• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Hello troops and troopers and trooperesses......

I know patience is the name of the game but even if it does nothing, I'm gonna do something. Does that even make sense?

Firstly I have no issues with how long it takes for a final decision to be reached. There is nothing I can do about that. My issue lies with the way the banks blatantly defy their regulator by not processing complaints during the Judicial Review.

Can someone please clarify exactly how banks 'should' be processing complaints during the Judicial Review?

Are they allowed to put some on hold? None? Them all? Only ones affected by the Judicial Review? If they are only allowed to put complaints on hold that are directly affected by the Judicial Review, who decides what complaints are affected then? The banks? Hardly fair if this is the case.

I know I can go to FOS but as I have said in previous posts I could be looking at up to 2 years and maybe more for a decision. I am claiming quite a bit of missold PPI on behalf of my dad. He is in his early 60's and hopes to retire in the next 6-12 months. He has worked and paid his taxes all his life. Why should he have to wait 2 years and maybe more on the FOS to get a decision on his case just because the banks are getting way with treating their regulator with complete and utter contempt. Why should my mum and dad not enjoy their retirement now with money the banks owe them for missold PPI? It's the banks that should be sorting out the complaints not the FOS. How can they get away with this? How? Why? We the tax payer own the bloody banks and they still get to treat us like something on the bottom of their £500 loafers!

I have drafted a two very strong worded letters for Barclays and MBNA with regards to their stance on processing complaints. However as stated above I would like clarification on how EXACTLY the FSA have asked the banks to process PPI complaints during the Judicial Review.

I have also been in contact with my local MP. You might of heard of his father, Ian Paisley. His son is also called Ian. He has personally acknowledged my correspondence about the issue and hopes to get back to me within a timely manner.

I know this might achieve absolutely nothing but I just wanna do something. I want to annoy, pester, contact, call, e-mail and send letters to the banks as often as possible.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

WOW, good on your SoapyBubbles.

My attitude it if you don't try you will never know.

Anything is worth a try!. Just to get it off your chest as well I think helps x
      And good luck too.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post

I know patience is the name of the game but even if it does nothing, I'm gonna do something. Does that even make sense?

Firstly I have no issues with how long it takes for a final decision to be reached. There is nothing I can do about that. My issue lies with the way the banks blatantly defy their regulator by not processing complaints during the Judicial Review.

Can someone please clarify exactly how banks 'should' be processing complaints during the Judicial Review?

Are they allowed to put some on hold? None? Them all? Only ones affected by the Judicial Review? If they are only allowed to put complaints on hold that are directly affected by the Judicial Review, who decides what complaints are affected then? The banks? Hardly fair if this is the case.

I know I can go to FOS but as I have said in previous posts I could be looking at up to 2 years and maybe more for a decision. I am claiming quite a bit of missold PPI on behalf of my dad. He is in his early 60's and hopes to retire in the next 6-12 months. He has worked and paid his taxes all his life. Why should he have to wait 2 years and maybe more on the FOS to get a decision on his case just because the banks are getting way with treating their regulator with complete and utter contempt. Why should my mum and dad not enjoy their retirement now with money the banks owe them for missold PPI? It's the banks that should be sorting out the complaints not the FOS. How can they get away with this? How? Why? We the tax payer own the bloody banks and they still get to treat us like something on the bottom of their £500 loafers!

I have drafted a two very strong worded letters for Barclays and MBNA with regards to their stance on processing complaints. However as stated above I would like clarification on how EXACTLY the FSA have asked the banks to process PPI complaints during the Judicial Review.

I have also been in contact with my local MP. You might of heard of his father, Ian Paisley. His son is also called Ian. He has personally acknowledged my correspondence about the issue and hopes to get back to me within a timely manner.

I know this might achieve absolutely nothing but I just wanna do something. I want to annoy, pester, contact, call, e-mail and send letters to the banks as often as possible.

Thanks for reading.

i don,t blame you my man as di said go for it and i for one totally agree

Comment

IMO if the judge rules for the banks then there is no point having the FSA or the OFT as that undermines everything they are supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by millymollymoo View Post
            IMO if the judge rules for the banks then there is no point having the FSA or the OFT as that undermines everything they are supposed to do.
            the courts being involved dont only give the banks a get out but also any MP, they will simpyl say they are very sorry for you but the outcome is now subject to a judicial review and we will have to await the outcome of the courts
            realistically what can anyone say apart from that
            if the case is so clear cut the courts will rule in favour
            if not, then the banks were right to bring the case "legally"

all anyone in "power" can tell you at this stage is, await the result of the judicial review , their hands are tied, they wont hypothesise as to what this means if the courts should win to the normal man and woman in the street who have missold to by the banks in exchange for a quick buck

Comment

[quote=SoapyBubbles;208107]Hello troops and troopers and trooperesses......

