• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Whether I or anyone else on the forum agrees with the things Angela Knight argues about, she is very much respected within the City. Am not sure why we are pointlessly throwing images of her about. You want some links to that viewpoint?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Whether I or anyone else on the forum agrees with the things Angela Knight argues about, she is very much respected within the City. Am not sure why we are pointlessly throwing images of her about. You want some links to that viewpoint?

Nattie as I have said before I have no doubts that she is respected in the city in fact I would be most surprised if she was not she after all is fighting the bankers corner hell someone has too.

But that does not mean she is respected by the consumer I for one loath the woman but that is my own personal opinion which I am entitled too as there are two sides to every coin.

At heart she is probably a very gentle kind person it is just her front that I do not like but then I am not a banker.
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Freshfields LLP, who are acting for the British Bankers Association, are saying that the judgment is expected this month.

http://www.freshfields.com/publicati...ar11/29785.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Nattie as I have said before I have no doubts that she is respected in the city in fact I would be most surprised if she was not she after all is fighting the bankers corner hell someone has too.

But that does not mean she is respected by the consumer I for one loath the woman but that is my own personal opinion which I am entitled too as there are two sides to every coin.

At heart she is probably a very gentle kind person it is just her front that I do not like but then I am not a banker.
          [/COLOR][/LEFT]
          She doesn't represent the consumer so who really cares if the consumer respects her.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

news article on the independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2233663.html

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              Freshfields LLP, who are acting for the British Bankers Association, are saying that the judgment is expected this month.

http://www.freshfields.com/publicati...ar11/29785.pdf

EXC, I have heard a rumour the week commencing 14th March for the decision. (Only a rumour!)

I noticed in a previous thread you mentioned a "Tom" (about contacting the judge's clark?)

You heard anymore?

Comment

I've not heard back from Tom but listings have just told me that they heard it'll be in the next few weeks.

Comment

May as well post this here and see which one of us is the first to notice

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/list_admin.htm
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    May as well post this here and see which one of us is the first to notice

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/list_admin.htm
                    It'll get listed several days before it appears on the daily cause list so hopefully we'll have a few days notice.

Comment

Had this from Tom.

Originally posted by Tom Brennan View Post

I've managed to get a response from Mr Justice Ousley's Clerk. Apparently the judge is currently working on the judgment, and is hoping to get it completed and handed down by the end of March. I was told to call back on Monday to see if a precise date for handing down of judgment has been set by the judge.

There isn't much that can be gathered from this, but I suspect that since a full judgment is being worked on, the BBA's application will not be refused simply on grounds of time. It may be refused on other grounds, as well as time, but I can't see a judge spending this long writing a judgment to simply say that the application is out of time. From what I picked up at the hearings, the application for JR of the FSA will almost certainly have been made IN time, but it is very likely OUT of time in respect of the FOS.

I suspect that the judge is giving a full reasoned judgment, even where the application is out of time in respect of the FOS, because he is mindful of the fact that this will almost certainly be appealed by the losing party.

Which brings us on to the next question: how long will it take:

If permission is refused to the BBA, then they have 7 days to appeal to the Court of Appeal, who may (if we're lucky) hear that appeal before the Summer recess.

The Court of Appeal may, instead of giving permission to appeal, give permission to apply for judicial review, and will be ordered to proceed at the High Court unless the Court of Appeal orders otherwise.

However, given the amount of time the judge is taking, we can assume a substantive judgment, i.e. "I am refusing permission on the grounds of time, but even if the application had been in time, and assuming I had granted permission, I would have refused the application on the basis of X, Y, and Z." In this case, we would just have an appeal to the Court of Appeal on the substantive grounds from the losing party.

Timing is difficult, since it depends upon the availability and workload of the Court of Appeal, and (to a lesser extent) the availability of the lawyers involved in the initial hearing. Assuming we get a judgment by the end of March, appeal papers will need to be in by first week of April, so there is a reasonable chance that a hearing at the Court of Appeal will take place prior to the summer recess, especially given the request for expedition. We may then expect an appeal to the Supreme Court, which may be either at the end of this year, or more realistically, some time at the beginning of 2012 (these things always take longer than we imagine). But, and this is a big but, Judicial Review appeals rarely go all the way to the House of Lords/Supreme Court, so depending on the quality of the judgment we get in the next few weeks, it may well be stopping at the Court of Appeal, particularly if they refuse permission to appeal and/or permission to bring the JR.

So, we could have the entire affair over by the end of May, assuming a win for the FSA/FOS and a refusal of permission by the Court of Appeal. Alternatively, if it goes all the way, we may not have a final judgment until Feb-April of 2012. Sorry I can't be more precise than that, but there are just too many factors at play. I'll have a better idea once I've read the judgment and once the appeal papers (if any) are filed.

Comment

I really don't know where or how you guys and girls get the information you do but out of all the sources on the internet the information supplied on this site and particularly this thread is quite simply amazing.

The average person with an interest in this case would be absolutely totally lost without the information on this site. The banks must be crapping themselves at the information that Joe Public can now find out.

So a big massive, massive thank you from me to all the knowledgeable tweeps that find and supply the info.

When I hopefully win my PPI cases I will have no hesitation in making a sizeable donation to this site.

Comment

All the best on all your PPI reclaims SoapyBubbles.

Yes its a fab site and everyone are wonderful, no matter what the subject is they are here to help.

Comment

Hi SoapyBubbles

Yes, you are so right in what you say. I wrote off over 15000 pounds with help on here, which was at times a bit technical-I certainly could not have done it without the guidance on here.

Hopefully LB will help you in a similar way. Good luck with your claim!
                            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2236547.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2236149.html

Comment

''Treasury Select Committee yesterday announced it would probe the industry-wide misselling of PPI.''

Lloyds axe chief over service shambles | The Sun |News

Or at least that's what The Sun thinks.

A quick check on the Treasury Select Committee's website and it appears that the current bun has confused PPI with PFI (Private Finance Initiative).

Committee announces new inquiry on the Private Finance Initiative - UK Parliament

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X