• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
    Another lender getting on board -

Just had sight of an offer from HFC in response to a complaint lodged Feb, whilst HFC never actually notified this particular complaint would be held pending JR result it has previously been both their and HSBC (parent co) policy to put all claims on hold.

Very interesting timing, when combined with H-fax change of heart could this be a positive sign at last????

Well done Paul, its defo looking good, and hopefully means a positive sign.

Comment

I e-mail Customer Lloyds to ask for updates, despite receiving letters every few weeks.
      So last night left them an email to ask how soon depending on the outcome of the JR will they be getting on with the reclaim complaints.
      Email received this morning here below....

Thank you for your e-mail sent on the 17th April 2011.

We hope to provide you with a response as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately I am unaware of how all complaints will be dealt with once the judicial review has come to an outcome; however, we will aim to keep you updated once the outcome has been made. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Lloyds TSB Customer Care

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        I am unaware of how all complaints will be dealt with once the judicial review has come to an outcome; however, we will aim to keep you updated once the outcome has been made
        Ahhhh, Lloyds, helpful as ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
          Ahhhh, Lloyds, helpful as ever!!!
          LOL, that's right Paul, the usual response, I don't know why I bother to be honest, just trying my luck I suppose lol.

Just noted as well - some info over at MSE as well on the PPI D Day.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...y-on-wednesday

A crucial High Court ruling that could force banks to re-open thousands of claims for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI) will be made this week.
          The British Bankers' Association (BBA), the banks' trade body, is attempting to overturn tough rules laid down by the City watchdog, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) that could mean justice for millions of victims.

A judgement will be handed down at 10am on Wednesday, the Judiciary office for England and Wales has confirmed.

More to follow on the above link .

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
            So,

do we have anyone attending Wednesday to give us the lowdown?

Not too certain, didn't George say he was attending? Will go back and check his post.

Comment

I e-mail Customer Lloyds to ask for updates, despite receiving letters every few weeks.
              So last night left them an email to ask how soon depending on the outcome of the JR will they be getting on with the reclaim complaints.
              Email received this morning here below....

Thank you for your e-mail sent on the 17th April 2011.

We hope to provide you with a response as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately I am unaware of how all complaints will be dealt with once the judicial review has come to an outcome; however, we will aim to keep you updated once the outcome has been made. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Lloyds TSB Customer Care

Di,

Just a thought have you asked Lloyds why Halifax has started to redress valid PPI complaints and why two banks belonging to the same Group have a differant take on the matter?

There response may be an interesting one
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

Di,

Just a thought have you asked Lloyds why Halifax has started to redress valid PPI complaints and why two banks belonging to the same Group have a differant take on the matter?

There response may be an interesting one

Good thinking PF, I shall email them now lol, why I did not think to mention this on my last email goodness knows.
                Hopefully they will get back with an email response by the end of the day.

Comment

Done and sent, will post on here when and if I receive any response in regards of this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                    So,

do we have anyone attending Wednesday to give us the lowdown?

I'm still away but Tom's attending for us and will be able to give us the verbal details of any appeal applications via Amethyst. Should any appeal application be successful the paperwork will be available from the court in due course.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      I'm still away but Tom's attending for us and will be able to give us the verbal details of any appeal applications via Amethyst. Should any appeal application be successful the paperwork will be available from the court in due course.
                      Excellent

Thanks Exc

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that Lloyds may not get back in regards of my e-mail query, as stated above (PF).
                        Normally they are pretty quick going by the last lot of emails, but wonder if they will be stumped this time round?

If they do, they will probably just leave a phone number to contact them for further details.

Comment

For those wondering what Justice Ouseley has been doing, well he is in court tomorrow handing down another case judgement: CO/10271/2010 The Queen on the application of Nd v London Borough Of Croydon(in case you were wondering).
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            For those wondering what Justice Ouseley has been doing, well he is in court tomorrow handing down another case judgement: CO/10271/2010 The Queen on the application of Nd v London Borough Of Croydon(in case you were wondering).

Thanks leclerc.

Also thanks to EXC, and Tom for keeping us all informed.

Comment

I just got lucky and don't have a huge phone bill until next month :o
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I'm probably speaking too soon, or maybe not being patient enough, but its coming to the end of the working day for Lloyds, and they have not up to now emailed back in regards of my query.
                                Saying that I do remember receiving an email response towards the 6 oclock mark.
                                And they are normally quick getting back to me, well they were until now lol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X