• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    You can sit this out a little longer if you want to, or go to the FOS, I am sitting this out a bit longer with mine, in hope some sort of decision will be made over the next month or so.
    I'm following your lead on my First Direct PPI, Di, as it seems to me that there might not be much of a time delay. Also FD wrote promptly and said they have noted the claim and are awaiting the JR. So I can live with that.
    However, on a card where PPI was sold and another bank are denying ever having sold it, thenm I have gone to the FOS now.
    It depends on who it is and the circumstances of the complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post

He's paying £87.76 a month over a period of 120 months for worthless PPI.

This amounts to £10531 on it's own WITHOUT interest on it as I really wouldn't know where to start. If someone could be so kind as to perhaps work out an average amount of interest on the PPI this would be appreciated.
      I think that one's a job for Turbo aka the human calculator.

No rumours on the judgment I'm afraid but it shouldn't be long now

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        I think that one's a job for Turbo aka the human calculator.

No rumours on the judgment I'm afraid but it shouldn't be long now

be onit at 6:05-lol

Comment

Soapy--have startred a separate thread here

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...876#post202876

so we don't interupt the general discussion on this thread with techie sums & precidents on similar cases

Comment

Jonathan Evans, chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance Financial Services, has warned that the final figure for payment protection insurance mis-selling compensation could end up as high as £4bn.

Speaking in the opening session of the group's inquiry into the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, Mr Evans said that "a significant figure is going to become a colossal figure."

He added that an industry source had told him that the figure in relation to PPI could become as high as £4bn and that most profit has ended up in the banking sector.

When questioned on the figure, Eric Galbraith, chief executive of the British Insurers Brokers Association said that the figure could be in the billions, but that it is "unquantifiable".

Mr Galbraith added: "I want to make it clear - we agree with the concept of compensation. The provision for compensation for customers plays an important part in increasing public confidence in financial services.

"However recent levies on our members - resulting from the failure of certain companies in our FSCS sub class whose main business is not insurance intermediation and who mis- sold PPI - has highlighted the inappropriate structure of the FSCS and is causing members massive concern.

He added: "Secondly, there was supposed to be a consultation on the FSCS at the end of last year but this has been delayed. Unfortunately I'm not convinced that the FSA have the desire to really try to resolve this, if or when they consult on the FSCS.

"It is therefore very important that we have this opportunity today to highlight the need for change and for the consultation to commence, as soon as possible, in order to create a more equitable scheme of compensation."

Read more: http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/new...#ixzz1GFUwgPSO
            Post - Insurance news for the UK. Subscribe now.

Comment

Interesting piece by big 4 accountancy firm KPMG on the win/lose scenarios for the banks.

http://www.kpmg.com/UK/en/IssuesAndI...45BILLION.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                Interesting piece by big 4 accountancy firm KPMG on the win/lose scenarios for the banks.

http://www.kpmg.com/UK/en/IssuesAndI...45BILLION.aspx
                sounds like according to these guys it,s a lose/lose for the banks.

Comment

Cappo,

Indeed that has been my view for ages, as far as the consumer goes whether they win or lose they will still have to redress the consumer which is why I cannot understand the hold up of complaints.

All the banks are doing is costing themselves more in statutory interest and if that is 6/18 mths can add up to a tidy extra sum.

Furthermore they say it will cost 4.5billions that is small fry to the financial industry and thus get no sympathy from me
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Cappo,

Indeed that has been my view for ages, as far as the consumer goes whether they win or lose they will still have to redress the consumer which is why I cannot understand the hold up of complaints.

All the banks are doing is costing themselves more in statutory interest and if that is 6/18 mths can add up to a tidy extra sum.

Furthermore they say it will cost 4.5billions that is small fry to the financial industry and thus get no sympathy from me
                    i think the situation being as it is and the banks getting there way over unenforceable loans and bank charges i don,t know if the government are going to risk siding with them again i think your right my man it,s going to cost the banks in the end.

Comment

comment from the deputy p.m

Clegg: I wanted to bankers necks - Yahoo! News UK

Comment

Headline should say "Clegg: I wanted to ring bankers necks"
                        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                          Headline should say "Clegg: I wanted to ring bankers necks"
                          i must have missed that bit when i clicked nattie,it seems like we,ve got a friend in government

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                            i must have missed that bit when i clicked nattie,it seems like we,ve got a friend in government
                            Cappo, read the link three posts up. When you click the link, the headline is right but the copy and paste loses the odd word

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ping-city.html

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                                AC, cappo's already posted the story but from one that was used by Yahoo news.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X