---

An interesting development to note on the back of this question, I have received 2 letters relating to separate complaints on ppi on cards this week from Halifax stating as follows: (paraphrased but you get the jist)

We have previously confirmed complaint on hold pending decision in JR, we have now reviewed the case further and decuded to offer to settle complaint by putting back into position would have been in had not taken ppi. Our redress team will make the calculations and forward remedy shortly. Further we will review the complaint once the outcome of JR is knownand let you know at that stage if any further payment is due to you from us.

This was a new one on me so rang Halifax to check, confirmed will pay out now + further if required under JR, aparantly this is not a wholesale solution but they are applying this to a number of complaints subject to certain criteria (as usual unable to tell me what that criteria may be, apparantly their systems automativally flag up which cases qualify)

Is only one lender and may only be a small percentage of cases but does this show maybe the FSA threats to firms not dealing with complaints have had some effect or maybe do we think they are getting nervous now the judgement is getting colser?
              Last edited by Paul210; 13th April 2011, 08:47:AM.

Comment

[quote=Paul210;208153]

We have previously confirmed complaint on hold pending decision in JR, we have now reviewed the case further and decuded to offer to settle complaint by putting back into position would have been in had not taken ppi. Our redress team will make the calculations and forward remedy shortly. Further we will review the complaint once the outcome of JR is knownand let you know at that stage if any further payment is due to you from us.

Is only one lender and may only be a small percentage of cases but does this show maybe the FSA threats to firms not dealing with complaints have had some effect or maybe do we think they are getting nervous now the judgement is getting colser?

That would suggest to me that the outcome of the JR is known ( and it probably is). I dont think nerves comes into it. The fact that large numbers are still on hold therefore suggests that the JR has given the banks some good mileage.
                Why else would they start settling on certain cases?

Comment

i wouldnt get too excited they have been sending these letters out for months

Comment

My letter received from Lloyds today on 2 cases - was that they are unable to give a final decision yet, and it will take them longer than normal to assess the complaints, and the usual that they take complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them in a far and consistent manner.

So basically they apologise that they are not in the position to provide us with a final response or give an indication of then this response will be possible, but will consider the complaints as soon as they are able and then write to me to let me know what happens next.

And then the usual, if I'm unhappy I can refer my concerns to the FOS.

The letter received was dated the 12th April, so they obviously posted this yesterday.

Just to add though, this is Lloyds, so even if any decision have been made they will want to hold back as long as they possibly can lol.
                    Last edited by di30; 13th April 2011, 10:16:AM.

Comment

An interesting development to note on the back of this question, I have received 2 letters relating to separate complaints on ppi on cards this week from Halifax stating as follows: (paraphrased but you get the jist)

This was a new one on me so rang Halifax to check, confirmed will pay out now + further if required under JR, aparantly this is not a wholesale solution but they are applying this to a number of complaints subject to certain criteria (as usual unable to tell me what that criteria may be, apparantly their systems automativally flag up which cases qualify)

Sounds like they they know something we don't and/or as you say damage limitation with regards to the FSA
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 13th April 2011, 10:20:AM.
                      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Sounds like they they now something we don't and/or as you say damage limitation with regards to the FSA

Nothing would surprise me PF.

Comment

My letter received from Lloyds today on 2 cases - was that they are unable to give a final decision yet, and it will take them longer than normal to assess the complaints, and the usual that they take complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them in a far and consistent manner.

So basically they apologise that they are not in the position to provide us with a final response or give an indication of then this response will be possible, but will consider the complaints as soon as they are able and then write to me to let me know what happens next.

And then they usual, if I'm unhappy I can refer my concerns to the FOS.

The letter received was dated the 12th April, so they obviously posted this yesterday.

As Halifax are part of Lloyds banking group that is strange as I would of thought they would act in the same fashion across the board so you getting a different outcome to Paul above is mind boggling.
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            As Halifax are part of Lloyds banking group that is strange as I would of thought they would act in the same fashion across the board so you getting a different outcome to Paul above is mind boggling.
                            [/color][/left]

Yes good point PF, I didn't relate to that.

I was not expecting this letter until the 16th April, so earlier than expected, considering they were always so behind on giving updates on the ones i dealt with over a year ago, they did upheld them at the time though, as you know these current ones (last 2) are from late 1999 going into 2002.
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            [quote=Paul210;208153]

---

Hiya

Did you receive these letters in the post today Paul?
                            Last edited by di30; 13th April 2011, 10:23:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hey Di,

one rec monday, 1 tuesday (dated 8th and 11 respectively)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                                Hey Di,

one rec monday, 1 tuesday (dated 8th and 11 respectively)

Thanks Paul.

Just wondering thats all, with mine still being held up, and they actually dealt with the letter on yesterdays date and I received it in the post today.

Cheers x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X