2011, 18:04:PM.

Comment

Lloyds did not get back to me today, so will see if they will by tomorrow.
              I am thinking about sending the CEO, who is now a new CEO an email about the query sent to customer servives earlier today, not saying anything will be done, but according to what I read in the media, there was something about him wanting to make changes for the better on the complaints system, in this case this should include ppi complaints too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...cut-complaints

Lloyds aims to reduce customer complaints by 20%

Lloyds new chief executive António Horta-Osório pledges to keep existing brands and speeds up branch sell-off.
              Last edited by di30; 18th April 2011, 18:33:PM.

Comment

Lloyds did not get back to me today, so will see if they will by tomorrow.
                I am thinking about sending the CEO, who is now a new CEO an email about the query sent to customer servives earlier today, not saying anything will be done, but according to what I read in the media, there was something about him wanting to make changes for the better on the complaints system, in this case this should include ppi complaints too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...cut-complaints

Lloyds aims to reduce customer complaints by 20%

Lloyds new chief executive António Horta-Osório pledges to keep existing brands and speeds up branch sell-off.

there full of it di

Comment

Not long now folks, the day after tomorrow.

Anyway, not that it will do much good, but I have forwarded a copy of my email to the CEO in regards of my query, basically with Halifax and Lloyds TSB under the same group, on why Halifax had started to redress during the JR whilst Lloyds are not!
                  I have asked them to explain.

I made him aware the email I sent him was a copy sent to Customer Services, and still awaiting a response in this matter, so if anything he will move this on to his underhand team back to the Customer services team lol.

However, I am glad for the ones (Halifax) who are being dealt with and compensated, and so they should.
                  Just a shame others have not followed.

Anyway since editing, just one day to go now folks. :-)
                  Last edited by di30; 18th April 2011, 23:13:PM.

Comment

Here is the news from the day before the PPI Judicial Review(enjoy ).

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Nice one Leclerc.

One of my old time faves as well..........LOL, appropriate!

Comment

Lol, received e-mail and the response is what more or less I expected to hear.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Unfortunately I am unable to answer the below question as I am currently unaware of Halifax’s complaints procedure. I apologise for not being able to answer your question.

Do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care department on 0845 300 5599 if you wish to discuss the matter in further detail.

Kind regards,

Lloyds TSB Customer Care.

Comment

Lol, received e-mail and the response is what more or less I expected to hear.

Unfortunately I am unable to answer the below question as I am currently unaware of Halifax’s complaints procedure. I apologise for not being able to answer your question.

Do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care department on 0845 300 5599 if you wish to discuss the matter in further detail.

Kind regards,

are we really that surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                            are we really that surprised?
                            True!
                            I assumed they would have the same complaints procedures, but that is so right, no surprises there.

Comment

True!
                              I assumed they would have the same complaints procedures, but that is so right, no surprises there.
                              Like i've said before, left hand and right hand.... when it comes to banks never underestimate their ability to have no clue whats going on (except when it suits them of course)

Comment

Kind regards,

LOL what a white wash of course they know there complaints procedure they have to know as Halifax is part of Lloyds and thus have to share info across the group they could not survive otherwise.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X