• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    Yes but they only publish the hearings scheduled for the following day.

Court Hearings - daily lists - Administrative and Divisional courts
    You dont think the Banks are dragging this out with the summer break on the horizon for the Courts!!!!!! Nah, they wouldnt do that would they!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Class Act View Post
      FOS reject a high number of CC PPI and unless you have something substantial like, pre existing, unemployed or self employed at the POS then you may sturggle here.
      you are in danger of putting people off claiming. At beginning of March the FOS adjudicated fully in my favour for monthly premium PPI mis-sold with my old Egg credit card taken out in 2004 and closed down in 2006. I had no pre-existing cover and was employed at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
        you are in danger of putting people off claiming. At beginning of March the FOS adjudicated fully in my favour for monthly premium PPI mis-sold with my old Egg credit card taken out in 2004 and closed down in 2006. I had no pre-existing cover and was employed at the time.
        Obviously this was not my intention.

I tried to give an honest opinion on the basis that the FOS had already rejected his case and Cap One ususally gave "no advice". If he feels that the adjudicator is wrong then he should refer to an Ombudsman for a final decision.

Comment

HSBC didnt 'advise' me either. They just hammered my business account for 12k without me knowing a thing about it. Script or no script, advice or no-advice, no excuses for debiting accounts without permission IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Class Act View Post
            Obviously this was not my intention.

I tried to give an honest opinion on the basis that the FOS had already rejected his case and Cap One ususally gave "no advice". If he feels that the adjudicator is wrong then he should refer to an Ombudsman for a final decision.
            yes, agreed, he should defo appeal their decision not to look into this. don't ask, don't get.

Comment

HSBC had a link on information about PPI on there website which directed you to the BBA. It seems to have been removed, or I just can't see it????

Comment

food for thought!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2260091.html

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post

http://www.publications.parliament.u...y/612/612i.pdf
                  Treasury select committee pages 24-48 cover retail banking

Written and oral evidence
                  http://www.publications.parliament.u.../612/612ii.pdf

Additional written evidence
                  http://www.publications.parliament.u.../612/612vw.pdf
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    http://www.publications.parliament.u...y/612/612i.pdf
                    Treasury select committee pages 24-48 cover retail banking

Written and oral evidence
                    http://www.publications.parliament.u.../612/612ii.pdf

Additional written evidence
                    http://www.publications.parliament.u.../612/612vw.pdf

nice one nattie:beagle:
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    watcha p.f
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    hi di
                    Last edited by cappo; 2nd April 2011, 11:09:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

still no idea when it will be then...? they are really dragging this one out...

Comment

Hiya

Just got on now.
                        Not came across any updates up to now.
                        Yeah looks like its going to be dragged out doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
                          still no idea when it will be then...? they are really dragging this one out...
                          the bank charges test case took more than 6 months to even get to court, I think we have hardly seen 6 months since the BBA decided to challenge the rules in October 2010. I know it appears to be taking ages and patience is difficult but the judicial process does not really care for our boredom, so to speak .

From this thread, the likelihood is that it will be given within the next 4 weeks more or less once the judgement is completed and scheduling of a hearing to hand it down. Exc, would be better placed to offer a more specific opinion, I would say.
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I spoke to listings and they e-mailed the judge on Friday to find out what's going on but he hasn't got back to them yet. I'm calling them daily so I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              I spoke to listings and they e-mailed the judge on Friday to find out what's going on but he hasn't got back to them yet. I'm calling them daily so I'll try again tomorrow.

Thats fab EXC, hope you hear something soon and good one!

Comment

March news.....possibly already posted perhaps??

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/ge...027256.article

Call for BBA to take responsibility for PPI review.

Credible claims management companies should not be forced to foot the bill for lost case fee income pending the outcome of the judicial review into payment protection insurance, claims Mike Ransom, managing director of Investor Compensation.

Investor Compensation, which is part of the Mitchell Farrar Group, argues calls from the Association of British Insurers encouraging the Financial Ombudsman Service to force claims management firms to contribute to its funding are based on flawed foundations.
                                The ABI believes the ongoing review into PPI, which was brought by the British Bankers’ Association, has led to an influx of unsubstantiated PPI claims.

Ransom says PPI cases now account for approximately a quarter of claims being referred to the FOS and its fee structure will not bring in the necessary funding.
                                He says: “Credible claims management companies should not be forced to pick up the bill in the meantime. Whilst some claims organisations may aggressively seek out potential cases, causing such an influx, a credible claims management company will validate all payment protection complaints they take on.
                                “Every case will be a credible one - all cases that are submitted to the FOS have an eight-page questionnaire detailing the nature of the complaint.”
                                Ransom argues the BBA ought to take responsibility for the review.
                                He says: “Credible cases, lost causes have led to ombudsman budget woes. It is the banks who should be paying the price for this phenomenon due to their widespread mis-selling.
                                “The judicial review has been brought by the BBA into payment protection insurance and they should be held accountable.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X